Bills tried to trade DB..

Dan III

The Buckhalter rumor is probably speculation although I'm definitly not opposed to that. Problem is that guy never seems to stay healthy, but if he could defintily would not be opposed to that at all.

About Bledsoe I think he requested not to be traded instead released so he could explore other options to see what kind of offers he gets.

Hey Folks,

I do agree that Buckhalter coming to the Bills is just speculation; but interesting none the less....that kid of move genrally falls into play with TD though. we shall see.....Now after the Bledsoe release; more attention will be paid to the Henry situation; and in TD Fashion; I expect some kid of splash.

Doesn't seem like a lot of GM's were busting down TD's door at OBD to make a deal though, now does it?

241013[/snapback]

But why would they? The GMs know that if they just waited a week or two Drew would be released and they could snatch him up without giving up a pick.

That's what doesn't make sense to me, if TD wanted to trade Drew, why let the whole league know you're "moving on"? Once that came out, everyone knew Drew was as good as gone. So his trade value (if there ever was any) vanished.

But why would they? The GMs know that if they just waited a week or two Drew would be released and they could snatch him up without giving up a pick.

Exactly...its kinda hard to have leverage when its public knowledge that your player will be cut anyways.

As for the Buckhalter move...very interesting! I honestly never thought of him this offseason, but he'd be a solid pick-up. Dont be surprised if the Bills take a shot at Amos Zereoue either, what with his familiarity with Mularkey's system and Donahoe being responsible for bringing him into the NFL.