Terrorism in Paris

meazza

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Christianity, through the abolitionist movement, helped to end it.

But Gator doesn't know that.

And it was an institution that had a...thousand-year history? More? And that's just the African slave-trade alone?

Reality's usually much more complex than people realize - particularly more so than most Americans realize (Americans' knowledge of slavery, for example, usually begins with Uncle Tom's Cabin and ends at Appomattox.) And even simplicity is more complex than our lizard king realizes - for example, his genius belief that ISIS is the poorest region in the world completely belies the obvious fact that a large portion of their recruits come from the middle class of wealthy countries.

At least he's not an intentional Jew hater like jtsp

Intentional Muslim haters shouldn't throw stones...

And it was an institution that had a...thousand-year history? More? And that's just the African slave-trade alone?

Reality's usually much more complex than people realize - particularly more so than most Americans realize (Americans' knowledge of slavery, for example, usually begins with Uncle Tom's Cabin and ends at Appomattox.) And even simplicity is more complex than our lizard king realizes - for example, his genius belief that ISIS is the poorest region in the world completely belies the obvious fact that a large portion of their recruits come from the middle class of wealthy countries.

Intentional Muslim haters shouldn't throw stones...

Why not?

And Christianity, through the abolitionist movement, helped to end it.

But Gator doesn't know that.

he's a complete moron grasping at straws to blame Christianity and apologize for militant jihadists. Pathetic. He's showing his true colors and bigoted racist views against Christians. Next card in his play book is blame the crusades.

Maybe a good time to evaluate if we're fighting the most productive war against an enemy that is everywhere, and seems to have an endless supply of human beings willing to disregard their lives and those of others in the name of religion. I love dropping bombs in the desert we have put on a credit card for a decade and half and all, but maybe it's time to fight differently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/14/how-muslims-around-the-world-condemned-the-paris-attacks/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-high_wb-muslims-1234pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Don't blame Islam. The poorest, most over crowded and oppressed part of the world is lashing out at the richest part of the world. New day same crap. So goes history.

Lashing out? Are you !@#$ing serious? Teenagers lash out. These people are !@#$ing animals.

Maybe a good time to evaluate if we're fighting the most productive war against an enemy that is everywhere, and seems to have an endless supply of human beings willing to disregard their lives and those of others in the name of religion. I love dropping bombs in the desert we have put on a credit card for a decade and half and all, but maybe it's time to fight differently.

We're not thinking outside the bun.

We should actively recruit all the Jihad Johnnies that we can scrape up. Get them recruited to do the big job on Americans. Only take them by bus, plane, train, caravan into the desert training camps and blow them all to **** right there. Think sting operation on wanted felons here in America. Honey traps for flies. Give 'em bait and round 'em up.

What irresponsible behavior are the politicians in France guilty of?

This kind of thing sadly goes on every day in the middle East and north africa. Why should I feel any more sorry for the people of france than I do for Yemenis civilians slaughter by French weapons sold to Saudis, the quarter million Syrian civilians slaughtered in a civil war that france helped instigate for a political motive against assad, the carnage in lybia due to French taking the lead in ousting Ghadafi. Truth is I feel bad for civilians across the world who end up the innocent victims of wreckless government policy. I just don't know why French should receive greater sympathy than middle easterner or north africans, far more of whom have perished. With specific regard to ISIS in Syria, there was an effective force fighting them ... the Syrian army ... France helped degrade it. they also knew for years muslim youths were leaving france to join anti-assad forces, doesn't take a genius to figure out many would join isis. and they did nothing

Edited by JTSP

This kind of thing sadly goes on every day in the middle East and north africa. Why should I feel any more sorry for the people of france than I do for Yemenis civilians slaughter by French weapons sold to Saudis, the quarter million Syrian civilians slaughtered in a civil war that france helped instigate for a political motive against assad, the carnage in lybia due to French taking the lead in ousting Ghadafi. Truth is I feel bad for civilians across the world who end up the innocent victims of wreckless government policy. I just don't know why French should receive greater sympathy than middle easterner or north africans, far more of whom have perished. With specific regard to ISIS in Syria, there was an effective force fighting them ... the Syrian army ... France helped degrade it

No one is prioritizing one civilian death over the other, that's not the issue. The issue is class which you clearly lack.

There are DOZENS of other threads in which you can talk about the geopolitics of the situation, this isn't one of them. Or at least it isn't while the events are unfolding. To come into this thread as people were still being slaughtered in the theater just to play the "it's their own fault" card is disgusting.

You should be ashamed, but we know you don't feel shame. So instead, you should just go fukk yourself

Bingo. First things first though. Stop indirectly or even in some cases directly creating these groups.

Attacking Iraq was a grave mistake. Some might saying leaving Iraq was, but let's face it, Iraq was far better off with Saddam and so was the rest of the world.

Edited by Justice

When there's a concerted effort by Muslims worldwide to reform their religion and root out extremists, then perhaps I'll be more open minded.

Currently, ISIS is being fought by the entire Arab League, Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan (even the Taliban is fighting against ISIS). About the only Islamic country that isn't fighting ISIS is Indonesia...but that should change relatively soon. As far as non-governmental or international Islamic organizations go, virtually every one has denounced ISIS.

What do they have to do to be more convincing? Convert to Christianity?

This kind of thing sadly goes on every day in the middle East and north africa. Why should I feel any more sorry for the people of france than I do for Yemenis civilians slaughter by French weapons sold to Saudis, the quarter million Syrian civilians slaughtered in a civil war that france helped instigate for a political motive against assad, the carnage in lybia due to French taking the lead in ousting Ghadafi. Truth is I feel bad for civilians across the world who end up the innocent victims of wreckless government policy. I just don't know why French should receive greater sympathy than middle easterner or north africans, far more of whom have perished. With specific regard to ISIS in Syria, there was an effective force fighting them ... the Syrian army ... France helped degrade it. they also knew for years muslim youths were leaving france to join anti-assad forces, doesn't take a genius to figure out many would join isis. and they did nothing

Where were you feeling sorry at all? You basically said they deserved it.

Bingo. First things first though. Stop indirectly or even in some cases directly creating these groups.

Attacking Iraq was a grave mistake. Some might saying leaving Iraq was, but let's face it, Iraq was far better off with Saddam and so was the rest of the world.

The rest of the world, maybe. It is very debatable that Iraq was better off with that thug.

We're not thinking outside the bun.

We should actively recruit all the Jihad Johnnies that we can scrape up. Get them recruited to do the big job on Americans. Only take them by bus, plane, train, caravan into the desert training camps and blow them all to **** right there. Think sting operation on wanted felons here in America. Honey traps for flies. Give 'em bait and round 'em up.

LOL. That's great.

Where were you feeling sorry at all? You basically said they deserved it.

I've made the distinction all along between govt policy and innocent civilians paying the price in blowback. It's not an argument you want to respond to because you have no interest in those policies changing. Edited by JTSP