Good bottle to bring to a party?

bbb

I haven't drank in a long time. Whenever, I go to a party I really have no idea what kind of bottle to bring. This whole wine craze started after I cut off because I had already drank my share.

Do you ever just bring a bottle of bourbon, which seems to be a hot drink now.........Or, Johnny Walker Blue, ditto.

Or do you stick with wine............And, if it is wine, if you don't know what the host drinks, is there a kind that is always good?

I'll host a party so you can bring me a bottle of Johnny blue. Deal?

I would say I guess it depends on the party your going to and how fancy upscale it is.

For some parties it might be fine to bring a bottle of mid level vodka since you can mix it with so much. If you want to be different bring gin? I'm a big fan of all things whiskey and spiced rum. Or other parties a 12er of nice beer would be cool. It all depends on your friends, the party etc... But if you were even considering Johnny blue label your probably going to a nicer party.

Buffalo Trace Bourbon is the perfect choice.

Superb bourbon, <$40 a bottle and has the perfect name with the perfect graphic on the bottle.

I will second the recommendation. Choosing any of the Buffalo Trace bourbons is a solid choice. I like the E H Taylor small batch for $40.

Yeah, I should have stipulated. Host and my group is 50+. Their kids will be there, so 20+ers, too...........But, mainly I'm buying for the host..............He's really hooking us up with the party and tickets later that night.

I surprised the number of people suggesting hard liquor. Good Bourbon, Scotch, Cognac is something you give as a Christmas or birthday gift not something to be supposedly shared at a party. It just seems more personal and that you're paying attention to what your friends like. My suggestion is bring flowers. :D

Thanks, everybody - I took what I think was the first suggestion - Buffalo Trace Bourbon. Very appropriate.

You first need to tell us what kind of party you are going to... Only then can you get a correct response.

I thought I had a few posts up from this post, but this is where the party will be held:

2a5jj8y.jpg