3rd Quarter, It's Crunch Time

I like dividing the season to quarters when appraising a team. It helps to not get too high or too low over any single game. The Bills definitely need to go 3-1 over the next quarter season. This game against the Jets is as close to a must-win as I can imagine for a ninth game of the season.

I'd say 2-2 is likely. One loss is already in the bag ( save for major injury to Gronkowski or Brady) . It's hard to envision winning the other three. I don't think we match up great with this years model NYJ. I can see all sorts of misdirection plays and the Bills D relentlessly over pursuing and biting on play fakes and bootlegs. Then they will go gangbusters toward the QB not recognizing they are being let in and set up for a screen. I hope I'm wrong.

I like dividing the season to quarters when appraising a team. It helps to not get too high or too low over any single game. The Bills definitely need to go 3-1 over the next quarter season. This game against the Jets is as close to a must-win as I can imagine for a ninth game of the season.

Agree with you @ the Jets game. It's basically for the Bills, a playoff game. Losing the Jags game is the big reason why.

I'd say 2-2 is likely. One loss is already in the bag ( save for major injury to Gronkowski or Brady) . It's hard to envision winning the other three. I don't think we match up great with this years model NYJ. I can see all sorts of misdirection plays and the Bills D relentlessly over pursuing and biting on play fakes and bootlegs. Then they will go gangbusters toward the QB not recognizing they are being let in and set up for a screen. I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, that's a likely scenario you've described against the Jets. Hopefully though, you will be wrong.

That is a likely scenario against the Jests. I'm hopeful too, that you will be wrong. Get your popcorn ready.

They have to beat the jets tomorrow. If they don't, I really think the season is done. Cause then it is at new england so 4-6 most likely, then would almost have to go 6-0 or 5-1

Beating the Jets tomorrow is more important than beating the Dolphins last Sunday. A Jets win gives them a 2 game cushion and the tiebreaker for a wildcard, assuming that the Patriots to fold like a wet taco. This absolutely 100% is a playoff game for Buffalo.

Beating the Jets tomorrow is more important than beating the Dolphins last Sunday. A Jets win gives them a 2 game cushion and the tiebreaker for a wildcard, assuming that the Patriots to fold like a wet taco. This absolutely 100% is a playoff game for Buffalo.

This is a Must Win in my book. it would give the Bills tie breaker (for the time being) and "if the playoffs started that day" gives the Bills the WC spot for the week.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Agree with you @ the Jets game. It's basically for the Bills, a playoff game. Losing the Jags game is the big reason why.

Yup - that's my thought too - the difference between losing to the Jags and not is the difference between 4-6 and 5-5 if they drop the next two. 4-6 is a tough spot - not totally out of it, but not good. I guess I'd stop short of calling it a playoff, but they're in a hole if they lose.

Since we can't expect a win @NE that 5 has to come tomorrow night. OTOH, a win @New Jersey puts them in likely position to close out the Jets and clinch a spot when they host them at Buffalo at the end.

Edited by BobChalmers