Terrorism in Paris

meazza

There are more examples than can be listed from the past. Fransico Pizzaro handed a bible to the king of the Incas and when he threw it on the ground the Spanish launched an attack that slaughter thousands and enslaved millions. Same Christianity

How obtuse are you comparing events from hundreds of years ago to modern day, civilized society dealing with militant Islam. If that is the best comparison you've got your more desperate to make a point and follow your marching orders than I realized. You are not being objective at all and grasping at straws. Your hatred and prejudice of christianity is calling.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How obtuse are you comparing events from hundreds of years ago to modern day, civilized society dealing with militant Islam. If that is the best comparison you've got your more desperate to make a point and follow your marching orders than I realized. You are not being objective at all and grasping at straws. Your hatred and prejudice of christianity is calling.

Ha! It's the same religion, right? Are you suggesting religions change with time? I think they do. You do recognize Christians did some really bad things, right?

That's funny. You're accusing him of doing some of the same things you do. You know who doesn't do that? Me. That's who. I respect all the faiths.

Ha! It's the same religion, right? Are you suggesting religions change with time? I think they do. You do recognize Christians did some really bad things, right?[/quotecontent://media/external/file/2514]

All religons of the past have committed atrocities. The difference is using the standard of today, modern civilized society to judge actions from hundreds and thousands of years ago. You can't judge them by the same standard as you do in current civilized society.

Was the moor invasion terrible? Yes. How about the Spanish inquisition? Yes. Etc...

Its a dishonest argument to compare events chronologically separated by centuries and a different standard or morality.

I can tell with certainty if Christians now were committing the same violent acts as radical Islam I guarantee they would be called out, disassociated from, excommunicated, etc. No way Christians would tolerate their own killing innocent people in the name of god.

I think his little brain got an "Error" signal and shut down. He only understands GOP talking points, lol

You're a moron. Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

All religons of the past have committed atrocities. The difference is using the standard of today, modern civilized society to judge actions from hundreds and thousands of years ago. You can't judge them by the same standard as you do in current civilized society.

Was the moor invasion terrible? Yes. How about the Spanish inquisition? Yes. Etc...

Its a dishonest argument to compare events chronologically separated by centuries and a different standard or morality.

I can tell with certainty if Christians now were committing the same violent acts as radical Islam I guarantee they would be called out, disassociated from, excommunicated, etc. No way Christians would tolerate their own killing innocent people in the name of god.

Today's soldiers recite prayers before killing innocent people. What world do you live in? They call it collateral damage.

Here too, been going on for years

Don't bother posting stuff like that. Some of these guys are Stevie Wonder when it comes to stuff like that. It's futile.

Whats incredible is that interventions by the west and her "allies" have resulted in more than a half million civilian deaths in the middle East in this millennium alone and we have some trying to claim some of kind of "modern civilized" superiority. I think the only thing we can clearly claim superiority on is weapons. Everything else is debatable.

Whats incredible is that interventions by the west and her "allies" have resulted in more than a half million civilian deaths in the middle East in this millennium alone and we have some trying to claim some of kind of "modern civilized" superiority. I think the only thing we can clearly claim superiority on is weapons. Everything else is debatable.

You really are an ass. Do us all a favor and move to Iran.

Muslim leaders (not the kooks who will no doubt make the headlines...the Reverend Sharptons of the Islamic community) have resoundingly condemned what happened in Paris. And those who haven't probably don't feel the need to comment on it.

Does Pope Francis need to tweet out his outrage every time the Westboro Baptists do something awful? Or the White Extremists who operate as defenders of Christianity?

As someone has said a few times, the key word is "extremist," not Muslim. It just happens that the extremism is easier to manipulate at the moment in a bunch of poor countries where Islam is prevalent. If those countries were mostly Christian, be sure that it would be a Christian movement.

Tomorrow I'll be in an office in Delhi with about 20% Muslims. I don't expect any of them will feel celebratory about the Paris bombings. I don't plan on asking them if they condemn the attacks--of course I assume they condemn the attacks--otherwise I'd be working with monsters.

Edited by Observer

Was the moor invasion terrible? .

It just proves my point that it's not the religion really, it's the social, economic and political situation. They are more religious because they are poor, oppressed and miserable. That part of the world is underdeveloped and it creates unreasonable hatreds and violence. The religion is just the font that reflects it. Blaming Islam is stupid. Hell, even Bush realized that and invaded Iraq to create prosperity to try and stop this sort of thing, but the military is too blunt an instrument for this stuff

You really are an ass. Do us all a favor and move to Iran.

Brilliant analysis stupid. Why don't you move on?

Here too, been going on for years

And what idiots like you don't acknowledge is that Jewish extremists are also considered terrorists by the governments and are prosecuted and jailed. .

Please point me to the global Jewish jihadist movement that's at the spear of violence on each populated continent?

Crazy Right Wing blames Islam for Paris

'Crazed Leftists' Will Try To Blame Paris Attacks On The West

It's morbidly fascinating to watch the reactions of naive souls who so desperately NEED to have no "refugees" involved in Paris Attacks

CTzaVwQWsAAVXA5.jpg

Crazy Right Wing blames Islam for Paris

'Crazed Leftists' Will Try To Blame Paris Attacks On The West

It's morbidly fascinating to watch the reactions of naive souls who so desperately NEED to have no "refugees" involved in Paris Attacks

CTzaVwQWsAAVXA5.jpg

I don't blame it on entirely on the west, but I'm not in denial on our complicity either. What would say if a foreign country degraded the power structure in America and allowed vigilante groups to run wild? Is it purely on the vigilantes?