Let's see how the Bills handle a win

I'm holding my breath hoping Bills say the right things this week:

1) Rex needs to say it was nice to coach in NYC and appreciates the opportunity he had there;

2) Rex can't say dumbass things about their defense, their QB or their team in general;

3) Offensive line, RB's and WR's need to compliment the Jets defense and concentrate on the importance of this game;

4) Defensive line and LB's need to compliment Fitz, Jets' offensive weapons.

Don't feed into the reporters baiting you into saying dumb stuff. Be humble and hungry to win again. They played a good game today (defense played "meh"), but it all goes down the drain if they come into the Jets game overconfident and cocky (as they are apt to do after a win).

Well, there is the IK Captain thing going on.

The JETS fans should still be applauding IK right now.

I wouldn't call that a move that will come back to haunt us. I was referring to statement like "I don't know the name of their running back" or players saying "I hate the Patriots" blah blah. They just need to keep their minds on the game and not fall into the media trap.

I wouldn't call that a move that will come back to haunt us. I was referring to statement like "I don't know the name of their running back" or players saying "I hate the Patriots" blah blah. They just need to keep their minds on the game and not fall into the media trap.

how is it a media trap? rex has a long history of saying dumbass things. he can't help himself.

not for nothing but - other than LeGarrette Blount did many know who their RB Lewis was? I didn't. Who will it be now?

not for nothing but - other than LeGarrette Blount did many know who their RB Lewis was? I didn't. Who will it be now?

If you watched their game the previous week the kid was on fire...same during preseason. I'm sure Rex knew his name...the whole point is to compliment the kid, or just compliment the team in general so it doesn't result in you having egg on your face (when Dion Lewis scored a TD against us for the win)

as for 'handling a win', we've lost every game after a win in the Rex era. So...

Yeah, so there's that...was hoping for a little different "Post Win Press Week"...so far he hasn't done too bad. I read a few of Yolo's media tweets and Rex even said something like "NY Jets was a great opportunity and I appreciate the time I spent there". So it appears he is toning it down (which is nice).

I'm holding my breath hoping Bills say the right things this week:

1) Rex needs to say it was nice to coach in NYC and appreciates the opportunity he had there;

2) Rex can't say dumbass things about their defense, their QB or their team in general;

3) Offensive line, RB's and WR's need to compliment the Jets defense and concentrate on the importance of this game;

4) Defensive line and LB's need to compliment Fitz, Jets' offensive weapons.

Don't feed into the reporters baiting you into saying dumb stuff. Be humble and hungry to win again. They played a good game today (defense played "meh"), but it all goes down the drain if they come into the Jets game overconfident and cocky (as they are apt to do after a win).

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your thoughts here in general.

But talk isn't going to win or lose the game, solid, disciplined play is going to win or lose it.

I would love to see the penalties FINALLY get cut back and the execution, especially on offense, to remain at Miami levels!

The importance of this game can't be overstated.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your thoughts here in general.

But talk isn't going to win or lose the game, solid, disciplined play is going to win or lose it.

I would love to see the penalties FINALLY get cut back and the execution, especially on offense, to remain at Miami levels!

The importance of this game can't be overstated.

I agree, but also believe that solid, disciplined play results from solid disciplined game prep....going into a game with distractions, arrogance or being told how great you are, doesn't always equate to wins. Best to avoid those types of distractions...especially those coming from your own coach.

I agree, but also believe that solid, disciplined play results from solid disciplined game prep....going into a game with distractions, arrogance or being told how great you are, doesn't always equate to wins. Best to avoid those types of distractions...especially those coming from your own coach.

Oh I agree with all that, but it applies to ALL games, not just this one.

I realize this is a bit special with the Rex/Jets connection.

The only talk thus far has come from the Jets players. And it's been mild IMO.

If you watched their game the previous week the kid was on fire...same during preseason. I'm sure Rex knew his name...the whole point is to compliment the kid, or just compliment the team in general so it doesn't result in you having egg on your face (when Dion Lewis scored a TD against us for the win)

Yeah, so there's that...was hoping for a little different "Post Win Press Week"...so far he hasn't done too bad. I read a few of Yolo's media tweets and Rex even said something like "NY Jets was a great opportunity and I appreciate the time I spent there". So it appears he is toning it down (which is nice).

the Dion Lewis comment backfired big time. I thought he said it because he was hoping they would hear it and then purposely get him the ball (thus taking away touches from more established playmakers like Gronk and Edelman). While Lewis looked good in preseason, he looked great in preseason with the Browns too last year before he sat on his couch all of 2014 while no team signed him. So he was probably thinking Lewis would be better off with the ball than those guys, at the time. But as soon as he said it I knew Lewis would get at least one TD. Even picked him up in fantasy. It was bound to happen after that comment.

To his credit, Rex hasn't said one thing negative since then about an opponent. And neither have the players.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yes. Two days to go and I'm hoping Rex keeps with the script (compliment the Jets, say how great they are, great city, great fans, etc.)...but go out and kick ass.

so much for mild. The Jets cracked first. Calvin Pryor just talked a bunch of sh*t about Rex.

And Mo Wilkerson didn't help

@KMart_LI: Could Rex Ryan have done more for the #Jets last year?

Calvin Pryor: "He could have played guys in the right position."

@Connor_J_Hughes: Calvin Pryor was asked if he thinks Rex Ryan is a good head coach

"No comment on that." #Jets

@Connor_J_Hughes: Calvin Pryor on Rex saying last year's #Jets draft class wasn't as good as two years ago "has to do with coaching, too"

@MMehtaNYDN: Mo Wilkerson on memories of playing for Rex: "I don't know. Next question."

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think in Rex's Monday presser he said something like "NY was a great opportunity and learned a lot" etc. I haven't heard any Bills players talking smack. Other than the IK captain thing, we are staying level headed and not biting on the hook. Stay with it Rex and Bills. This is a huuuuge game.

That crap is so overrated . Lewis was the last guy keeping Rex up at night, that's what he meant by that. And Lewis scoring a TD meant jack squat because T Brady shredded us. That's what Rex was talking about. You know, Brady: the guy who when asked about the Bills crowd noise talked a about how great it is when you go into a loud stadium and shut everyone up by the fourth quarter. That guy? Those statements were more of a diss than anything Rex or any Bill said. By your logic they should have been so fired up by Brady's lack of respect that they held him to 100 yards and zero TDs. They didn't because that crap mean zero on the playing field . It's Hollywood stuff for the media. That's it. Any second thought to it is borne out of a horrific fear of losing. It's a game , just a game . Do you think if Brady talked smack all week he wouldn't still destroy every defense out there? Thd Bills talk was tame compared to his statement.

Yes. Two days to go and I'm hoping Rex keeps with the script (compliment the Jets, say how great they are, great city, great fans, etc.)...but go out and kick ass.

What's wrong with not doing that, but going out and kicking ass anyway? Oh, right I forgot. You are terrified of the Bills losing. Relax... Even if they lose, there's another game the next week. It's just a game. Entertainment .

That crap is so overrated . Lewis was the last guy keeping Rex up at night, that's what he meant by that. And Lewis scoring a TD meant jack squat because T Brady shredded us. That's what Rex was talking about. You know, Brady: the guy who when asked about the Bills crowd noise talked a about how great it is when you go into a loud stadium and shut everyone up by the fourth quarter. That guy? Those statements were more of a diss than anything Rex or any Bill said. By your logic they should have been so fired up by Brady's lack of respect that they held him to 100 yards and zero TDs. They didn't because that crap mean zero on the playing field . It's Hollywood stuff for the media. That's it. Any second thought to it is borne out of a horrific fear of losing. It's a game , just a game . Do you think if Brady talked smack all week he wouldn't still destroy every defense out there? Thd Bills talk was tame compared to his statement.

What's wrong with not doing that, but going out and kicking ass anyway? Oh, right I forgot. You are terrified of the Bills losing. Relax... Even if they lose, there's another game the next week. It's just a game. Entertainment .

You just don't get it. Any comments by Brady were in response to the crap spewed by our coach and team. When getting your ass kicked, it makes those pre-game comments look foolish. If we win this game, we should go on to the next week and do the same...work hard and focus on the next opponent. Like you said...it's only a game.

You just don't get it. Any comments by Brady were in response to the crap spewed by our coach and team. When getting your ass kicked, it makes those pre-game comments look foolish. If we win this game, we should go on to the next week and do the same...work hard and focus on the next opponent. Like you said...it's only a game.

Well, Wednesday is media day for both teams. I doubt he heard any if that ( yet) or even cared. It meant nothing once the game started. One team wins and one team loses most every game. It's forgotten and on to the next one. Most people don't give a second thought about any team looking foolish. The Bills would look foolish if they had talked about how badly they were going to beat the Pats, but they didn't say that. Just said they don't like 'em. I'd bet they still don't. These press conferences are for the fans. It's part of the soap opera that keeps people interested in the NFL during the week. That's what you don't get. This perfect, silent football utopia you speak of doesn't exist. It's the best marketed sport in the land and Wednesdays are part of the machine . Just tune it all out, avoid all media during the week and watch on Sundays. Problem solved. Most people don't take it too seriously and see it for what it is : hype, chatter that doesn't matter.