[closed]Suh "Sack

peterpan

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/8/9693006/ndamukong-suh-should-have-had-a-sack-the-bills-scored-a-touchdown

Do people honestly consider that a sack? No progress was stopped at all. Suh couldn't have throw TT down because he had him by the horse collar.

And the reason the Bills were able to throw a TD on the next play is because the Fish stupidly accepted the penalty instead of declining it and going to 4th down.

Sorry to say, but that was for sure a sack. Suh had 2 hands on Taylor and he wasn't going anywhere- that little flip shouldn't have counted and the whistle should have blown. For Pete's sake, Suh was looking at the ref to blow the whistle while he had him- he didn't want to slam him down and risk a penalty.

Sorry to say, but that was for sure a sack. Suh had 2 hands on Taylor and he wasn't going anywhere- that little flip shouldn't have counted and the whistle should have blown. For Pete's sake, Suh was looking at the ref to blow the whistle while he had him- he didn't want to slam him down and risk a penalty.

It would have certainly been a PF penalty if Suh had slammed him down. Should have been blown dead and recorded as a sack.

It would have certainly been a PF penalty if Suh had slammed him down. Should have been blown dead and recorded as a sack.

I agree. If the NFL is going to protect QBs and call PFs on defenders who rough them up then they have to blow those kinds of plays dead. The other one I've seen is a QB at the sideline jumping out of bounds and throwing the ball while in the air. If the defender hits him, it's 15. If he doesn't, the QB has an opportunity to complete a pass or throw the ball away when he should have been sacked.

I agree. If the NFL is going to protect QBs and call PFs on defenders who rough them up then they have to blow those kinds of plays dead. The other one I've seen is a QB at the sideline jumping out of bounds and throwing the ball while in the air. If the defender hits him, it's 15. If he doesn't, the QB has an opportunity to complete a pass or throw the ball away when he should have been sacked.

They haven't called "in the grasp" in years. It was a failed policy.

I don't know--seems like calls like this happen fairly often where whistles could be blown sooner but sometimes are not. Tyrod made the right decision given how it played out, and this doesn't seem so egregious as to be over-the-top (prob because it worked in our favor). The underarm out-of-bounds chuck doesn't always end well.