Alonso for McCoy

Griff28

Unfortunately the Bills were really hurting at big $ positions like QB, LT, DE, DT and WR during his career in Buffalo.

1st and 2nd round picks starting at safety though.

1st and 2nd round picks at C and G though.

Two 1st round picks at RB and a 2nd round at ILB though.

Every one of those guys are still active NFL players.

Just one still plays for the Bills.

That's the definition of poorly prioritizing the positions you draft.

Or poorly identifying players.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the Bills were really hurting at big $ positions like QB, LT, DE, DT and WR during his career in Buffalo.

1st and 2nd round picks starting at safety though.

1st and 2nd round picks at C and G though.

Two 1st round picks at RB and a 2nd round at ILB though.

Every one of those guys are still active NFL players.

Just one still plays for the Bills.

That's the definition of poorly prioritizing the positions you draft.

Or poorly identifying players.

I think hashtag's point is that the players themselves were pretty good - hence pointing out that all of them are still active NFL players. The Bills also have a few good examples of correctly prioritizing positions, but poorly identifying players: Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams, JP Losman, and Erik Flowers come to mind as 1st-round picks at big ticket positions who didn't make it. All were out of the league very quickly after leaving the Bills. (I'm one of the last 3-4 EJ semi-believers, but even I'll admit that he's probably going to be on this list in a year or two.) If you want to include DT as a big ticket position (debatable), then you could add Torrell Troup and John McCargo in as well. And since hashtag included WR in the list as well, let's also include James Hardy. Great positional priority for all of these, and all (ostensibly) filled a need to boot, they just weren't good enough players.

Even though Whaley was brought in by Nix, he doesn't do business like Nix did at all (very willing to make trades, much more active during the season, not just the good ol' boy big program southern school in the draft, etc.). Plus he brought in his own personnel guys.

That, combined with the new ownership of Daddy Warbucks, and the subsequent hiring of Rex Ryan and Greg Roman, makes me believe "Bills history" has very little impact or affect or relationship whatsoever to this team.

This is a LAMP post: I called this 6 months ago. Not specifically on the Kiko trade, but that Chip Kelly was wrecking the Eagles with his moves. While the media were talking Super Bowl I said the Eagles would be in the mix for the #1 pick.

Wow. How non lampworthy. Eagles with no McCoy or playmakers might struggle ? Amazing.

If you called Seattle, maybe someone would care ?

Not as one sided as Sheppard for Hughes but my God, Kiko is a shadow of what he showed during his rookie year.

When he's healthy, Alonso is undisciplined and over-pursues most plays. And he's never healthy. The guy had two great games out of 16 and, somehow, became bigger than Jesus on this site. I'll never understand it.

This trade was an absolute steal for the Bills from the second it happened.

When he's healthy, Alonso is undisciplined and over-pursues most plays. And he's never healthy. The guy had two great games out of 16 and, somehow, became bigger than Jesus on this site. I'll never understand it.

This trade was an absolute steal for the Bills from the second it happened.

It was the 5 Int's through 5 games. He's been MIA ever since.

I think hashtag's point is that the players themselves were pretty good - hence pointing out that all of them are still active NFL players. The Bills also have a few good examples of correctly prioritizing positions, but poorly identifying players: Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams, JP Losman, and Erik Flowers come to mind as 1st-round picks at big ticket positions who didn't make it. All were out of the league very quickly after leaving the Bills. (I'm one of the last 3-4 EJ semi-believers, but even I'll admit that he's probably going to be on this list in a year or two.) If you want to include DT as a big ticket position (debatable), then you could add Torrell Troup and John McCargo in as well. And since hashtag included WR in the list as well, let's also include James Hardy. Great positional priority for all of these, and all (ostensibly) filled a need to boot, they just weren't good enough players.

In this instance I think that Bado absolutely has a point

If you are going to be a good team you have to draft well with your 1st round picks......we have went through so many years of bad 1st round picks it got to the point where you cringe when someone was drafted.......

They have been better especially when Whaley took over (I know I know that is debatable) lets just pretend for a second that Sammy Watkins is the player that we are seeing making Grimes and Revis look silly......Marcel...yes....Gilmore....yes......Darby....yes....this does not even take into account 2nd round players which have also been hits....Glenn...yes......Woods...yes......Darby....yes....Kiko....yes

but....you can see the transition...you draft better...the team becomes more talented.....the team has a winning record.

I do recall that... hopefully over time you will be proven wrong but right now you nailed it... I just meant with your distaste for high draft pick DBs I thought maybe you would have badmouthed Dre, too. Oh, and Mark Barron. ;)

I liked Barron coming out of college more than I did Dre, but I wouldn't have taken him at #7. It makes no sense. Edited by Bill from NYC

I predicted that the University of Alabama Crimson Tide might be pretty good in 2015.

They would be even better with a good qb. Probably the favorites to be national champions. Why can't they recruit an elite level qb prospect instead of those manage the game type qbs? They get what they want at all the other positions.