Leo at safety - how did it go?

YoloinOhio

With all the discussion about how we are really missing AW, I am looking forward to seeing how well Leo does these next few weeks. I keep reading about how Leo is going to be expendable, but I think we may consider moving on from AW instead of Leo if he does well. With his injury history and penchant for losing his cool, plus McKelvin's return ability, I would think this is a possibility.

With all the discussion about how we are really missing AW, I am looking forward to seeing how well Leo does these next few weeks. I keep reading about how Leo is going to be expendable, but I think we may consider moving on from AW instead of Leo if he does well. With his injury history and penchant for losing his cool, plus McKelvin's return ability, I would think this is a possibility.

i would be very surprised unless AW is injured to where it will affect his play long term. The age difference is too big.

Now it could be between Graham and McKelvin. Age and $ wise.

i would be very surprised unless AW is injured to where it will affect his play long term. The age difference is too big.

Now it could be between Graham and McKelvin. Age and $ wise.

Good call. I just looked back and saw that AW really didn't miss too much time in 2014 and 2015. For some reason I was under the impression that he missed more games. Graham and McKelvin are good parallels though. Similar cap hit, same age, etc.

Had a nice pbu and then a great read/reaction on a bubble screen on back to back plays. On the latter he was sprinting toward the playside before the snap and beat the blockers to the spot. I hate seeing bubble screens go for 7 to 12+ and thought that was a great play.

I couldn't remember the exact sequence of events when I posted this but these two plays set up the 3rd and 12 play that Hughes made. So, basically these two plays Leodis made created the circumstances for Jerry's defensive play of the game.

That play was awesome. Saw him coming in before the snap and he closed fast.

Outside of that one deep ball, Leo looked great in what I saw and I'm glad to have him back!

Side note, Duke Williams didn't have a bad game himself.

Even on the deep ball they caught on him, the receiver was contained, and did not get the TD, as Leo kept in the game and tackled the guy. So, I am ok with that happening once in a while. I think McKelvin will yet contribute substantially to this team.

Good call. I just looked back and saw that AW really didn't miss too much time in 2014 and 2015. For some reason I was under the impression that he missed more games. Graham and McKelvin are good parallels though. Similar cap hit, same age, etc.

Of course, Leo still has better wheels....but Corey has better ball skills.

Seems to me that he started off slowly but got better in the second half.

In addition to the Stills long pass he gave up, there was another deep pass i the first half that Tannehill completed against Leodis on a rollout that was thankfully called back because of offensive holding.

But he certainly looked much better in the 2nd half.

Leo's never been afraid to come up and stick his nose in there. Glad to have him back on the field. He's a hard hitter and a hustle player who can make big plays. I think, like Hughes, he brings an attitude to the D that can be infectious. Hope that continues to build up and the D tightens up down the stretch. I'm not sure if it can be overstated how much we miss Kyle right now.

Speaking of attitude. What the heck happened to in your face bradham. He was in your face last year. This year. NOTHING. I hate it

Why does it have to be either or? Rex uses 3 safeties more often than not. Mckelvin can also be put in as a cover corner. I say keep all 3. Duke and Rambo are the ones who should be competing for 4th safety

Why does it have to be either or? Rex uses 3 safeties more often than not. Mckelvin can also be put in as a cover corner. I say keep all 3. Duke and Rambo are the ones who should be competing for 4th safety

Nothing to do with talent, everything to do with $$.

Leodis will be gone at the end of the year, he is a very solid cb and another team will make more of a financial commitment to him than we will be able to.

I am pretty sure Leodis is signed through next year and the year after that. If Leodis is gone it is because the Bills wanted it that way either through a trade or cap cutting.

Can you imagine our secondary with Gilmore, Darby, Williams, McKelvin, and Graham??? Wow!!! I think that's how you match up against NE!! Send 4-5 every time, leave LBs to defend open running lanes and match up that stud secondary on the pats* receiving threats

yep. Too bad we never had the full crew we played them.

McKelvin looked solid to me, especially after so much timeoff. A little concerned about some of his decisions on PR team attimes as to when and when not to fair catch but i like him.

he's a little rusty on returns....he'll get it..he's a great punt returner