democrat Debates

B-Man

Another debate coming up Tuesday...............media: let's get on the same page.

COORDINATE: CBS MODERATOR MEETS WITH DEMS BEFORE DEBATE

This Saturday’s second Democratic debate will be a much smaller affair than the first. With only three candidates on stage, CBS News plans to delve deep into the issues with each candidate and have taken advantage of the smaller pool by doing some intense research.

Moderator John Dickerson and his team met with each of three campaigns for over an hour to discuss the major issues at play in the race, sources on the campaigns said, describing the pre-interview as "informational in nature."

Prior to the CNN debate, the campaigns said moderator Anderson Cooper did not reach out directly to them before the candidates took the stage.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2015/11/debate-moderatorsprep-215832#ixzz3rOpcT5LU

Quick Reminder:

CBS Democratic Debate Moderator John Dickerson’s Most Liberal Outbursts

- See more at: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/geoffrey-dickens/2015/11/13/cbs-democratic-debate-moderator-john-dickersons-most-liberal#sthash.jd8pf6N7.dpuf

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intent was to skip the debate tonight because I can't stomach any more questions like "If you were a butterfly, what kind would you be?"

But tonight, foreign policy should dominate the night. Simple minds say "Advantage Hillary."

However, will Bernie now regret not going after Hillary about Benghazi, and giving her a pass on her lies to Congress about her server and emails, or will he finally go after her?

Time to make the popcorn.

My intent was to skip the debate tonight because I can't stomach any more questions like "If you were a butterfly, what kind would you be?"

But tonight, foreign policy should dominate the night. Simple minds say "Advantage Hillary."

However, will Bernie now regret not going after Hillary about Benghazi, and giving her a pass on her lies to Congress about her server and emails, or will he finally go after her?

Time to make the popcorn.

Not to mention that all CBS's preparation and coordination with the candidates just went out the window.

I doubt anyone's going after anybody, though. The story line will probably be "this is a time for unity, not debate," and everyone will be in lock-step on the issues, just like every other Democratic debate.

Not to mention that all CBS's preparation and coordination with the candidates just went out the window.

I doubt anyone's going after anybody, though. The story line will probably be "this is a time for unity, not debate," and everyone will be in lock-step on the issues, just like every other Democratic debate.

They still have to ask/answer: If you were president today, what would you do to ensure America is safe from a similar attack?

Most Americans don't want to hear about "this is a time for unity."

If Bernie doesn't go after Hillary tonight, he's done.

They still have to ask/answer: If you were president today, what would you do to ensure America is safe from a similar attack?

Most Americans don't want to hear about "this is a time for unity."

If Bernie doesn't go after Hillary tonight, he's done.

Most Americans may not. But the Democratic base who'd be watching this...?

(Keeping in mind that their idea of "unity" is to blame Bush.)

Don't worry, CBS and the campaigns have enough time to re-write their script

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/14/us/politics/democratic-debate-to-get-new-terrorism-focus-after-paris-attacks-cbs-says.html

(Keeping in mind that their idea of "unity" is to blame Bush.)

And yes, I do anticipate several references to Bush and the Iraq War.

Obama's foreign policy and Hillary's time at State, meh. Might get lip service

Tuesday :doh:

Oh well.....................

Democratic Party Presidential Debate on CBS 9 p.m. EST 11/14/2015

PutinLaughingLonger.gif

Question we most NEED to hear tonight.

Debate%2BQuestion%2B1.jpg

Edited by B-Man

A presidential debate scheduled at 9pm on a Saturday for minimum viewership

I think @DWStweets and their network buddies weren't surprised it was a debacle. The odd day and time was by design.

Attacked for taking Wall Street money, Hillary brings up gender and 9/11 http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/11/14/hillary_clinton_cites_9_11_women_in_defending_wall_street_donations.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_top via @slate

Of Course she does.

Hard to overstate how little sense Clinton's "I take contributions from Wall Street because they got hit on 9/11" argument makes.

Candidates Perform Contortions to Avoid Saying ‘Radical Islam’ at #DemDebate

The best part ???

CBS ends Democratic debate with seven minutes to spare

AP FACT CHECK: Clinton on guns; Sanders on wage inequality
AP

Clinton delivers bizarre performance in CBS Dem debate

Best Lines of the Democratic Debate
Slate

WASHINGTON POST: A defensive Hillary Clinton lost last night’s debate.

“For the first 30 minutes of the two-hour debate, the former Secretary of State was on the defensive about everything from the Obama administration being caught off guard by the rise of the Islamic State to her 13-year-old vote for the Iraq war.”

Plus: “To be sure, Sanders did not look like a commander-in-chief. And his insistence that climate change is still our biggest national security threat made him look out of his depth and unserious in the face of global terrorism.”

And: “The Des Moines debate will ultimately be remembered for just one moment: Clinton playing both the gender card and invoking the Sept. 11 attacks to defend her coziness with and campaign cash from Wall Street.”

Edited by B-Man

The Reviews Are In for Hillary’s 9/11 Defense on Wall Street Donations
by Jim Gerharty
Here’s the good news: Saturday night’s Democratic presidential debate, held just 24 hours after the awful terrorist attack in Paris, did include a major discussion of the consequences of 9/11 for America’s lawmakers. The bad news is, that discussion was mostly Hillary Clinton citing the 9/11 attacks as a reason for why she’s raised so much money from donors who work on Wall Street.

Unsurprisingly, Hillary’s rival Martin O’Malley said her excuse-making and reference to 9/11 was “shameful”…
… and the “Morning Joe” crowd called the comment Hillary Clinton “at her very worst”; Mark Halperin predicted she will apologize for the comment in the near future.

The Reviews Are In for Hillary’s 9/11 Defense on Wall Street Donations
by Jim Gerharty
Here’s the good news: Saturday night’s Democratic presidential debate, held just 24 hours after the awful terrorist attack in Paris, did include a major discussion of the consequences of 9/11 for America’s lawmakers. The bad news is, that discussion was mostly Hillary Clinton citing the 9/11 attacks as a reason for why she’s raised so much money from donors who work on Wall Street.

Unsurprisingly, Hillary’s rival Martin O’Malley said her excuse-making and reference to 9/11 was “shameful”…

… and the “Morning Joe” crowd called the comment Hillary Clinton “at her very worst”; Mark Halperin predicted she will apologize for the comment in the near future.

Did you sit and watch the debates Bob?

Did you sit and watch the debates Bob?

I watched most of it. You have to admit, the Hillary speak about 9/11 and her donors was a poor moment for her. I will give her credit often times for being quick on her feet and showing the ability speak in "spin" pretty readily when answering a question, but this particular answer was one where her brain was not able to find a pre-made file for the question. Her mouth simply leaked a bunched of words sortof related to the topic which left her in a very awkward spot. Apparently she hadn't expected or rehearsed that question.

I look forward to the Presidential debates next year assuming she shows up.