31 of McCoy's 119...

Thurmal34

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the same thing over and over again. After a bad performane or two people are ready to ride players out of town and after a good performace or two they treat it as total validation of said player.

Its a 16 game season, why use the jump to conclusion mat when you can just let it play out before making grand statements? A two game stretch doesnt make it a great trade and doesnt mean Shady wont hit the wall in the next season or two.

And for the record I liked the Shady trade as I felt the D would get along fine without an LB with two knee surgeries and Shady is a talent. But my desire to be right doesnt make me force conclsions on a situation when its far too early.

Yes McCoy has been great the past two weeks.

But so has the guard play - Richie has been playing well all season (he is a Pro Bowl-level player right now), but Miller has stepped it up as well in the running game. For that matter, Wood has been very good lately as well.

I think we're seeing what happens when you have a healthy McCoy (the Real McCoy?) and solid interior line play - and it's evidence of a solid plan by Whaley, Rex, Roman and Kromer finally coming together. Gotta give the entire organization props for that. And adding Karlos to the mix - wow. (If the draft was held today, Darby would be a top-10 pick and Karlos might sneak into the back of the first round; he'd be rated above Melvin Gordon for sure.)

ALLLL of that said, I can't help thinking that Fred Jackson would've picked up the first down on that critical end-of-game 3rd and 2... he would've just found a way.

He's electric, that's for sure. He looks like he could break it any time. That doesn't really matter but it's fun to watch. And he's deadly. I'm pretty surprised people are surprised by it. He's one of the top three RB in the league and has been for five years.

I have to admit that I don't follow the NFC to speak of. And, I had Zero feel for him when they traded for him. So, after a couple of good performances after a slow start as a Bill, I now see he is a premium talent. How much he has left in the tank remains to be seen, but looking forward to him being what he has been for the last couple of games.

But so has the guard play - Richie has been playing well all season (he is a Pro Bowl-level player right now), but Miller has stepped it up as well in the running game. For that matter, Wood has been very good lately as well.

I think we're seeing what happens when you have a healthy McCoy (the Real McCoy?) and solid interior line play - and it's evidence of a solid plan by Whaley, Rex, Roman and Kromer finally coming together. Gotta give the entire organization props for that. And adding Karlos to the mix - wow. (If the draft was held today, Darby would be a top-10 pick and Karlos might sneak into the back of the first round; he'd be rated above Melvin Gordon for sure.)

ALLLL of that said, I can't help thinking that Fred Jackson would've picked up the first down on that critical end-of-game 3rd and 2... he would've just found a way.

I know all the Freddy-was-overrated-and-over-the-hill-anyway guys will disagree, but I thought the same thing.

Which is not to say I'm unhappy with Shady. Not at all. Shady looks great when healthy.

Our O Line, on the other hand, doesn't look great. Besides Richie, we're not winning a lot of one-on-one battles. But Roman's play design combined with Shady's speed and shiftiness seems to work.

For you guys who are local, treat him around town like he is king. I bet he will be like Kelly where he didn't want to come to Buffalo, but will eventually love it. Once any player who loves football spends time here, will know why it is such a special place. I miss at times not living in Buffalo.

Now with another mini-bye before the MNF, we're getting our guys fresh for the stretch run with some winnable games.

Thank you Shady.

I know all the Freddy-was-overrated-and-over-the-hill-anyway guys will disagree, but I thought the same thing.

Which is not to say I'm unhappy with Shady. Not at all. Shady looks great when healthy.

Our O Line, on the other hand, doesn't look great. Besides Richie, we're not winning a lot of one-on-one battles. But Roman's play design combined with Shady's speed and shiftiness seems to work.

They are inconsistent pass blocking but they are taking out the trash in the run game.

The Jets are the best run defense in the league, so McCoy had to make a few more individual plays in the Jets game but the pulling guards have been opening up big holes for Karlos and Shady much of the year.

Fred is a beast in short yardage.

Until they have a third back emerge they haven't replaced Fred.

Karlos is one tap on the head from IR and we'd be lying if we all didn't say we worry about Shady popping a string again or having that shoulder sideline him.

They need a third RB more than some teams that have a couple healthy young backs.

Fred is a beast in short yardage.

Until they have a third back emerge they haven't replaced Fred.

Karlos is one tap on the head from IR and we'd be lying if we all didn't say we worry about Shady popping a string again or having that shoulder sideline him.

They need a third RB more than some teams that have a couple healthy young backs.

Fred is playing on borrowed time. While it would have been nice to keep him, his presence wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of a single game.

Fred is playing on borrowed time. While it would have been nice to keep him, his presence wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of a single game.

I don't vehemently disagree but I think there is certainly room for debate on that.

He could have possibly made an important impact in the Giants game.

As we later found out, Karlos wasn't right that day.

Fred is smooth and dangerous in the screen game and that element was missing that day.

The Patriots loss was also close.

The Bengals......I think that was more about not having Tyrod on a day when you had to have Tyrod to hang with a good team while your defense was really playing poorly.

Titans game was a little too close for comfort with no running game with Karlos and Shady out.

That Giants/Titans stretch Fred would have played A LOT.

I don't vehemently disagree but I think there is certainly room for debate on that.

He could have possibly made an important impact in the Giants game.

As we later found out, Karlos wasn't right that day.

Fred is smooth and dangerous in the screen game and that element was missing that day.

The Patriots loss was also close.

The Bengals......I think that was more about not having Tyrod on a day when you had to have Tyrod to hang with a good team while your defense was really playing poorly.

Titans game was a little too close for comfort with no running game with Karlos and Shady out.

That Giants/Titans stretch Fred would have played A LOT.

Fair enough, but you don't want Fred playing a lot. At this stage in his career, you want him doing what he's doing in Seattle, i.e. having a little over ONE carry and a couple receptions a game.

This wasn't the final drive, but it was 3rd and 2 and utterly filthy:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/664998140282470400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I was listening, and missed that. All green jerseys. he beat like five jets single handedly.

Yep. I'm a fan !!!!!!! and i will not soon forget that blitz pick and block by him. i was oohing and aahing over that one.

He is for real.

coming from a doubting Thomas, too!

They are inconsistent pass blocking but they are taking out the trash in the run game.

Yeah, the Bills have a back averaging 4.7ypc and another averaging over 6ypc and the OL isn't getting much attention at all. They're doing a hell of a job for the most part.

Yeah, the Bills have a back averaging 4.7ypc and another averaging over 6ypc and the OL isn't getting much attention at all. They're doing a hell of a job for the most part.

There is really no way of knowing but I wonder how much the return of Aaron Kromer has helped during the week and during games. It's very possible that had a significant positive influence. There is no question to me that McCoy hasn't played one game at 100%. But the last two games, at about 90, showed how good he really is. By NE I think he will be at 100%, as will Karlos and hopefully Watkins.