The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

friend had a few times that a tic goes embedded in his foreskin, that must have been nasty to pull out....

Few implies this has happened more than twice. Perhaps your friend needs to reevaluate his life choices.

5 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Oh, I understand. In fact, during medieval times, some people believed that excessive exposure to moonlight while sleeping caused insanity, and called it "lunacy".

But I still think your 'lunar' ticks play on words was worth a 'boo' - the better puns always evoke reactions like that. 

That's what makes them good puns.  

Like how you should always serve hollandaise sauce on a chrome platter.  Because there's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise.

9 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Few implies this has happened more than twice. Perhaps your friend needs to reevaluate his life choices.

nodding and wincing

maybe he has to be told....

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

That's what makes them good puns.  

Like how you should always serve hollandaise sauce on a chrome platter.  Because there's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise.

:lol:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Gen Y are generally called "Millennials", while Gen Z are "Zombies." 

Why is Gen X the only group keeping their placeholder letter?

Because everybody cares about Gen X about as much as Gen X cares about anything - which is to say, very little.

Also everyone likes Billy Idol? Maybe?

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Where do you think the word "lunatic" comes from?  The Latin "Lunaticus" - "characteristic of" or "like the moon."  One who changes, particularly their thoughts and moods, as the phases of the moon.

I knew that actually. 

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

That really wasn't much sillier than the Ajax White Knight that would ride through the countryside, nailing people's launrdy as it dried on the clothesline with his lance, bleaching it in a sudden burst of white light.

That commercial is also where the last line of "Touch Me"  ( Stronger than dirt) by The Doors came from.

45 minutes ago, Wacka said:

That commercial is also where the last line of "Touch Me"  ( Stronger than dirt) by The Doors came from.

I had no idea, but I just looked it up and you're right. Apparently on the album mix, you can hear Morrison saying "stronger than dirt" at the end of the song.

:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I had no idea, but I just looked it up and you're right. Apparently on the album mix, you can hear Morrison saying "stronger than dirt" at the end of the song.

:thumbsup:

not on the single though....

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

not on the single though....

That's why I specifically said "on the album mix".

55 minutes ago, Wacka said:

They must have played the album cut all the time on the radio because I never heard it without it.

Quite possible that they did - those were the days of AOR (album oriented rock) after all.