The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's what my PhD Chem E wife has always told me. :w00t:

What percent of engineering degrees go to women?

hasnt changed in 60 years despite attempts to increase.... nah they can’t rig engineering studies and quotas for people not smart enough, it won’t work 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

What percent of engineering degrees go to women?

hasnt changed in 60 years despite attempts to increase.... nah they can’t rig engineering studies and quotas for people not smart enough, it won’t work 

You trying to claim my wife's degree & accomplishments are due to quotas / affirmative action?

If you are, would really like to be there when you try to tell her that. :lol:

If you read it again it’s nothing close to that  at all, you have a huge chip on your shoulder looking for an insult there......

you have to EARN an engineering degree, the trouble for admissions is they can’t get women’s enrolment to equality despite trying very hard for 6 decades.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

If you read  it again it’s nothing close to that  at all, you have a huge chip on your shoulder looking for an insult there......

you have to EARN an engineering degree, the trouble for admissions is they can’t get women’s enrolment to equality despite trying very hard for 6 decades.

In my undergrad program it was literally 50% male-female.  The grad program was still 40% female.

Other engineering  majors were far more male dominated but that isn't across the board (and literally hasn't been for 30 years).

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

In my undergrad program it was literally 50% male-female.  The grad program was still 40% female.

Other engineering  majors were far more male dominated but that isn't across the board (and literally hasn't been for 30 years).

Then what the hell are the researchers complaining about?

The lack of equality in men vs women in enrolment and graduates for engineering.

—-

basically the lack of equality in degrees and careers and awards that geeky men gravitate towards and devote their entire existence to.

—————

For my dorm years the highest achievers lived on a mountaintop and never came down in case they slipped up or they were 2 years younger than their class

the next top decile would get drunk and stoned all weekend and some would get bent the night before exams and still pull off great marks

—————

in Canada 1 in 5 undergrads in E is a woman, the working population is a higher percent

Oops, it’s 13 percent in the Canadian workforce by another claim

The problem is that Engineering is a guild that is almost secret in full public view.

When I'm introduced to a student in elementary or high school I ask if they like math and if they say they do I tell them about Engineering as a pursuit for study and career.  Can't leave it to someone to find it out if they didnt' have a relative in it or a teacher bothering to go out of their way to tell a bright student about it.

I can count 4 who went on to it successfully that laughingly thank me for telling them about it when they were 12.

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Kevin Sorbo Banned from East Coast Comicon Because He’s ‘Pals with Sean Hannity.’

Why.......it's as if the liberal's tolerance for diversity isn't true...;)

That's really pathetic. Comicon? Really?

You intolerant, psycho, hate-filled left wing bastards can go %$#% yourselves.

Better yet, just sit there and wait for the Weinsteins and Frankens to wander by and %$#$ you themselves.

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Kevin Sorbo Banned from East Coast Comicon Because He’s ‘Pals with Sean Hannity.’

Why.......it's as if the liberal's tolerance for diversity isn't true...;)

10 hours ago, Azalin said:

That's really pathetic. Comicon? Really?

You intolerant, psycho, hate-filled left wing bastards can go %$#% yourselves.

Better yet, just sit there and wait for the Weinsteins and Frankens to wander by and %$#$ you themselves.

They're just cosplaying a world where Trump wasn't elected

• Haha (+1) 1