My pregame thoughts about the Jets

dayman

Rex will try to make this all about him once again with exotic blitz schemes, flea flickers galore on offense and trick special team stuff. Watch for many reverses as well. All about Rex all the time.....

hearing from unnamed sources Tyrod will attempt a drop kick field goal if it's close in the 4th.

Turnovers win this game

with the Bills on the upside!

Rex has got the boys ready for a brawl.

see sig

Rex will try to make this all about him once again with exotic blitz schemes, flea flickers galore on offense and trick special team stuff. Watch for many reverses as well. All about Rex all the time.....

Rex runs the Offense too?

If the Bills lose, it will be because Chris Ivory and Brandon Marshall had good games.

I don't wish injury on anybody but it would not upset me if Mangold tries to give his neck a go tonight and quickly finds out it's just not ready this week. Ivory has struggled mightily without Mangold in the lineup. They were supposed to get him back last week but he pulled himself out of the game early because his neck wasn't ready. Mangold is the guy who makes the Jets' line go.

i think the addition of an experienced DB like McKelvin at FS will continue to help us against the Jets. I want mad Fitzpicks tomorrow!

In the second half, once McKelvin knocked the rust off, he played really well in the nickel position. I like Robey, but tonight with big WR in Decker, and Marshall, they would be better off with a fresh McKelvin, Darby, and Gilmore. Graham will be fine as one of the safeties, and Duke Williams will be out there for his size to bang into Ivory.

This is going to be a big show of what Tyrod really is. A top running defense. Some guys i would expect can keep him from breaking the long one. I expect him to have to be a QB today. We will see how well he goes through his reads. And also will see if he has chemistry with the other receivers namely Charles Clay. He should be able to have a big day today.

I think this is also a great test for Darby. 2 wrs, one 6'3 the other 6'5. Major knock on him was that he couldn't defend big receivers. These 2 are as polished as they come.

Gilmore... my favorite... i think he needs to come out agressive. Within the confines of legality and shut down the complete side of the field. Prove me wrong youngster.

We are going to need for Rex to figure out how that front 7 to play the same scheme as they played last year. He may need to abandon the one high and island guys and figure something elae out.

I don't wish injury on anybody but it would not upset me if Mangold tries to give his neck a go tonight and quickly finds out it's just not ready this week. Ivory has struggled mightily without Mangold in the lineup. They were supposed to get him back last week but he pulled himself out of the game early because his neck wasn't ready. Mangold is the guy who makes the Jets' line go.

This will be a big deal. Also since Willie Colon was placed on IR this week. They will already be piece-mailing together a secondary; adding the o-line to that will have the entire team scrambling, unorganized, and confused. Might be a good time to try and let the Jets beat themselves instead of the other way around.

Oh great, more personal fouls. Fifteen yards and a first down when we had them stopped. Thanks Rex....

If Rex is really the player's coach we think he is, I believe they won't pull their normal crap in this game knowing what it means to him.

Huge game. We must have this one, and if we don't play desperate and with urgency that's on Rex. More than anything else, I expect us to show up amped. If we get a few penalties, so be it. I can live with it.

Top Stories for me

1. Sammy v. Revis. Most expect Revis to shadow Sammy. Sammy is coming off his best game as a pro, and Tyrod is really locked in with right now. Revis is great, but has been burned a bit this year (including Allen Robinson). Time for Sammy to string a few games together and establish himself as a reason we win consistently. Primetime v. Revis would be a statement.

2. Bill's Oline run blocking against the Jets front 7. This one is pretty self-explanatory. When we give our backs a little something to work with, we win the game. The Jets secondary has been a bit weak, but their front 7 has been tough against the run. Bills have a hard time winning without winning here, but could win big if they play nasty on the Oline.

3. The Bills pass rush. Nick Mangold may or may not play (and play well). Lets see something from Dareus Thursday night. I also think Mario is due for a big game. Hughes should keep it up. I'm optimistic that we will eventually get this thing running again but we need it to happen tomorrow night to keep the dream alive.

4. The Bills cornerbacks. Jets have weapons outside. We have corners we like. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Bills Players to watch

1. Mario Williams. I think Mario is due and I think it happens tomorrow night. I think he'll be after Fitz all night.

2. Robert Woods. The Jets secondary is weak and Revis will likely shadow Sammy. If this guy is going to show up, he should do so tomorrow. I think he'll have opportunity and I expect him to step up tomorrow night.

3. Karlos Williams. I smell a huge game for him.

Prediction

​​Bills play with energy and have big success on a few early drives with some prescripted stuff against the Jets defense. ​The game balances out but over time the Bills pass rush gets going and Mario has a big game. Woods gradually and quietly puts together good game moving the chains. Karlos runs wild in the second half. Sammy is unable to expose Revis and eventually the Jets hit a few big plays in the passing game. In the end, we get a huge win and for the first time all season walk away feeling like it was because of defense.

Bills - 28

Jets - 17

​​