Peyton Manning Benched

Protocal69

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can that be when many here were saying we should have traded for him.?

Osweiler stinks. If they don't play great defense they are an also ran.

He's on my FF team along with Bortles, fortunately I played Blake, still lost but at least I didn't also have -7 at QB

He has negative 7 points for the guy I was playing in FF this week. Never seen that before. Ouch.

One of the Top 10 all-time QBs should be able to use this as motivation. I think he'll turn it around and finish off the season strong. I'm basing this solely on Peyton Manning the man -- not the football player. We didn't see it today, but that defense is good enough to get the Broncos deep into the playoffs with a mediocre QB. I believe that's what Peyton is this year, today's game notwithstanding.

Dan Marino's second to last year, age 37r: 10-6, 80 QBR, 23 TD, 15 INT. Marino's final year (38): 5-6, 67 QBR, 12 TD, 17 INT. Done.

Brett Favre's second to last year (40): 12-4, 107 QBR, 33 TD, 7 INT. Favre's final year (41): 5-8, 70 QBR, 11 TD, 17 INT. Done.

Yes, Manning is hurt -- plantar fasciitis and a rib injury too. And given that he already needs to step into his throws to get adequate strength on them, he's pretty much useless right now. So he's hurt, maybe he'll sit a week or two, and then maybe have a brief rebound as he did in the Green Bay game. But still ... this is how it almost always ends for the great and aged. An injury or a series of injuries that they can't quite heal from. Manning is immobile to begin with, but now he's about as immobile as I've ever seen -- he just collapses rather than even trying to shake off pass rushers. One of the Denver columnists called him the Fainting Goat.

As for Osweiler: he probably is crap, if only because most Starting QBs in Waiting are. But he might be better. Even in limited action today his mobility made a big difference, as did his arm strength. Right now he's Tyrod 2014 (well, a Tyrod who's about a foot taller) -- I think the Broncos will re-sign him and move on from Peyton, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone (Texans?) tries to convince Peyton to give it one more go ...

... oh, and it'll happen to Brady too. And well before he's 50 ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Dan Marino's second to last year, age 37r: 10-6, 80 QBR, 23 TD, 15 INT. Marino's final year (38): 5-6, 67 QBR, 12 TD, 17 INT.

Yes, Manning is hurt -- plantar fasciitis and a rib injury too. And given that he already needs to step into his throws to get adequate strength on them, he's pretty much useless right now. So he's hurt, maybe he'll sit a week or two, and then maybe have a brief rebound as he did in the Green Bay game. But still ... this is how it almost always ends for the great and aged. An injury or a series of injuries that they can't quite heal from. Manning is immobile to begin with, but now he's about as immobile as I've ever seen -- he just collapses rather than even trying to shake off pass rushers. One of the Denver columnists called him the Fainting Goat.

As for Osweiler: he probably is crap, if only because most Starting QBs in Waiting are. But he might be better. Even in limited action today his mobility made a big difference, as did his arm strength. Right now he's Tyrod 2014 (well, a Tyrod who's about a foot taller) -- I think the Broncos will re-sign him and move on from Peyton, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone (Texans?) tries to convince Peyton to give it one more go ...

Except TT was a great college player and Osweiler an average one. He was drafted because he's big and has a really strong arm.

Except TT was a great college player and Osweiler an average one. He was drafted because he's big and has a really strong arm.

Osweiler came out early too. No doubt TT had a more impressive senior year, but as I said, while I don't expect Osweiler to be more than adequate, there's a chance he'll break out if given the opportunity. People are still bewildered by why Elway hired Kubiak and installed Kubiak's offense when Manning obviously can't run it. The answer is the Kubiak hire wasn't about Manning, it's about the post-Manning future. It'll be interesting.

anyone remember Marino's final year in 1999 it was a lot like this - can't move - fastball comes out like a popcorn fart - a lot of picks - they look a lot a like.................. 5-6 record for Marino didn't have Denvers D to finish up with (and save face)

Edited by CardinalScotts

Osweiler came out early too. No doubt TT had a more impressive senior year, but as I said, while I don't expect Osweiler to be more than adequate, there's a chance he'll break out if given the opportunity. People are still bewildered by why Elway hired Kubiak and installed Kubiak's offense when Manning obviously can't run it. The answer is the Kubiak hire wasn't about Manning, it's about the post-Manning future. It'll be interesting.

But he just wasn't very good. He only started one season and was an average QB with a lively arm. Threw a ton of bad balls and bad decisions. A lot of his completions were on these swing passes they used to run (which he was pretty good on but they were still the equivalent of 5 yard passes). He wasn't a great leader or play great in big games or a very good runner or anything. He just had a cannon of an arm and was 6'8" or whatever.

But he just wasn't very good. He only started one season and was an average QB with a lively arm. Threw a ton of bad balls and bad decisions. A lot of his completions were on these swing passes they used to run (which he was pretty good on but they were still the equivalent of 5 yard passes). He wasn't a great leader or play great in big games or a very good runner or anything. He just had a cannon of an arm and was 6'8" or whatever.

He's actually a very mobile QB. No, not a flat-out runner like TT, but very athletic. And he is 6'8". And he does have a cannon. Which are ... kind of important when you're playing QB in the NFL. And no, he's not Ryan Mallett. He's by all accounts a very good pupil. Look, nobody wanted to give Tyrod much of anything when he hit free agency, so I find it curious that people who believed in him are so ready to dismiss other 4-year understudies like Osweiler.

He's actually a very mobile QB. No, not a flat-out runner like TT, but very athletic. And he is 6'8". And he does have a cannon. Which are ... kind of important when you're playing QB in the NFL. And no, he's not Ryan Mallett. He's by all accounts a very good pupil. Look, nobody wanted to give Tyrod much of anything when he hit free agency, so I find it curious that people who believed in him are so ready to dismiss other 4-year understudies like Osweiler.

He's Ryan Mallet because he is very tall and has a very strong arm. He's more mobile than Mallet but that is about it. He's not all that accurate downfield, he's not a great leader or player or QB. I couldn't believe he was drafted as high as he was but scouts love the size and cannon of course. Again, he was the QB of my favorite team. I saw every game. He wasn't good. Tyrod Taylor was a star and most of his team's fans thought he was fantastic.