The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know if this is the right thread... but it seems to fit: 

Internet responses......................

DmEenw7U4AE238M.jpg:large...................................DmF0LWaV4AAzoRQ.jpg

DmBplYjXsAAJNf7.jpg...........................DmCSd_wWsAIkhPO.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it is sarcasm.................0:)

The Bee Explains: Common Racist Hand Signals

https://babylonbee.com/news/the-bee-explains-common-racist-hand-signals/

There are about 8 of them, I like this one the best...........:lol:

20180906_140253-e1536268414159-225x300.jpg.........Handshake of Hate

This may seem innocuous at first, but it implies racism by suggesting they own your hand. Slavery, anyone? If someone tries this one on you, punch them in the face (being careful not to make the “Fist” shape above).

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

This may seem innocuous at first, but it implies racism by suggesting they own your hand. Slavery, anyone? If someone tries this one on you, punch them in the face (being careful not to make the “Fist” shape above).

?

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They insulted my Lord and Savior, Ronnie James Dio in the article. These mother!@#$ers must die!

Edited by Koko78
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"If there’s one thing you’ve noticed about white nationalists, it’s that they have hands. And something they’ve been doing a lot with their hands lately is sending out secret messages in support of white supremacy. If you see anyone doing any of these hand gestures, you can be certain they are a racist and should report them to the nearest racism reporting facility (usually Twitter)." :lol:

Even in Sports..............there is a narrative that MUST be maintained..................the Williams "comeback" is one.

SORT OF LIKE AFTER HILLARY’S DEFEAT: It’s shameful what US Open did to Naomi Osaka.

Naomi Osaka, 20 years old, just became the first player from Japan to win a Grand Slam event.

Yet rather than cheer Osaka, the crowd, the commentators and US Open officials all expressed shock and grief that Serena Williams lost.

Osaka spent what should have been her victory lap in tears. It had been her childhood dream to make it to the US Open and possibly play against Williams, her idol, in the final.

It’s hard to recall a more unsportsmanlike event.

Here was a young girl who pulled off one of the greatest upsets ever, who fought for every point she earned, ashamed.

At the awards ceremony, Osaka covered her face with her black visor and cried. The crowd booed her. Katrina Adams, chairman and president of the USTA, opened the awards ceremony by denigrating the winner and lionizing Williams — whose ego, if anything, needs piercing.

“Perhaps it’s not the finish we were looking for today,” Adams said, “but Serena, you are a champion of all champions.” Addressing the crowd, Adams added, “This mama is a role model and respected by all.”

That’s not likely the case now, not after the world watched as Serena Williams had a series of epic meltdowns on the court, all sparked when the umpire warned her: No coaching from the side. Her coach was making visible hand signals.

“I don’t cheat to win,” Williams told him. “I’d rather lose.”

She couldn’t let it go, going back multiple times to berate the umpire. At one point she called him a thief.

“You stole a point from me!” she yelled.

After her loss, Williams’s coach admitted to ESPN that he had, in fact, been coaching from the stands, a code violation. The warning was fair. . . .

Osaka, a young player at the beginning of her career, showed grit, determination and maturity on that court and off.

She earned that trophy. Let’s recall that this wasn’t Osaka’s first victory over Williams — she beat Williams back in March, causing a hiccup in that great comeback narrative.

Osaka earned her moment as victor at the US Open, one that should have been pure joy. If anything was stolen during this match, it was that.

Shameful, but not surprising.

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Blame the white male? Check.

Use the "Everyone else does it" excuse? Check.

Use the "Women are treated differently than men" excuse? Check.

Use the "I'm a mother" excuse? Check.

Use the race card? Check.

Only thing missing was some good old fashioned TDS

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Even in Sports..............there is a narrative that MUST be maintained..................the Williams "comeback" is one.

SORT OF LIKE AFTER HILLARY’S DEFEAT: It’s shameful what US Open did to Naomi Osaka.

Naomi Osaka, 20 years old, just became the first player from Japan to win a Grand Slam event.

Yet rather than cheer Osaka, the crowd, the commentators and US Open officials all expressed shock and grief that Serena Williams lost.

Osaka spent what should have been her victory lap in tears. It had been her childhood dream to make it to the US Open and possibly play against Williams, her idol, in the final.

It’s hard to recall a more unsportsmanlike event.

Here was a young girl who pulled off one of the greatest upsets ever, who fought for every point she earned, ashamed.

At the awards ceremony, Osaka covered her face with her black visor and cried. The crowd booed her. Katrina Adams, chairman and president of the USTA, opened the awards ceremony by denigrating the winner and lionizing Williams — whose ego, if anything, needs piercing.

“Perhaps it’s not the finish we were looking for today,” Adams said, “but Serena, you are a champion of all champions.” Addressing the crowd, Adams added, “This mama is a role model and respected by all.”

That’s not likely the case now, not after the world watched as Serena Williams had a series of epic meltdowns on the court, all sparked when the umpire warned her: No coaching from the side. Her coach was making visible hand signals.

“I don’t cheat to win,” Williams told him. “I’d rather lose.”

She couldn’t let it go, going back multiple times to berate the umpire. At one point she called him a thief.

“You stole a point from me!” she yelled.

After her loss, Williams’s coach admitted to ESPN that he had, in fact, been coaching from the stands, a code violation. The warning was fair. . . .

Osaka, a young player at the beginning of her career, showed grit, determination and maturity on that court and off.

She earned that trophy. Let’s recall that this wasn’t Osaka’s first victory over Williams — she beat Williams back in March, causing a hiccup in that great comeback narrative.

Osaka earned her moment as victor at the US Open, one that should have been pure joy. If anything was stolen during this match, it was that.

Shameful, but not surprising.

Everything I've heard so far today is "It's shameful what the US Open did to Serena Williams."  Every damn story.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Everything I've heard so far today is "It's shameful what the US Open did to Serena Williams."  Every damn story.

I kept seeing on twitter things like they would never do this to McEnroe with all his antics.  So, I looked it up and he was actually kicked out of the Australian Open!  Not just losing a point or whatever - which he had also happen to him.  Tons of fines, warnings, penalties. 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

I kept seeing on twitter things like they would never do this to McEnroe with all his antics.  So, I looked it up and he was actually kicked out of the Australian Open!  Not just losing a point or whatever - which he had also happen to him.  Tons of fines, warnings, penalties. 

Don't harsh The Narrative with your silly little details

• Like (+1) 1