[closed]The criticism of Tyrod Taylor

NextYearGuys

I swear every week people on this forum find some way to hate on Tyrod. Whether it be that he's inaccurate (best completion ratio in the NFL as of last week), he makes mistakes (who doesn't besides like Brady), can't win us a Super Bowl (false, he definitely is good enough to do so in my opinion), he's injury prone (he played through it and wanted to come back but the trainers wouldn't let him), or just think he's flat out bad which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I really don't understand what you guys want from him, we are 5-2 with him and 0-2 without him. We aren't a pass first team, but he still makes plays in the air consistently. He is far and away the best quarterback we've had since Kelly and I love having him. I want him to be our guy for years to come. He is a playmaker and a leader. Support our qb when he's playing well. Great win yesterday and Go Bills.

Undeniably, we have Agents of Agenda here. The unrealistic expectation that we find a Tom Brady buried on another teams' bench and crucifying him if -in their opinion- he falls somewhere short, is simple witless. The Salary Cap alone says we can't have Aaron Rodgers AND the players on this team. Undaunted by this, they're possessed to rale at the king.

Realize this, laugh, and go onto the next post.

I haven't seen a lot of hate towards Tyrod (if any).

I have seen people being realistic about this strengths and weaknesses (every QB has both). I have also seen people exaggerating about Tyrod's play and overstating it. People have different opinions. That is the reason boards like this exist, so people of opposing views can debate them. If you are overly sensitive about any sort of honest critiquing of Tyrod's play (or that of any other players), maybe a message board is not the place for you.

I'm not "all in" yet on TT as our QB of the future but he is our guy for now without any shadow of a doubt and is playing better than I think most expectations. I still want us to pick a QB in the draft but how high I would pick one depends on how Tyrod progresses and regardless where I take one I aim to sit him and have Tyrod start next year.

Hate? Please do not put words into other peoples mouths / make false accusations.

Any criticism is warranted as no one is perfect.

How many times do you hear Tom Brady say he needs to improve on this or that each week?

They can say whatever they want as long as he keeps putting W's in the W/L Column

True statement

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Who's criticizing Tyrod? The only thing I've seen people say is that he needs to go through his progressions better, which is fair. But that's to be expected from a new QB. That and the fact that we've been burned before gives fans pause. But you really can't complain about how he's played so far, at least not objectively.

It's not hate of TT so much as love of losing. Even when we win they spin into reason why we really lost. Finding a QB and making the playoffs would wipe out two of the biggest Bills memes, and they don't like that.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

One poster has been conspicuously absent since the Miami game after leading the "Tyrod is terrible" campaign for weeks. After the Jacksonville game, he was in the shoutbox telling a Browns fan that he hasn't given up on EJ entirely but that the verdict is in and Tyrod Taylor is a terrible QB. Those were his exact words. There aren't that many of them left but they're out there.

One poster has been conspicuously absent since the Miami game after leading the "Tyrod is terrible" campaign for weeks. After the Jacksonville game, he was in the shoutbox telling a Browns fan that he hasn't given up on EJ entirely but that the verdict is in and Tyrod Taylor is a terrible QB. Those were his exact words. There aren't that many of them left but they're out there.

Who was that?

It's not hate of TT so much as love of losing. Even when we win they spin into reason why we really lost. Finding a QB and making the playoffs would wipe out two of the biggest Bills memes, and they don't like that.

Somehow I doubt that.

One loss to a lousy team and I see some of the supporters turn coat.

I swear every week people on this forum find some way to hate on Tyrod. Whether it be that he's inaccurate (best completion ratio in the NFL as of last week), he makes mistakes (who doesn't besides like Brady), can't win us a Super Bowl (false, he definitely is good enough to do so in my opinion), he's injury prone (he played through it and wanted to come back but the trainers wouldn't let him), or just think he's flat out bad which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I really don't understand what you guys want from him, we are 5-2 with him and 0-2 without him. We aren't a pass first team, but he still makes plays in the air consistently. He is far and away the best quarterback we've had since Kelly and I love having him. I want him to be our guy for years to come. He is a playmaker and a leader. Support our qb when he's playing well. Great win yesterday and Go Bills.

Bledsoe in '02 was better and he is probably comparable to Flutie in '98-99 but yes, I am very encouraged by his start.

I think the OP would fit in well at Mizzou.

You got me on this one. EDIT: are you saying he is being defensive about something when there's nothing there? You yourself have been extremely critical of Taylor.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I haven't seen a lot of hate towards Tyrod (if any).

I have seen people being realistic about this strengths and weaknesses (every QB has both). I have also seen people exaggerating about Tyrod's play and overstating it. People have different opinions. That is the reason boards like this exist, so people of opposing views can debate them. If you are overly sensitive about any sort of honest critiquing of Tyrod's play (or that of any other players), maybe a message board is not the place for you.

agree....