The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

13 minutes ago, bbb said:

I don't know how Canadians have this "nice" reputation.  I've been to so many bars where Canadians were being aholes and starting fights all the time. 

How about their reputation of being very dumb?  Do you know where they got that?

• Haha (+1) 1

Speaking of government-compelled speech for shopkeepers...  (Supreme Court  - Cake/Freedom Case)

... and I've been speaking about it a lot in my long "live-blog" of my reading of the oral argument transcript in the Masterpiece Cake case (where a bakery store was forced to "speak" via wedding cake)...

... in Quebec, the legislature has passed a resolution — 111 votes to 0 — to require shopkeepers to greet customers with "Bonjour" — "bonjour" and only "bonjour," not "bonjour hi," which is, apparently, a popular greeting in the bilingual province.
“It is absurd,” Olivier La Roche, a French-speaking Quebecer who runs the shop said, referring to the resolution. “What are they going to do, come into my shop and arrest me for how I greet people?... I am a proud Quebecer... but we are in a free country and this is business and it comes down to the customer. We should be allowed to greet people how we like.”...

“I’m a French-Canadian bilingual hostess in a restaurant and it’s the first thing I say when I greet customers,” Maude Lussier-Racine, wrote on Twitter. “It’s not irritating, it’s respectful for everyone. Stop trying to make us do what you want and go do something else more important.”

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

When Starbucks asks your name for your order, loudly declare Trump2020

One of the girls I have been seeing likes to go to Starbucks, I will figure out one of the drinks and do this

Of you times I've gone to the cashier person and said I want a "dark latte faggae venting" but usually I say a "medium hot chocolate". They get pissssssssed.

I give random women's names or ethnic names.

42 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Nothing wrong with the classics.

Mike Hunt

The Bonnies actually had a Mike Hunt on the basketball team around 1982-84.

You would have thought when they introduced him over the loudspeaker, they would have went with Michael.............but nope.

Atlanta had Dick Pole and Craig Skok and Brian Asselstine

not sure how the announcer handled the last two.

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

Nothing wrong with the classics.

Mike Hunt

Miter ben Esdurty

Why is it the Left's crazy comments are so rarely challenged ?

Appeals judge grills university that told Title IX hearing panel ‘future of 1000 girls’ was at stake.

“This ‘1000 girls’ comment, had it been a Black Lives Matter defendant who assaulted a white male, and [the panel] said we have to take the safety of our 1000 white students into account, we [judges] would lose our minds here. If you were up here trying to defend that comment, we would lose our minds.”