Ground & Pound? Nope! Smash & Dash!

@BuffaloBillsPR

Today's 266 yards rushing by the @buffalobills is the most by the team since 1996 vs. Washington (also 266)

@Matt_Bove

Can't forget about @Karlos_29_SR almost killing me & @JonDossROC #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/663495992944148481/pu/vid/1280x720/_loXmDp6wczRY4O3.mp4

HIGHLIGHT: LeSean runs for a 48-yard touchdown (0:57)

Can't-Miss Play: LeSean runs through dolphins for the 48-yard touchdown.

HIGHLIGHT: Williams rushes it in for a 11-yard TD (1:09)
Bills Karlos Williams rushes it in for a 11-yard touchdown.

HIGHLIGHT: Williams runs for a 38-yard touchdown (0:50)
Bills Karlos Williams runs for a 38-yard touchdown

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As strange as this seems, I am of the view that Karlos is great in the change of pace role. Usually you want your pounder to carry the rock 20+ times-- but I loved how we are using him. 10-12 touches seems perfect.

Would like to see both backs more involved in the pass game.

Absolutely agree with you on the last part. I wouldn't mind seeing a few plays with Shady and Karlos in the backfield together, motion one of them out as a slot guy and let 'em eat.

As strange as this seems, I am of the view that Karlos is great in the change of pace role. Usually you want your pounder to carry the rock 20+ times-- but I loved how we are using him. 10-12 touches seems perfect.

Would love to see a 2 back set with Shady motioning wide.

Absolutely agree with you on the last part. I wouldn't mind seeing a few plays with Shady and Karlos in the backfield together, motion one of them out as a slot guy and let 'em eat.

Must have posted just as I decided to. Beat me to it.

LeSean McCoy: "We did anything we wanted to do" (5:53)
Bills RB LeSean McCoy talks following the team's win over the Dolphins. McCoy discusses his 100-yard rushing day which includes a 48-yard touchdown run and the offensive performance overall.

Karlos Williams: "It Felt Great" (3:25)
RB Karlos Williams talks about being back on the field, his running style, the hard work of the offensive line and more.

Especially with his concussion history. That's bad stuff...

I don't think he is limited to being a change of pace back....he's actually their best fit for this offense.

That idea that he is just a change of pace is based off of the fact that he didn't play well versus the Giants.

One game.

The bigger issue is that you can't have a guy with such critical concussion issues as your lead dog.

Definitely don't want to see both of them on the field at same time. Can't afford to lose both on same play.

I don't think he is limited to being a change of pace back....he's actually their best fit for this offense.

That idea that he is just a change of pace is based off of the fact that he didn't play well versus the Giants.

One game.

The bigger issue is that you can't have a guy with such critical concussion issues as your lead dog.

Definitely don't want to see both of them on the field at same time. Can't afford to lose both on same play.

You''d object to a formation which included: Watkins, Clay, McCoy, Karlos, Woods? Not all the time mind you, but mix it into the rotation. Get the playmakers on the field and let the defense pick their poison. It could be really lethal.

Sorry Shady, I wouldn't go quite that far. I believe I saw a number of plays that netted negative yardage.

The Legend of Karlos Williams.

5 (straight) games, 5 + touchdowns. Did they mention what record that was? Bills or NFL?

-----------

Where were these 2 guys the last 3 weeks?

Watkins goes deep and the running game opens up... Or did the running game get better and that let Sammy get deep???

Look for Clay and Woods to have big games against the Jets.

I think it was the other way around.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

@BuffaloBillsPR

First career two touchdown day for @buffalobills RB @Karlos_29_SR. Also is the 1st Bill w/ 2 rushing TDs since Fred Jackson at CLE in '13.

.@buffalobills RB Karlos Williams is the first #Bills rookie with two rushing TDs since Antowain Smith in 1997.

CTUUdJ-VAAAVext.jpg

LeSean McCoy & Karlos Williams are the first @buffalobills RB duo to each go over 100-yards since Marshawn Lynch & Fred Jackson in 2007.

Carwell Gardner anyone?

One game.

Agree that the Giants game skewed my analysis. I guess we will have to see how he does in the future if he is forced into the lead back role.

@BuffaloBillsPR

First career two touchdown day for @buffalobills RB @Karlos_29_SR. Also is the 1st Bill w/ 2 rushing TDs since Fred Jackson at CLE in '13.

.@buffalobills RB Karlos Williams is the first #Bills rookie with two rushing TDs since Antowain Smith in 1997.

CTUUdJ-VAAAVext.jpg

LeSean McCoy & Karlos Williams are the first @buffalobills RB duo to each go over 100-yards since Marshawn Lynch & Fred Jackson in 2007.

Kinda fitting considering the styles :)

You''d object to a formation which included: Watkins, Clay, McCoy, Karlos, Woods? Not all the time mind you, but mix it into the rotation. Get the playmakers on the field and let the defense pick their poison. It could be really lethal.

I think history has shown that having two tailbacks in the backfield at once doesn't really break down a defense.....it actually tends to tighten up their run D by bringing a defender into the box and lessens the pass attack by potentially putting a lesser receiver into the mix......and yes, Karlos and Shady are lesser receivers than even Woods or Hogan.

And I really don't want to see Karlos or Shady performing the blocking duties of a fullback....given their head and shoulder issues.