The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

yeah... this is going to end well.

Portland Could Start Forcing Apartment Owners To 'Make Room' For Homeless Campers 'Whether They Like It Or Not'

New guidelines from Portland, Oregon's Planning and Sustainability Commission have sparked a major controversy in the city.

Under a proposal introduced to the PSC on Nov. 12, the building design process would require owners to "provide opportunities" to the homeless population "to rest and be welcome." Many are interpreting the vague language—specifically the "rest and be welcome" requirements—as potentially forcing owners of new commercial and residential real estate to build "spaces" for homeless men and women to camp out on private property, even in apartment buildings.

The idea was originally supported by members of the commission, but received strong pushback upon further discussion from a minority bloc who could still sink the proposal before it reaches the city council for approval.

'Whether they like it or not'

"It is a plan that could require new Portland buildings to make room for homeless campers on private property whether they want to or not, KATU-TV news anchor Lincoln Graves said in describing the proposal ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

GET WOKE, GO BROKE:  

NBA Ratings Are Down This Year And The Association Can’t Figure Out Why. Here’s A Theory.

“Nowhere in its article does Variety mention another possibility; that people are sick of getting a dose of politics with their sports and may have been turned off this season by the NBA’s kowtowing to China.”

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah...I'm a nerd, a geek, a brainiac, and an egghead...and the only repercussions I've suffered from that are 1) multiple college degrees and 2) the people who called me those names I now hire to wash my car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah...I'm a nerd, a geek, a brainiac, and an egghead...and the only repercussions I've suffered from that are 1) multiple college degrees and 2) the people who called me those names I now hire to wash my car.

Oh crap Mr. Tom...I forgot to ask----did you want the Lemoncello Myst or Oprah's Acaiberry Muffin after-detail air freshener? 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

***** that dork.

Dr of Dorkology 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh crap Mr. Tom...I forgot to ask----did you want the Lemoncello Myst or Oprah's Acaiberry Muffin after-detail air freshener? 

Dr of Dorkology 

Get this straight, he drives a Prius and wants no air freshener that might make his man bun go limp. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Get this straight, he drives a Prius and wants no air freshener that might make his man bun go limp. 

It's a Prius Sportand I pride myself on being thorough. And let's not forget Tom has that whole Russell Crowe "Beautiful Mind" thing going, it takes me 45 minutes just to get the crayon off the windows.