Refugee Crisis in the U. S. (?)

B-Man

ICE is an abomination. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-farmworkers-ice-20180316-htmlstory.html

ICE Director Thomas Homan has said that immigrants who have entered the U.S. illegally “should be afraid.”

He warned that California’s so-called sanctuary policies, which limit the cooperation between local and federal law enforcement, give the agency no choice but to make arrests in neighborhoods and at work sites. That leads to the arrests of other immigrants in the country illegally who are not intended targets, he said.

“This is a prime example of how sanctuary policies, which have pushed ICE out of jails, force our officers to conduct more enforcement in the community — which poses increased risks for law enforcement and the public,” Homan said in a statement to The Times. “It also increases the likelihood that ICE will encounter other illegal aliens who previously weren’t on our radar. It is nonsensical to demand that ICE solely focus on criminals, while simultaneously preventing ICE from arresting criminal aliens inside the secure confines of local jails.”

Win Eaton, an attorney in Bakersfield, is representing some of the detained farmworkers in immigration court.

“It’s just terrible that these people are going to be used as pawns,” he said.

The disgusting state of Immigration Courts is explained well here from John Oliver who makes it as entertaining as possible given the subject.  

Yeah, immigration and customs enforcement is an abomination.

You $%#&ing douche.

If Oliver is your source of intellectual inspiration, then you're even more clueless than I thought.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Yeah, immigration and customs enforcement is an abomination.

You $%#&ing douche.

If Oliver is your source of intellectual inspiration, then you're even more clueless than I thought.

Interesting analysis of the article & the video. Thanks for your input. The board would suffer without your valuable contributions.

14 hours ago, LA Grant said:

ICE is an abomination. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-farmworkers-ice-20180316-htmlstory.html

The disgusting state of Immigration Courts is explained well here from John Oliver who makes it as entertaining as possible given the subject.  

You keep sourcing John Oliver. Who the !@#$ is John Oliver?

13 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Interesting analysis of the article & the video. Thanks for your input. The board would suffer without your valuable contributions.

Why do you tolerate criminals? Why do you hate the laws of this nation?

If your an illegal immigrant you should be kicked out of the country

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

You keep sourcing John Oliver. Who the !@#$ is John Oliver?

Why do you tolerate criminals? Why do you hate the laws of this nation?

If your an illegal immigrant you should be kicked out of the country

John Oliver isn't a "source." He is aggregating sources to tell the news story with comedy. The video is for your benefit as it presents the facts clearly and in plain language.

Laws are man-made. They can be wrong, broken, impractical. They have been wrong, broken, impractical. Will you deny this?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LA Grant said:

John Oliver isn't a "source." He is aggregating sources to tell the news story with comedy. The video is for your benefit as it presents the facts clearly and in plain language.

Laws are man-made. They can be wrong, broken, impractical. They have been wrong, broken, impractical. Will you deny this?

@B-Man is John Oliver.  Got it.

And I don't that. I live by God's law and Coughlin's law.  

Edited by Boyst62

More Wag the Dog BS from Donald the Trumpeter.   Crate another story to make people forget the last shitstorm he created.  

this so called human train is breaking up as it hits Mexico City which is about 1,732 miles from the San Diego region and 700 to the US border near Laredo Texas.

How many troops will he send to cover the estimated at 1,933 mile    stretch ? 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

More Wag the Dog BS from Donald the Trumpeter.   Crate another story to make people forget the last shitstorm he created.  

this so called human train is breaking up as it hits Mexico City which is about 1,732 miles from the San Diego region and 700 to the US border near Laredo Texas.

How many troops will he send to cover the estimated at 1,933 mile    stretch ? 

An extended battalion frontage is about 10km.  So that's about 75 BCTs, infantry.  About 300,000 troops.  

Also the same problem with a wall: you can't just let it sit and rot, you have to DEFEND the goddamn thing.  With...about 300,000 troops.

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

Both Presidents Before Trump Sent the National Guard to the Southern Border

"Militarizing the border" is not a new concept

It's just odd to me that Trump's policies has improved border security to the point it's the lowest in 15 years and now he's sending the National Guard there which kind of minimizes that accomplishment.  

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's just odd to me that Trump's policies has improved border security to the point it's the lowest in 15 years and now he's sending the National Guard there which kind of minimizes that accomplishment.  

We're talking about a "successful businessman" who credits his success to multiple bankruptcies.

Seems pretty !@#$ing consistent.