Cox subtitles in Spanish

Saxum

We just had service installed to replace Verizon.

When my wife turned on the subtitles she discovered they were in Spanish - they never were before.

Evidently this is something which can only be set in the box at site not remotely so they need to send technician and will charge for it.

Choices offered by Cox: one time fee for visit or sign up for service plan

Choices offered to Cox: Fix it or we take TV service off and/or cancel internet - we are within 30 day signup window.

Companies which think they can abuse you for service fees are not companies I want multi-year commitment for but it is my wife's call and she said she ABSOLUTELY will not pay to fix their problem.

I do not know what you see when you watch commercials spoken in Spanish since I have never watched TV since we got it.

My wife spent two hours with technician on the phone so I believe it is something not simple but Cox should have done a reset of the equipment before sending equipment to new customer; if not it could have a lot of changes made, items stored on DVR, credit cards for application, PPV, etc.

It ends up it was a faulty box which COX wanted us to fix by paying for a service call.

We returned box to office, got a new one and it worked fine.

It is an abomination that they want to charge customer for fixing broken equipment they issued but it is a cable company with a monopoly which I terminated service with before due to poor service.