Nick Foles benched in St Louis

YoloinOhio

Name a QB that we didn't lust for?

Its a shorter list, thats for sure. But i admit that i was a hopeful for Bradford in some bizarre turn of events> and i woulda taken Foles.

our level of desperation for the playoffs has eaten our souls from the inside out.

Maybe we click our ruby red shoes 3 times, we already have our Boy.

The grass is not always greener other side of the septic tank!

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't he one of the QB's many people here wanted the Bills to chase after?

too lazy to search the archives

Yes. Along with Bradford, Cousins, Glennon, even Manziel....

Talk about a deal with no winners. I think that Bradford - Foles trade may be historic in its sabotage of both teams.

It isn't looking good at this point, either way.

Yes, he was.

It is a pretty long list.

It just goes to show you that getting a franchise QB is a crapshoot.

Washington gave up a boatload for RGIII. Many here complained that the Bills should have swung for the fences as did Washington. As it turns out, it is a good thing we did not.

Unfortunately, the way that the college game is played, there are not a lot of QBs that make the transition to the NFL much less become a franchise QB.

Thank you Mr. Whaley for locating a nugget like Taylor. Now get rid of that synthetic "diamond" Manuel.

Look, let's be real for a moment here.

In the right scheme, with the right players around him, Nick Foles set a record Touchdown to Interception ratio.

I am a Chip critic, but for that year, that magic year, you had Foles able to stretch the field with Desean Jackson, a fair complement with Cooper and Ertz as secondary targets, and Shady going for a career and league best rushing attack.

Tell me, with a straight face, really tell me (and I will fight on this) that we are worse off with Tyrod being handed Sammy with Woods and Clay and Shady and Karlos pounding the rock.

This is not a bad thing. Super Bowls have been won with streaky QBs with a strong run game and defense, over and over again.

Seriously. I thought it was a good deal for the rams. At least they got a 2nd rounder out of it

In Philly the initiall chatter was Bradford and a second for Foles...and there was much rejoicing, because Bradford and a second and a first might have been enough for Mariota.

And then the real deal broke and there was much weeping.

Yeah, it's not like Foles ever had a great 7 games streak in his short career like Tyrod is having. Oh, wait a minute ... there was that 10 game streak in which he went 8-2 with 27 TDs and just 2 INTs. Amazing how confident people are that Tyrod is the real deal and Foles is garbage ...

Thank you Mr. Whaley for locating a nugget like Taylor. Now get rid of that synthetic "diamond" Manuel.

Thank Rex for Taylor.

Rex's GM instincts are actually pretty underrated. I'm not saying he should get the reins to the entire franchise like Belichick but the acquisitions this year that clearly had Rex's fingerprints have a pretty good success percentage: Tyrod, Incognito, Darby, Karlos. Percy Harvin and IK would be the "busts" of the Rex picks but Harvin played great before he got hurt and we haven't really seen much of IK yet.

I'll be honest. I was one of them as I thought he was the best available at the time. That first year as a starter for Philly was amazing. I don't follow St. Louis closely enough other than seeing Gurley to know is this on Foles, the line, or poor WR play.

In hindsight, TT as the better choice.

I'm pretty sure the Bills were in on Bradford, but St. Louis wanted Foles and the Eagles got to make that deal. Then St. Louis extended Foles in August. That franchise is moronic. I can't believe how poorly they're playing with all of the studs on that roster.

Meanwhile, did the Bills dodge a bullet? I'd much rather have Taylor than Bradford right now - and I'm a Bradford fan. The guy is just made of glass and you can't count on him on a weekly basis.

I thought Foles would be a good starting QB based on his one very good year. Chip might be smarter then I thought.

he is smart for trading the only QB who he has ever had success with while with the Eagles, is cheaper than the one he acquired, and also giving away a 2nd rd pick? 🤔 Edited by YoloinOhio

Once again another QB a ton of posters wanted that is not working out fir their team

And a small crew here are bitching about Tyrod Taylor....do you see JUST HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND THESE GUYS

P.S. That is why that crew are not offering up solutions other then "drafting X QB but I dont know which one"......tear down the guy that is actually playing well for us....but dont offer a alternative (mostly because there really isnt one)

what about ..... oh never mind 0:)

WRT to Tyrod. Are you saying that people can't be critical of Tyrod at all even when he makes mistakes?

Put aside my opinion that EJ doesn't totally suck here and lets discuss this.

Tyrod has done some very good things here, but he still has things that need improvement. If you think otherwise IMO you are fooling yourself.

Listen to Tainted Tom after a game. He most always says that there are things that need improvement. Might THAT be why he's so great?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

he is smart for trading the only QB who he has ever had success with while with the Eagles, is cheaper than the one he acquired, and also giving away a 2nd rd pick?

Very good point , I just can't predict which QBs will become good, long term starters.

he is smart for trading the only QB who he has ever had success with while with the Eagles, is cheaper than the one he acquired, and also giving away a 2nd rd pick?

This is gonna be a wash for both teams aside from the draft picks acquired. Both players are not really working out as planned in their new settings.

This is gonna be a wash for both teams aside from the draft picks acquired. Both players are not really working out as planned in their new settings.

i don't think it's really a wash for the Eagles right now. They made the playoffs with Foles (And he looked great) and we're trending toward the playoffs last year before he got hurt. They got worse with Bradford at QB. Throw in the added money and 2nd rd pick and it's much worse than a wash. Plus they can't even get the 4th rounder from STL because Bradford played too many games and hit the qualifier.

For STL it looks like a wash at this point as you said, aside from the draft pick. Still a QB away.

Thank Rex for Taylor.

Why? Everybody thought Foles was good after he had that phenomenal 12 game stretch a few years ago. What makes a QB a franchise guy is being able to consistently do it year in year out. Not for 12 games and certainly not for 6.

Taylor might be the answer but we won't know it for awhile. Personally, I'm skeptical he can stay healthy for entire seasons given his playing style.