The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Kat Timpf article:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/most-absurd-politically-correct-moments-last-decade/

3. A professor was accused of sexual harassment for saying that effort is 10 percent of the grade. 

A Brooklyn College of City University of New York professor says he was forced to change his syllabus after he was accused of “sexual harrassment” for stating that effort was 10 percent of the grade.

4. A campus survey included a trigger warning to caution college students that it may contain “anatomical names of body parts.”

The survey was distributed at several major universities — because, apparently, college students just might not be able to handle the kinds of words that most kids hear in their middle-school biology classes.

5. University researchers demanded that we accept people who “identify as real vampires.”

Apparently, it’s the least we can do to prevent anti-vampire discrimination.

6. A Seattle-area councilman was concerned about the city hosing poop off of its sidewalks because he thought that it might seem too racially insensitive.

The area in question reportedly stank like “urine and excrement” — but one councilman was worried that hosing it down could be a microaggression.

9. A professor claimed that the small chairs in preschools are sexist, “disempowering,” and “problematic.” 

If you go down the rabbit-hole for this one, you'll find it's much, much stupider than this.  

29 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

9. A professor claimed that the small chairs in preschools are sexist, “disempowering,” and “problematic.” 

If you go down the rabbit-hole for this one, you'll find it's much, much stupider than this.  

The whole thing was stupid. I only opened because of Kat T:wub:impf.

MORE:

OMG! THE KIDS MIGHT BE EXPOSED TO UNAUTHORIZED IDEAS!

I’m always stunned by the call for censorship (sometimes a dogwhistle) from left-leaning media outlets. 

It’s almost as if they secretly fear their ideas will not stand up to scrutiny…

NYT-430x600.png

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MORE:

OMG! THE KIDS MIGHT BE EXPOSED TO UNAUTHORIZED IDEAS!

I’m always stunned by the call for censorship (sometimes a dogwhistle) from left-leaning media outlets. 

It’s almost as if they secretly fear their ideas will not stand up to scrutiny…

NYT-430x600.png

Funny how criticism of Soros is always attacked as hidden anti-semitism, yet criticism of an Orthodox guy who openly uses Old Testament lessons in this sessions, is not hidden anti-semitism.

• Like (+1) 1

The United Methodist Church Split – Just Another Example of the Lies White Liberals Tell Themselves About Diversity

Kira Davis

The United Methodist Church has come to a tentative agreement to split over the issue of gay marriage. The Hill reports that an agreement was reached in mediation just as the Methodist bureaucracy was about to impose sanctions for any ministers who violate the Church’s official position on the sanctity of marriage.

Friday’s announcement comes as sanctions were about to be put into place that would have severely punished Methodist ministers for presiding over same-sex marriages, with a yearlong ban without pay for the first marriage and then removal from the clergy for any subsequent marriage.

The agreement, which was facilitated by mediation expert Kenneth Feinberg, reportedly gives $25 million to the “traditional” denomination that will be formed. That group will include churches in the U.S. as well as most of the churches in Africa, the Post reported.

In return, the new denomination will drop all claims to any assets of the United Methodist Church, but they will reportedly be able to bring certain assets with them.

The agreement also earmarked $39 million “to ensure there is no disruption in supporting ministries for communities historically marginalized by racism.”

The issue of same-sex marriage has been driving a wedge between traditional UMC congregations and the rise of left-wing progressive UMC congregations across North America.

But that’s really just the tip of the iceberg here. The larger issue at hand is much, much more serious. It is about race, colonialism, and the lies liberals tell themselves about tolerance and diversity.

You see, this isn’t a split between the tolerant church and the homophobic church. This is a split between the white American UMC and the African UMC. Colonialism established the UMC in Africa. Colonialism made it one of the most powerful faith institutions on the continent. As long as the African church was staying in line with their white American overseers, everything was fine.

Everyone loves “multiculturalism” until it rears its ugly head and shows you a face you weren’t prepared to deal with. White liberal UMC congregations love black worshippers…until those worshippers no longer toe the liberal line. Which is pretty much always.

The African continent is still steeped in what we call “traditionalism”. Throughout their diverse array of nations one can still find traditional views on everything from marriage to parenting to schooling. Some cultures on the African continent still cling to distorted views of women and freedom, but those are views that were perverse from the beginning. The African “church” (Christian church in general) has actually been the beacon that has pulled many nations into modern times. The message of solidarity in Christ and being adopted into the same Holy Kingdom is persuasive. It changes entire cultures.

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

As to the bible verse, it was quoting the mother of his gay friend backing up her son's lifestyle

Should have included the word "catamite."  Smh

HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: 

Dartmouth refused to let an accused professor defend himself publicly. He committed suicide. 

“Three of his accusers showed up to his memorial reception, according to several people there. They aren’t named, but six of the seven women who filed the initial suit identified themselves: Kristina Rapuano, Vassiki Chauhan, Sasha Brietzke, Annemarie Brown, Andrea Courtney and Marissa Evans.

Dartmouth’s notice of Bucci’s passing does not mention his suicide or the college’s role in it.”

On 1/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, LeviF91 said:

Should have included the word "catamite."  Smh

the only time i've seen that word used is in essays on Somerset Maugham....  :D

maybe something translated from Juvenal.

reminds me of the time i looked in the rest of the Latin textbook and came across some passages that we certainly were not going to translate in class, when asked the teacher laughed and said oh yuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

54 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the only time i've seen that word used is in essays on Somerset Maugham....  :D

maybe something translated from Juvenal.

reminds me of the time i looked in the rest of the Latin textbook and came across some passages that we certainly were not going to translate in class, when asked the teacher laughed and said oh yuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

"Catamite" is the Greek translation of "Tiberius". 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:50 PM, B-Man said:

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh!t-kickers and Methodists!

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh!t-kickers and Methodists!

Could you repeat that?