Terrorism in Paris

meazza

Minnesota Democrat: ISIS is "doing what's best for their community":

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/minn-house-candidate-defends-isis-drops-campaign-article-1.2435671

Good lord............this too...............Our terrorism double standard: After Paris, let’s stop blaming Muslims and take a hard look at ourselves,” by Ben Norton, Salon‎ , November 14, 2015:

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/14/our_terrorism_double_standard_after_paris_lets_stop_blaming_muslims_and_take_a_hard_look_at_ourselves/

The Paris attacks raise real concerns about Obama’s counter-terror policies. By now, every one realizes that ISIS was re-born in the power vacuum made by America’s exit.

Seen from the bloody floor of a Paris concert hall that was hosting an American death-metal band, Obama’s 2011 decision to withdraw virtually all U.S. forces from Iraq and his 2012 decision to renege on his “red line” threat to take action in Syria if chemical weapons were used, looks poorly considered.

If American boots were still on the ground in Iraq, there might well be fewer bodies on the ground in France. Today, the Bush-era slogan–“Fight them over there, not over here”—seems far more sensible.

HOPE &CHANGE: Nine Aftershocks Of The Paris Attacks. (#4 is troubling)

4. If Europe slows or stops Syrian migration, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan will totter, or even tumble, under the weight of refugees.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnesota Democrat: ISIS is "doing what's best for their community":

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/minn-house-candidate-defends-isis-drops-campaign-article-1.2435671

Well...they probably are.

Their community just sucks, is all.

Good lord............this too...............Our terrorism double standard: After Paris, let’s stop blaming Muslims and take a hard look at ourselves,” by Ben Norton, Salon‎ , November 14, 2015:

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/14/our_terrorism_double_standard_after_paris_lets_stop_blaming_muslims_and_take_a_hard_look_at_ourselves/

Why stop there? We should take a hard look at our embargo of Japan in 1940, and whether or not it was better to provide them oil and let them annex French Indochina.

If not for that, we wouldn't have killed a million Vietnamese 25 years later...

People are getting too caught up with assigning motives and justifications for atrocities such as this. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for slaying innocent civilians, ever. It doesn't matter what can be cited from history, either recent or ancient, it can not be justified and it can not be allowed. Those who perpetrate such evil against the innocent need to be eradicated. The cultures, governments, and religions of the world have their differences, and often clash with each other. Sometimes this leads to war. As terrible as war is, it's still not a just cause for murdering the innocent, and should never be tolerated, no matter which religion the innocents embrace, nor in which country they dwell.

ISIS needs to go away, permanently. This is something that the entire rational, civilized world should be able to get behind.

People are getting too caught up with assigning motives and justifications for atrocities such as this. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for slaying innocent civilians, ever. It doesn't matter what can be cited from history, either recent or ancient, it can not be justified and it can not be allowed. Those who perpetrate such evil against the innocent need to be eradicated. The cultures, governments, and religions of the world have their differences, and often clash with each other. Sometimes this leads to war. As terrible as war is, it's still not a just cause for murdering the innocent, and should never be tolerated, no matter which religion the innocents embrace, nor in which country they dwell.

ISIS needs to go away, permanently. This is something that the entire rational, civilized world should be able to get behind.

Thank you.

As many in the U.S. and around the world have called for, there has been a response to Islamic Terrorism with force

French Warplanes Strike Islamic State Militants in Syria ...

UPDATE: Power and water have been cut off in #ISIS stronghold of #Raqqa after massive French bombardment of the city.

CT3POYDWoAA7NfP.png Jake Tapper Burn: I Shudder to Think What ISIS Looks Like Uncontained

Weird how Jordan & France go bomb the **** out of ISIS Terrorists after attacks & Obama arrests a YouTube director.

Nice work, so now that twit hollande makes himself feel better after helping to unleash forces that got his civilians killed, by destroying the limited infrastructure of the people trying to hang on under siege of those same forces he helped unleash. Edited by JTSP

Nice work, so now that trit hollande makes himself feel better after helping to unleash forces that got his civilians killed, by destroying the limited infrastructure of the people trying to hang on under siege of those same forces he helped unleash.

Your right. Why is he attacking them? It would be much better if he sits there, apologizes to the people attacking his country, and then waits patiently for more of his citizens to be brutally slaughtered again in cold blood.

Your right. Why is he attacking them? It would be much better if he sits there, apologizes to the people attacking his country, and then waits patiently for more of his citizens to be brutally slaughtered again in cold blood.

The "them" he's harming are civilians of an already besieged city. He's doing nothing to address the source of western imperialism. Edited by JTSP

So...Hiroshima, yea or nay?

Absolutely a yea. Are you playing devil's advocate? I see a huge difference between civilian loss of life in destroying a city that's of strategic value to an enemy you're trying to vanquish in order to end a war, and killing civilians only because of what their government may or may not be doing elsewhere in the world.

As I'm sure you know better than I, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed because we were trying to end a war, not because we wanted to incinerate and/or vaporize thousands of innocent Japanese people.

To me there is a world of difference between the two, but I'm open to hear any argument to the contrary.

Edited by Azalin

Bush on Paris attacks: 'This is the war of our time' (Jeb)

Gee his brother opened pandora's box in the Middle East by invading Iraq and disbanding the brutal army that kept order in that region. Iraq use to be a counter balance of power to Iran.

Now we have millions of refugees to care for , Libya , and Syria a disaster.

Yeah, I can't help but think of LeMay in times like this. "There are no innocent civilians," war is about killing people, "all war is immoral," quotables ad infinitum.

I'm not saying it's good or right or that we shouldn't bomb them to the stone age, but I imagine ISIS feels like they're in a war. And war sucks.

There really is no easy answer.

We stay, that causes resentment, which brings extremists.

We leave, we create a power vacuum, which brings extremists.

No matter what solution I read, or think of, there's always a very strong counter argument. All I know is, I'm glad I'm not the one to make decisions. Any solution will end in the loss of many civilians, either by our hands, or by extremist hands, or maybe a bit of both. Humanity sucks.

Yeah, I can't help but think of LeMay in times like this. "There are no innocent civilians," war is about killing people, "all war is immoral," quotables ad infinitum.

I'm not saying it's good or right or that we shouldn't bomb them to the stone age, but I imagine ISIS feels like they're in a war. And war sucks.

The problem is, only one side feels and acts like they're in a war.

Absolutely!

They are called Arabic Numerals. But they originated in India

and got to west through contact with middle east

Slavery has existed since time immemorial. It still exists today. Blaming slavery on Christians is ignorant and incorrect. Christianity STOPPED the slave trade to the new world -- again, facts are hard when you're willfully ignorant of history.

And I have plenty of arguments, I just don't waste my time explaining them to someone who is determined not to listen to any other opinions but his own. No matter how uninformed and ignorant they are.

Yes, and Christians presided over its largest and most brutal transfer of humans. So do we blame Christianity? No, and we shouldn't, you are right. SOME christians --the Liberal ones--stood up against it while Conservative Christians said God loved slavery and they fought to the last to defend it.

The whole point is you can not blame the Religion. Its the environment that created these thugs/murderers. Pro-slavery people were born in a pro-slavery environoment. These terrorists came from horrible countries, they never voted, did not have asperations to get somewhere in life and terrorism is their outlet.

If this is ever going to stop, that part of the world is going to need see economic growth and civilizing agents. The child born in Iraq today is going grow up in a pretty bad environment of violence and hate. He might become a terrorists, and not because of Islam

Yes the Middle East was great 600 plus years ago. Youre a brilliant historian. So you (and your pal OBL) are blaming the west for where they are today?

What a damn fool you are.

You are the type of bore that no one can explain anything to. A willfully ignorant dolt