TRBJ: Day 342 of Captivity-Current Proceeds: $4.86

BringBackFergy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can play this on a continuous loop at the Bake Sale. Nice find.

Nanker's toenail cake status: So far DC Tom is highest bidder at $17.45 (he chose this bid because in 1745 the Prussian empire did something important that I'm sure he'll explain later)

Frederick the Great crushed the Saxon and Austrian armies at Hohenfriedburg. The battle was ultimately won with one of the greatest cavalry charges of all time, when the Bayeruth Dragoons charged through a gap in the center of the Austrian lines and overran both wings of the Austrian Army in succession, destroying 20 battalions and taking about 3000 prisoners at the cost of 90 casualties of their own.

One of my favorite battles. I've actually written an article about it.

Frederick the Great crushed the Saxon and Austrian armies at Hohenfriedburg. The battle was ultimately won with one of the greatest cavalry charges of all time, when the Bayeruth Dragoons charged through a gap in the center of the Austrian lines and overran both wings of the Austrian Army in succession, destroying 20 battalions and taking about 3000 prisoners at the cost of 90 casualties of their own.

One of my favorite battles. I've actually written an article about it.

See? That's why I knew you bid 1745 (as opposed to 1722 which involved a whole other set of factors Beerball wouldn't understand).

Anyway, TRBJ is currently studying history textbooks during his captivity and, once emaciated and free, he will be able to discuss other historical facts with all of us.

See? That's why I knew you bid 1745 (as opposed to 1722 which involved a whole other set of factors Beerball wouldn't understand).

Anyway, TRBJ is currently studying history textbooks during his captivity and, once emaciated and free, he will be able to discuss other historical facts with all of us.

Actually, I would have bid 1757. Rossback. THE greatest cavalry charge of all time - Seydlitz catches the Austro-French calvary flat-footed in marching order, charges them with some 53 squadrons, routs them and forces them back through the Austro-French infantry, then reforms the calvary (an impossible thing to do after a charge) and charges the Austro-French infantry, routing them. Frederick only committed nine battalions of infantry to mop up.

The Prussians suffered about 500 casualties. The French and Austrians, about twenty thousand. An unheard-of imbalance in the musket era.

How the !@#$ does TRBJ have a warning point. He's the most inoffensive, milquetoast, white-bread, candy-ass poster on this site. He's the internet equivalent of marshmallow fluff. His picture is in the dictionary next to "bland." He's so completely unremarkable that I can't even exert the iota of effort it takes to call him an idiot.*

How does he have a warning point, when I don't?

*Note: this statement does not constitute calling TRBJ an idiot.

I somehow have two warning points. The fact that you have none makes me think there is a Patriots* like conspiracy going on here with the refs/moderators.

Edit: Of course, after 15 or so years on this website I have no idea wtf a warning point actually means or what potential effects it can have.

Edited by MDH

I somehow have two warning points. The fact that you have none makes me think there is a Patriots* like conspiracy going on here with the refs/moderators.

Edit: Of course, after 15 or so years on this website I have no idea wtf a warning point actually means or what potential effects it can have.

Anyone want to bake some brownies for MDH??

Sure. Go off on tangent after tangent.

Well, I've taken CowGirlFan's advice and have procured the following which I will donate to the cause!

Like I'm gonna work MY fingers to the bone for the likes of you all. :angry:

Well, anyway I think there's something here for everyone. Let the bidding wars begin and FREE TRBJ!

enhanced-19636-1413395817-7.jpgheres-your-stupid-cake01.jpg450coldsore.jpg145236-walmart-cake-you-cannot-fix-stupisams_silly_monster.214153920_large.JPGenhanced-buzz-4624-1367502068-8.jpg

Sure. Go off on tangent after tangent.

Well, I've taken CowGirlFan's advice and have procured the following which I will donate to the cause!

Like I'm gonna work MY fingers to the bone for the likes of you all. :angry:

Well, anyway I think there's something here for everyone. Let the bidding wars begin and FREE TRBJ!

450coldsore.jpg

LOL love it