Refs admit wrong call at end of Jax/Ravens

YoloinOhio

Ravens should have won game. Could affect their draft position if not Wildcard implications for Jax

Ravens penalized for grabbing face mask

@jeffzrebiecsun: According to NFL spokesman Michael Signora, the officials erred on that final play, which should have not happened and Ravens would have won

Said Signora: "The correct call in this case would have been to penalize the offense for a false start because all 11 players were not set, and whistle to stop the play. The ensuing 10-second runoff should have ended the game."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Refs are just incompetent. Nothing to see here. Quick Beerball, lock this thread. WEO, get in here and defend the NFL.

Or.....the NFL fixes games on a weekly basis. Perhaps the NFL is a real sports/WWE hybrid. Just throwing it out there. Please don't ban me.

oops, Jax could sneak into the playoffs now if the Colts collapse

that division is such crap. I think it would be better for us if they win the division, right? We beat colts and still have a chance to beat Houston. I think any of those three could win the division at this point. Edited by YoloinOhio

I just noticed the "Blown Calls" thread. I thought it was just for the Pats-NYG game but I can put this in there.

We should have a separate thread for each of these. It will give fans a better idea of how often this happens. Otherwise you're hiding it in a thread not that many people read.

Refs are just incompetent. Nothing to see here. Quick Beerball, lock this thread. WEO, get in here and defend the NFL.

Or.....the NFL fixes games on a weekly basis. Perhaps the NFL is a real sports/WWE hybrid. Just throwing it out there. Please don't ban me.

Please do ban him. The tinfoil hat fixer schtick is beyond old.

The refs suck. They messed up again. The game wasn't fixed for THE GD JAGUARS. Get it together, your posts on the matter are embarrassing.

Please do ban him. The tinfoil hat fixer schtick is beyond old.

The refs suck. They messed up again. The game wasn't fixed for THE GD JAGUARS. Get it together, your posts on the matter are embarrassing.

Tin foil hats insult. Check.

What does that even mean? That I believe in aliens?

Are you telling me that if I think the NFL is fixed I believe in UFOs? Now THAT is some embarrassing logic.

Agreed about the incompetence. The rules in the NFL have never been less understood or more poorly applied. That abortion of a game in Seattle last night was unwatchable. Flags, whistles, delays, reviews that shouldn't have been needed. Yet, nothing ever changes when it comes to the NFL.

Edited by The Thurmanator

"The NFL should stop admitting on Mondays it got calls wrong. Try getting them right on Sunday's!!"

-btj

Imo

That's the modus operandi. Fix games and if you're too obvious, release a statement on Monday saying you screwed up.

Yup, just ridiculous.

Imo

This sport is pure entertainment.

Calling it a Hybrid is too lenient.

Imo

"The NFL should stop admitting on Mondays it got calls wrong. Try getting them right on Sunday's!!"

-btj

Imo

Yup, just ridiculous.

Imo

This sport is pure entertainment.

Calling it a Hybrid is too lenient.

Imo

And this is coming from a guy who knows people on the inside.

I don't know what else people need to hear. I think it's like anything else. When a person is ready to hear it, then he will listen. Otherwise, it goes out one ear and out the other.

Some people are sheep, the NFL* is their Shepherd.

I don't know what else people need to hear. I think it's like anything else. When a person is ready to hear it, then he will listen. Otherwise, it goes out one ear and out the other.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

The 68 year old referees ...woops, oh well I shouldn't be out here calling an nfl game but I cant say no to the money ...so I keep doing it. As I told my wife AFTER I retire I'm gonna ref nfl games and fund our retirement......she asked if I could run with 23 year old premier athletes I said of course I can. I sorta know the rules replay will cover anything too terrible and tv ratings are way up all the owners are making big money winning is secondary

Did anyone catch the end of the Cardinals-Seahawks game last night. As they were showing Bruce Arians shaking hands with all his assistant coaches, some guy in a peacoat slaps him on the back and Arians runs off like a scared subordinate. We're talking the HEAD COACH! And then this mystery guy pats the ref standing near the sideline on the back and the ref gives a nervous smile.

Who the hell was that guy that he gets a head coach who just won to run off and a ref to blush. Anybody have a GIF of that?

Agreed about the incompetence. The rules in the NFL have never been less understood or more poorly applied. That abortion of a game in Seattle last night was unwatchable. Flags, whistles, delays, reviews that shouldn't have been needed. Yet, nothing ever changes when it comes to the NFL.

Officiating has never been worse because they keep putting more and more reliance on video replay. The only path to improving the officiating is to ban replay in all forms and live with calls on the field. But of course, we have to "get it right" so that will never happen.

Since the call would have ended the game, they can absolutely award the game to the Ravens.

A precedent so horribly bad that even the NFL competition committee wouldn't be that stupid.

Did anyone catch the end of the Cardinals-Seahawks game last night. As they were showing Bruce Arians shaking hands with all his assistant coaches, some guy in a peacoat slaps him on the back and Arians runs off like a scared subordinate. We're talking the HEAD COACH! And then this mystery guy pats the ref standing near the sideline on the back and the ref gives a nervous smile.

Who the hell was that guy that he gets a head coach who just won to run off and a ref to blush. Anybody have a GIF of that?

Was he chain-smoking cigarettes, by any chance?