fit bit question

dib

i have the basic clip on unit, it works pretty well. I prefer to use MapMyWalk app, but the fitbit is for a team competition though, so i use both, it seems to be pretty accurate as my app and fitbit both record very similar results. Fitbit is better as a pedometer than mapmywalk

did the resarch but would like a 'boots on the ground' review if anyone has a fit bit

Thanks in advance

Got my wife the Flex for Christmas and it was cool enough that I got the Charge (because I'm not wearing something on my wrist that can't also tell time).

It was cool for a while, but then the button on the side came out...it was a problem across the board that Fit Bit recognized, and they didn't hesitate to replace it at no cost.

Then I got a Moto 360 and realized that if you're going to spend $100 on something to track your steps, spend another $50 for something that syncs with your phone and gives you text messages, emails, alerts, etc.

wife has the flex model, I believe. button fell off after 6 months and latch fell off shortly after. awaiting free replacement (no hassles but still...) she loves it. she'll walk up and down the driveway if needed at the end of the day to get to her steps goal. it does alert her to new text messages and who is sending but I don't think it gives the message. I think I would buy a different brand if I were to buy one.

Wife and I have Fitbit HR as well, we like it but I just get my 10K steps a day and thats about it, I don't use the sleep monitor since I take it off at night. The first few weeks we were constantly monitoring it on the iPhone, now I glance at the end of the day to see if I need to take a quick walk to get to my goal.

Anybody know about a thing called Dashboard on the iphone 6? It just was popped up one day last week and it said how much I walked in the past day or two or maybe even more. I closed it thinking it's taking up my battery. (When I had a pedometer app about 3 years ago, that thing ate up my battery like crazy if it was on)

Now, I can't find dashboard on my phone? Where is it buried and does it take up a lot of battery?

Do you guys really stay fit or lose weight with these?

I tried one a few years ago and lost interest.

This was my thought. I had back surgery just about a year ago and was so excited about being able to walk I got Map My Walk which was fine but I got bored with it. Now I go to the gym and spend 30 minutes on the bike and lift and use the scale and the mirror to track my progress. The only thing I would be interested in would be the amount of sleep I was getting. I wasn't sleeping well for the longest time but then I quit drinking about 2 months ago and I seem to be sleeping much better. I still don't think I get enough sleep however.

This was my thought. I had back surgery just about a year ago and was so excited about being able to walk I got Map My Walk which was fine but I got bored with it. Now I go to the gym and spend 30 minutes on the bike and lift and use the scale and the mirror to track my progress. The only thing I would be interested in would be the amount of sleep I was getting. I wasn't sleeping well for the longest time but then I quit drinking about 2 months ago and I seem to be sleeping much better. I still don't think I get enough sleep however.

The sleep tracker was the most useless of the Fit Bit features.

It tracks restlessness, hours of sleep, etc., but in the end I realized I didn't need the Fit Bit to tell me if I haven't been sleeping well.