The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They’re confused at least but most likely have a mental disorder. I worked for a company and the Corporate Chef had a sex change. After a few years he was lamenting the decision and wanted to switch back. 

Missed shopping with the girls, eh?

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I finally have a reason to watch the Olympics. This is going to be AWESOME! I can't wait to see LeBron in a skirt to help the women take the gold!

Do you believe in miracles? YES!

It is gonna be the high school trans on er, steroids.  :wacko:

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You called it:

Maybe female athletes can begin to identify as having down syndrome, because that makes about as much sense as this nonsense. At least then they would have the Special Olympics to look forward to.

3 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Maybe female athletes can begin to identify as having down syndrome, because that makes about as much sense as this nonsense. At least then they would have the Special Olympics to look forward to.

Maybe it’s time to vote Johnny Knoxville into Predictive Moviemakers Hall of Fame. We’ll need to relocate the Mike Judge Idiocracy exhibit.

292C69E1-FBE8-466F-A375-E18BA048EA3F.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No he switched back to a dude. I think he missed getting his d*** sucked. Why I said he. He was born a he and will always be a he. 

So, he really didn't like shopping, liver or chic flicks then? Did he give up Helen Reddy songs too?

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, he really didn't like shopping, liver or chic flicks then? Did he give up Helen Reddy songs too?

Well all I know is you can chop off a guy’s dick but he’s still a guy. He/she/it was doing a training in front of a large group of us and a guy walked by. He checked him out.  Stared at him the whole time while he was talking to us. That’s a man baby!! 

"A student organization at the University of South Dakota has been told that holding a “Hawaiian Day” party violates the school’s policy on inclusiveness. So, the Student Bar Association has renamed its winter social event “Beach Day.” And even though the group is encouraging members to wear floral shirts, it won’t be distributing lei at the party. Law school administrators advised the students not to distribute lei because using items of cultural significance might be viewed as inappropriate, according to the Argus Leader newspaper in Sioux Falls. The administration advised the association to change the Hawaiian theme of the event based on a complaint by a student who expressed concern about the use of indigenous cultural symbols..."

Fie on the ignorant law school administrators! Giving a flower lei is not inappropriate cultural appropriation! Everyone in Hawaii gives leis to celebrate significant events: at school graduations, at weddings, when a friend or relative arrives in the islands or leaves on a trip, when someone in the office is promoted or retires, when a baby is born, on birthdays, on anniversaries, on Saturday if only because it's Saturday and you're lucky to be living in Paradise. Hawaiians give them, haoles (Caucasians) give them, visitors are encouraged to give them, Japanese give them, Portuguese give them, Filipinos give them, Samoans give them, Tahitians give them, we ALL give them.

A lei is a token of friendship and love. It's a traditional way of giving and receiving Aloha. 

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"A student organization at the University of South Dakota has been told that holding a “Hawaiian Day” party violates the school’s policy on inclusiveness. So, the Student Bar Association has renamed its winter social event “Beach Day.” And even though the group is encouraging members to wear floral shirts, it won’t be distributing lei at the party. Law school administrators advised the students not to distribute lei because using items of cultural significance might be viewed as inappropriate, according to the Argus Leader newspaper in Sioux Falls. The administration advised the association to change the Hawaiian theme of the event based on a complaint by a student who expressed concern about the use of indigenous cultural symbols..."

Fie on the ignorant law school administrators! Giving a flower lei is not inappropriate cultural appropriation! Everyone in Hawaii gives leis to celebrate significant events: at school graduations, at weddings, when a friend or relative arrives in the islands or leaves on a trip, when someone in the office is promoted or retires, when a baby is born, on birthdays, on anniversaries, on Saturday if only because it's Saturday and you're lucky to be living in Paradise. Hawaiians give them, haoles (Caucasians) give them, visitors are encouraged to give them, Japanese give them, Portuguese give them, Filipinos give them, Samoans give them, Tahitians give them, we ALL give them.

A lei is a token of friendship and love. It's a traditional way of giving and receiving Aloha. 

You telling us that there won't be any leing at a college party? On another note, several years ago I went to a work Hawaiian party dressed in a black suit as the mean missionary. That's my position and I'm sticking to it.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That just reminded me...it's Mardi Gras.  

Can we get the loony left started on how throwing beads to topless women is racist because it mocks Native American trade practices?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That just reminded me...it's Mardi Gras.  

Can we get the loony left started on how throwing beads to topless women is racist because it mocks Native American trade practices?

I understand Liz Warren is headed for NO to get her share of beads. Enjoy.

YEAH, THOSE NAZIS WERE ALL ABOUT DIVERSITY: ?

I called for diversity of thought. My peers compared me to a neo-Nazi.

As I took part in a recent student leadership board meeting for the Department of Political Science at Boston University, a group that works to advise faculty on ways to improve, I offered some advice: the department could use more intellectual diversity.

I suggested more debates in the classroom, as opposed to what I had witnessed in my three years at the school, that being an assumption during class that everyone agrees.

I broached my idea after I had sat and respectfully listened to the ideas of others for an hour, but my peers, and a professor and an administrator in the room, were not about to return the favor.