Report - Rob Ryan to be fired in NOLA

YoloinOhio

Schopp yesterday, after the rumors of Rob being fired were swirling but the Saints had denied it so far, asked Rex what he thought about it. Rex, in his inimitable style, said something to the effect of, "Well, my defenses have never been that bad. Just kidding... Not really, mine have never been that bad." Shopp and Bulldog couldn't stop laughing. It was pretty funny.

He was telling the truth as I posted about right above you...the current Bills defense is far and away the worst Rex has had, although I think its starting to round into shape and will likely start having much more consistent performances down the back half of the schedule.

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was telling the truth as I posted about right above you...the current Bills defense is far and away the worst Rex has had, although I think its starting to round into shape and will likely start having much more consistent performances down the back half of the schedule.

We're right in the middle of the pack in most regards, higher in some, lower in others, but middle of the pack on average.

That is my question actually?

I dont know anything about Rob Ryan's pedigree

They both put a lot of pressure on the CBs, but Rob really takes that to the extreme. Those CBs are on islands in man coverage. And if it's not working he leaves them there. Totally inflexible. Rex does it a lot too, but not like that.

I heard that and it was really funny. This is Rex's worst ever defense. I saw progress last week... the next two are tests - not can we beat NE - we likely won't but can we at least compete against their offense and then KC which is a game we just HAVE to have.

Rex might be the only person that will hire Rob at this point. Getting fired from 2 jobs in a row and coordinating one of the worst defenses in NFL history in NO. Jeff Weeks + Rob + Rex and this place will be like a frat house