Carbonated Beverages

Beverages  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call carbonated beverages?

In Texas it's all coke.

Coca-cola = coke.

Sprite = coke.

Pepsi = coke.

They know what pop is, just give me tons of **** when I order it, but I don't care. Usually, I'll just call it what it is, but when that's not an option, I call it pop.

Maybe around Houston, but not here. Austin calls it soda. I grew up calling it pop. I avoid the awkwardness of either and always go brand specific, usually asking for coke, Dr Pepper, or 7up.

Already been studied to death. Go here--

www.PopVsSoda.com

Check that site out! The debate is broken down by every county in The Nation. Growing up I called it "pop"... I would even say: "Coke." That's crazy for a Northern like me! Now, I mainly say: "soda" even though the MidWest here is: "pop."

Pop

Soda

Coke

Other: Like "tonic" or "seltzer"... Effing New Englanders gotta be different!!

/end_thread

Crazy Texas! :-P

My sister worked with a lady from Atlanta... @ The Mayo Clinic when she lived in Minnesota. One time my sister was going for a "pop" @ the vending machine and asked the lady from Atlanta what she wanted, Miss Atlanta replied: "A Coke." My sister brought her back a Coke. The Lady was slightly miffed... She said she wanted an "Orange Crush!" Huh!!!!! Crazy Southerners!!!! ;-) :-P

I get this and I order specifically, too.

However, I think the question is this ...

If you had a can each of sprite, pepsi, dr. pepper and a mug rootbeer all in front of you .... how would you finish this sentence: In front of me are four ________s.

Would it be sodas, pops, soda-pops or cokes?

I get this and I order specifically, too.

However, I think the question is this ...

If you had a can each of sprite, pepsi, dr. pepper and a mug rootbeer all in front of you .... how would you finish this sentence: In front of me are four ________s.

Would it be sodas, pops, soda-pops or cokes?

Soft drinks. :D