IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Only from the lazy people who look for the easiest, media-created excuses and don't have the ability or desire to actually understand why teams are winning or losing.

And I think fans drastically overestimate the impact of "bulletin board material" on millionaires playing sports professionally. What, the Jets were going to be all disinterested in a game that might put them in the drivers seat for the wild card until Rex Ryan announced his captains? Yeah....ok. That's believable. :rolleyes:

When Rex Ryan decided to make EK the symbolic captain in this particular game he knew exactly what the response was going to be He worked in NY and was well aware of its intense media environment. As I said in a prior post this provocative act was not about IK it was about garnering attention for this self-seeking publicity hound HC.

The real issue is not about this distraction that the HC has created. It's about his coaching performance. I'm a skeptic about him. Always have been. Nothing so far has changed my view of him. (Although I will give him credit for bringing in Greg Roman.)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he only has himself to blame for that...

I will go on record stating I hated Rex's antics when he was in NY/NJ. And I still hate them now.

(Many of you did too, but now he is the Bills coach and "Its Rex being Rex) But that's for another time.

I think you underestimate it. It goes from we are going to go out and win this game to we are going to go out and Kick the S*** out of these guys.

Right. All because Ryan named a guy captain who, by almost all reports, the majority of Jets teammates stood behind over Geno Smith after their locker room altercation.

On a related note, how did the Dolphins kicking the sh** out of the Bills (twice) over Incognito being a captain work out?

When Rex Ryan decided to make EK the symbolic captain in this particular game he knew exactly what the response was going to be He worked in NY and was well aware of its intense media environment. As I said in a prior post this provocative act was not about IK it was about garnering attention for this self-seeking publicity hound HC.

Ryan makes ex-players captain every week. So why should IKE be any different?

The real issue is not about this distraction that the HC has created. It's about his coaching performance. I'm a skeptic about him. Always have been. Nothing so far has changed my view of him. (Although I will give him credit for bringing in Greg Roman.)

Obviously, which is the only thing driving your argument here. That you place the blame on Ryan for the deterioration of the Jets roster from 2010 to 2014 tells me that you aren't really interested in any reasonable analysis and just want to indulge your hatred of Ryan. So have at it.

Right. All because Ryan named a guy captain who, by almost all reports, the majority of Jets teammates stood behind over Geno Smith after their locker room altercation.

On a related note, how did the Dolphins kicking the sh** out of the Bills (twice) over Incognito being a captain work out?

Ryan makes ex-players captain every week. So why should IKE be any different?

Obviously, which is the only thing driving your argument here. That you place the blame on Ryan for the deterioration of the Jets roster from 2010 to 2014 tells me that you aren't really interested in any reasonable analysis and just want to indulge your hatred of Ryan. So have at it.

I don't have a hatred for Rex. I simply don't have a high regard for him as a HC. I also don't find his self-absorbed shtick very amusing. It's my view that the HC by example is very instrumental in establishing the environment for the team. Acting like he is performing in a comedy act doesn't contribute much to creating a serious and mature working environment.

How did RR's OL captaincy work in London against Marrone, the OL coach in Jacksonville?

it's human nature......sometimes opposing players don't give their all.

when someone like rex starts pushing their buttons......they pay attention.

I don't understand what people don't get about this. Naming captains because the once played for the opposing team is silly in a league where players move around constantly. In this instance it is at the very least disrespectful to one player, Calvin Pryor, because he said it was. Telling him it is not means nothing, because in his mind it is. Why give an opponent any extra motivation? Edited by chris heff

I don't understand what people don't get about this. Naming captains because the once played for the opposing team is silly in a league where players move around constantly. In this instance it is at the very least disrespectful to one player, Calvin Pryor, because he said it was. Telling him it is not means nothing, because in his mind it is. Why give an opponent any extra motivation?

he isn't playing and neither is Geno. Anyone else care? Will the Bills get extra motivation by Pryor's trash talk that he can't back up? Does any of it matter past the pre game hype machine - probably not. Edited by YoloinOhio

And he only has himself to blame for that...

I will go on record stating I hated Rex's antics when he was in NY/NJ. And I still hate them now.

(Many of you did too, but now he is the Bills coach and "Its Rex being Rex) But that's for another time.

I think you underestimate it. It goes from we are going to go out and win this game to we are going to go out and Kick the S*** out of these guys.

Right. So teams play to 90% -95% of their potential against 31 teams, but 100% against the Bills because of Rex's antics. Or do they give more than 100%?

So far Bowles seems like a class act , not so sure about Rex. IMO

Bowles picks different captains every week like Rex and uses the if the guy is from the area concept he is a captain.

Nothing to see here people move along. This is what Rex has done for YEARS.

I need to ask..... where was the "outrage" at Incognito being captain versus Miami?

it.

Nothing to see here people move along. This is what Rex has done for YEARS.

I need to ask..... where was the "outrage" at Incognito being captain versus Miami?

Well, given the amount of press and discussion this has gotten I'd say it's a distraction by definition. They players and coaches are being constantly asked about It. But you can pretend like it's not if you like, just like Rex.

it.Well, given the amount of press and discussion this has gotten I'd say it's a distraction by definition. They players and coaches are being constantly asked about It. But you can pretend like it's not if you like, just like Rex.

Were any Bills players or coaches asked about it - other than IK and Rex? Edited by YoloinOhio

Damn it. Rex strikes again. Fitz is going to play his heart out to impress his Wife. He ain't ugly, and he's going to prove it!

Per Fitz, his 5 kids prove it.

it. Well, given the amount of press and discussion this has gotten I'd say it's a distraction by definition. They players and coaches are being constantly asked about It. But you can pretend like it's not if you like, just like Rex.

not for nothing but this is a Thursday night game. By default there are no other games to steal the spotlight. Not talking about it would be a slap in the face to both teams fighting for a WC slot.

Lol

@Espngreeny: Here's the check!! #IK #Jets

New York Jets

https://t.co/rEGNX60fkE

I heard him say that the other day. funny

Why were the Bill's OL sent out to coin flip for Jags game ?

Not to disrespect Marrone ?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/rex_ryan_trolls_doug_marrone_with_his_captain_choices_for_bills_game_against_jag.html

Not sure if we have any ex- jags, so RR will also look for anything with ties to that team. Obviously this was a unique situation with Marrone being on the other side. DM decided to ditch the Bills and try to get a different HC job via an out in his contract. He didn't even tell his players and many voiced their loss of respect for DM. The run game was going to be of great importance due to EJ having to play QB. So RR decided to put his OL out there to empower them and pump them up to face their former coach that walked out on them. Again, it's about our guys, not Marrone. Just Rex trying to pump up his players. He doesn't care what the guys on the other sideline think about it.

Not sure if we have any ex- jags, so RR will also look for anything with ties to that team. Obviously this was a unique situation with Marrone being on the other side. DM decided to ditch the Bills and try to get a different HC job via an out in his contract. He didn't even tell his players and many voiced their loss of respect for DM. The run game was going to be of great importance due to EJ having to play QB. So RR decided to put his OL out there to empower them and pump them up to face their former coach that walked out on them. Again, it's about our guys, not Marrone. Just Rex trying to pump up his players. He doesn't care what the guys on the other sideline think about it.

I heard Bart Scott talk about this last night on the radio show he does on CBS. He said he speaks "Fluent Rex" and everything he does with the captains week to week is to lift up his own guys. He believes in it as a coach, and gives zero !@#$s about what anyone other than his own team thinks. People who hate the "PR side" of it - that's their choice. Maybe the they will win, maybe they won't, but this won't be the reason. Neither of the players involved in this - IK or Geno - are playing in this game. IK may see a few snaps. If the other Jets somehow find motivation in the fact IK is watching the coin flip - they didn't have enough to begin with.

Edited by YoloinOhio