IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

It was an answer to asking if any other team or coach used marginal players as weekly captains. Bowles policy, by definition, would be also including marginal players.

When Rex had members of the OL who played under Marrone acting as captains for the coin flip I thought it was a juvenile tactic. Having IK be an acting captain is in poor taste. This designation is even more classless because of the circumstances surrounding the "punch out" in NY.

I readily admit I am biased against RR. I consider him a self-promoting huckster who expends too much time and energy drawing attention to himself. It's not surprising that the team he coaches is one of the most penalized teams in the league. It's a reflection of the HC's immaturity and lack of discipline.

I can't think of one other HC in this league who would behave in such a clownish manner. Sending IK isn't about IK--it is about Rex the character garnering attention.

Like father like son. Some people find his act endearing---I find it to be embarrassing.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Rex had members of the OL who played under Marrone acting as captains for the coin flip I thought it was a juvenile tactic. Having IK be an acting captain is in poor taste. This designation is even more classless because of the circumstances surrounding the "punch out" in NY.

I readily admit I am biased against RR. I consider him a self-promoting huckster who expends too much time and energy drawing attention to himself. It's not surprising that the team he coaches is one of the most penalized teams in the league. It's a reflection of the HC's immaturity and lack of discipline.

I can't think of one other HC in this league who would behave in such a clownish manner. Sending IK isn't about IK--it is about Rex the character garnering attention.

Like father like son. Some people find his act endearing---I find it to be embarrassing.

You are finding unrelated facts to suit your opinion of Rex Ryan. Correlation does not imply causation.

Penalties

Bills 1st

Jets 28th

Bills 5th

Jets 20th

Bills 9th

Jets 13th

Bills 15th

Jets 30th

Edit: On another random note: 1913 accepted penalties in 132 games for an average 14.5 penalties per game this year. On par for over 3800 penalties.

Last year (including playoffs), the NFL had 3526 accepted penalties in 267 games or 13.2 a game.

2013 there were 3245 accepted penalties in 267 for 12.15 a game.

When will the escalations stop?

Edited by What a Tuel

You are finding unrelated facts to suit your opinion of Rex Ryan. Correlation does not imply causation.

Penalties

Bills 1st

Jets 28th

Bills 5th

Jets 20th

Bills 9th

Jets 13th

Bills 15th

Jets 30th

2009 to 2011 conspicuously absent.

2009 to 2011 conspicuously absent.

I didn't go back farther because players on teams change a lot and I think this has a lot to do with our players more than Rex. But for fun:

Bills: 11th

Jets: 9th

Bills: 28th

Jets: 6th

2011:

Bills: 28th

Jets: 21st

I didn't go back farther because players on teams change a lot and I think this has a lot to do with our players more than Rex. But for fun:

The silly HC had a losing record when he coached the Jets. The longer he coached the team the worse it got. When he left the team it was in shambles. I'm not saying that the team spiraled downwards just because of him but he was a factor. He got fired for good cause.

I'm not impressed by him and the way he coaches. Although his specialty is defense that unit has regressed compared to the prior DC's stewardship. The majority of people in the hometown find his "loud" behavior endearing. I don't. It's embarrassing. The bottom line is that his "act" is louder than his mediocre record.

How exactly is this not disrespectful? IK is named captain strictly because he btoke a guy's jaw.

That's not why. It's because he is a former Jet. That's it. Whether he was cut or not re- signed, it's irrelevant. It's not disrespectful at all because it's about his guys. Not the other guys. Pretty easy to understand.

That's not why. It's because he is a former Jet. That's it. Whether he was cut or not re- signed, it's irrelevant. It's not disrespectful at all because it's about his guys. Not the other guys. Pretty easy to understand.

Why were the Bill's OL sent out to coin flip for Jags game ?

Not to disrespect Marrone ?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/rex_ryan_trolls_doug_marrone_with_his_captain_choices_for_bills_game_against_jag.html

Edited by ALF

Why were the Bill's OL sent out to coin flip for Jags game ?

Not to disrespect Marrone ?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/rex_ryan_trolls_doug_marrone_with_his_captain_choices_for_bills_game_against_jag.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20674/expect-rex-ryan-to-name-game-specific-bills-captains

This was known before the season - They even tried to write the controversy about Incognito. It turns out IK is much more interesting, and you guys are fooled into being outraged again. :lol:

The silly HC had a losing record when he coached the Jets. The longer he coached the team the worse it got. When he left the team it was in shambles. I'm not saying that the team spiraled downwards just because of him but he was a factor. He got fired for good cause.

I'm not impressed by him and the way he coaches. Although his specialty is defense that unit has regressed compared to the prior DC's stewardship. The majority of people in the hometown find his "loud" behavior endearing. I don't. It's embarrassing. The bottom line is that his "act" is louder than his mediocre record.

The team was in shambles because of Idzik. They fired him too you know. They hire Maccagnan as GM and he makes key free agent pickups on offense, and defense, and has a great draft. And suddenly they are better than they were. But yeah, I am sure it was because Rex Ryan annoys you that they were bad.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just another unnecessary distraction. Not what this team needs.

Nothing to see here people move along. This is what Rex has done for YEARS.

I need to ask..... where was the "outrage" at Incognito being captain versus Miami?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Nothing to see here people move along. This is what Rex has done for YEARS.

I need to ask..... where was the "outrage" at Incognito being captain versus Miami?

That's my point. He has been performing his act me obnoxious act for too long.

What is more revealing than his clown act is his overall record. It is a losing record. The more the Bills lose the more scrutiny his juvenile behavior will draw.

What is more revealing than his clown act is his overall record. It is a losing record. The more the Bills lose the more scrutiny his juvenile behavior will draw.

All I can say (in a friendly manner) is lighten up John.

If the Bills lose you have more ammunition. If not then in it is moot.

As to his record in NY. It was the NYETS he was coaching - look at the long list of HC's there that moved on to greater things. see posts WRT ownership not spending money

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Only from the lazy people who look for the easiest, media-created excuses and don't have the ability or desire to actually understand why teams are winning or losing.

And I think fans drastically overestimate the impact of "bulletin board material" on millionaires playing sports professionally. What, the Jets were going to be all disinterested in a game that might put them in the drivers seat for the wild card until Rex Ryan announced his captains? Yeah....ok. That's believable. :rolleyes:

All I can say (in a friendly manner) is lighten up John.

If the Bills lose you have more ammunition. If not then in it is moot.

As to his record in NY. It was the NYETS he was coaching - look at the long list of HC's there that moved on to greater things. see posts WRT ownership not spending money

I'm not looking for ammunition. Just the opposite. He is giving ammunition by his provoking behavior. I'm not primarily concerned about his behavior in this one particular game. My concern is over his regular self-promoting antics that don't set a good example and tone for the rest of the team.

The Bills have not been especially disciplined on the field. It's not surprising because the HC who is most influential in creating the team environment is himself undisciplined.

Am I biased against him? Yes. I didn't like the hire. The more I see his boring self-centered "act" the more confirmed I am in my original position.

bils win...rex is brash

bills lose....rex is a bufoon

And he only has himself to blame for that...

I will go on record stating I hated Rex's antics when he was in NY/NJ. And I still hate them now.

(Many of you did too, but now he is the Bills coach and "Its Rex being Rex) But that's for another time.

Only from the lazy people who look for the easiest, media-created excuses and don't have the ability or desire to actually understand why teams are winning or losing.

And I think fans drastically overestimate the impact of "bulletin board material" on millionaires playing sports professionally. What, the Jets were going to be all disinterested in a game that might put them in the drivers seat for the wild card until Rex Ryan announced his captains? Yeah....ok. That's believable. :rolleyes:

I think you underestimate it. It goes from we are going to go out and win this game to we are going to go out and Kick the S*** out of these guys.