The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

14 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Men don't know how to dress anymore.

A well tailored shirt, a good pair of shoes.

The wrist watch, the Cross pen, cufflinks (when appropriate), tie clip, lapel pin; each tastefully worn, not overdoing it by loading up, add a layer of class.

A proper tailored or fitting dress shirt is essential. Tucker Carlson is an example of what not to wear. He's better than he was but still pretty shabby. Pet peeve---button down collars with suits or God forbid, double breasted jackets. For me, button down collars are to be worn with sport jackets.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Men don't know how to dress anymore.

A well tailored shirt, a good pair of shoes.

The wrist watch, the Cross pen, cufflinks (when appropriate), tie clip, lapel pin; each tastefully worn, not overdoing it by loading up, add a layer of class.

I wear a suit everyday for work. A co-worker gave me Buffalo Bills cufflinks. I have not worn them and likely never will. LOL 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

A proper tailored or fitting dress shirt is essential. Tucker Carlson is an example of what not to wear. He's better than he was but still pretty shabby. Pet peeve---button down collars with suits or God forbid, double breasted jackets. For me, button down collars are to be worn with sport jackets.

I have had to get all my suits altered. I lost over 30 lbs last year. I now need slim fit dress shirts. I bought $2,000 worth of suits from Nordstrom. Well I obviously wasn’t done losing weight. The pants are too loose. 

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I wear a suit everyday for work. A co-worker gave me Buffalo Bills cufflinks. I have not worn them and likely never will. LOL 

I have had to get all my suits altered. I lost over 30 lbs last year. I now need slim fit dress shirts. I bought $2,000 worth of suits from Nordstrom. Well I obviously wasn’t done losing weight. The pants are too loose. 

Congrats on losing the weight if you needed to. Whatcha do, switch to low fat Doritos after a toke or two?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Congrats on losing the weight if you needed to. Whatcha do, switch to low fat Doritos after a toke or two?

Changed my diet.  Cut the carbs as best I could.  Cut out the booze for the most part.  And the last 10 lbs that I could not loose for the life of me came off after I cut sugar.  Luckily I don't toke that often.  Couple times a month.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I applaud your company for employing the mentally handicapped.

Equal Opportunity Employer!

i feel bad for the guy who said it. Obviously in no way did he have any racial connotation in mind...but is now probably worried that some exec has him marked. 

25 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

i feel bad for the guy who said it. Obviously in no way did he have any racial connotation in mind...but is now probably worried that some exec has him marked. 

I used "dead cat bounce" the other day and have been looking over my shoulder for PETA ever since.

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

And he's probably right.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

The reference comes from Nassim Talib's book of the same name. He should buy a few copies & leave them lying around the office as a subtle way of telling those people they're idiots.

I-kE9uA0_bigger.jpgOrange Muppet Energy‏ @sunnyright
FollowFollow @sunnyright

The dumbass kid mocking Native Americans is going to be a bigger outrage and national scandal with more accountability than the media establishment making up and spreading a story or senior Democrats associating with anti semites and regurgitating Nazi rhetoric. Buckle up.

9:57 AM - 19 Jan 2019

• Like (+1) 1

People are criticizing Gladys Knight for accepting the invitation to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.

CNN reports.

My reaction is, in this order:

1. Don't criticize Gladys Knight,

2. Don't make singing the National Anthem into a bad thing,

3. The question of protesting the National Anthem is separate, and if you want to defend the players who have been protesting, you're making a big leap if you go from arguing that the protest is respectful, respectable, and permissible to saying that protest is required and anyone not protesting is to be disrespected,

4. Those who are making that big leap are confirming the fears of the kind of people who worry that once something is permitted we're on a slippery slope to its being required.

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

People are criticizing Gladys Knight for accepting the invitation to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.

CNN reports.

My reaction is, in this order:

1. Don't criticize Gladys Knight,

2. Don't make singing the National Anthem into a bad thing,

3. The question of protesting the National Anthem is separate, and if you want to defend the players who have been protesting, you're making a big leap if you go from arguing that the protest is respectful, respectable, and permissible to saying that protest is required and anyone not protesting is to be disrespected,

4. Those who are making that big leap are confirming the fears of the kind of people who worry that once something is permitted we're on a slippery slope to its being required.

5) Gladys Knight did more for civil rights in the 60's than her detractors are doing now.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/18/2019 at 12:23 PM, Kevbeau said:

Next time he should just go with "anomaly". 100% of those folks understandably upset over "Black Swan" won't understand that either, and it'll be funny as #@!# watching their frustration as they try to Google "nomuhlee". 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i know i'll be switching with my next purchase.

https://twitter.com/AdamBaldwin/status/1087742450527985669

I don't like this ad. I've known many WW2 vets, including my father, and while I get what Barbasol is trying to do, I find it pretty tacky.  Between the ping simulating the helmet, and the guy casually tossing a potato masher back toward the enemy like it's a newspaper that flew into a fox hole,  its cheesey.