Robert Woods

NextYearGuys

I really think he needs a bigger role in the offense. He has phenomenal hands and is as tough as they come. His routes are also very very good. Whenever Sammy is out, he steps up big time and makes plays for us. I want him to be happy here and I want us to re-sign him. Thoughts?

he's probably pretty upset at his role. Rex mentioned how Sammy is great but it was Robert Woods who used to kill the Jets when Rex would double Sammy. definitely need to get this guy more involved because you know everyone will be keying on Sammy from here on out. not every team has a Revis so Sammy will be occupying 2 defensemen

I really think he needs a bigger role in the offense. He has phenomenal hands and is as tough as they come. His routes are also very very good. Whenever Sammy is out, he steps up big time and makes plays for us. I want him to be happy here and I want us to re-sign him. Thoughts?

I see Robert has joined the TBD message board. Welcome!

I'm a big fan of Woods. While Rex was going nuts on the sidelines after Darby sealed the Jets win, you can see Woods in the background skipping down the sideline. He's a great teammate and I really hope they can re-sign him, but I suspect he moves on. I wouldn't blame him if he left.

The last few weeks have seen both Charles Clay and Robert Woods get less looks. Much of that is due to Taylor being predominantly a one-read QB at this point in his career. And the first guy he looks at when dropping back is Watkins.

Most QB's don't go through progressions early in their career and that's on display. Fortunately, Tyrod seems better able to avoid bad decisions than Buffalo's 2013 first round pick who just couldn't develop.

Guys like Woods and Clay need to become more involved when teams (NE on MNF) try to take Watkins away. I hope the coaching staff recognizes that running the ball and throwing to Sammy won't get you very far.