Thank Drew...

JoeF

The man is a class act. Things didn't work out the way any of us would have hoped, but I was impressed by his values and his dedication to family.

Thanks also for 8 games in 2002 when he took me from deep despair about this team to elation...I wish him the best of luck where the NFL road takes him for the 05 season.

The man is a class act.  Things didn't work out the way any of us would have hoped, but I was impressed by his values and his dedication to family. 

Thanks also for 8 games in 2002 when he took me from deep despair about this team to elation...I wish him the best of luck where the NFL road takes him for the 05 season.

240877[/snapback]

However, the NE home game in 2002 ranks as my all-time worst experience at the Ralph. Drew contributed much to make that a very bad day.

Ditto. While I still have some reservation about releasing DB I also fully understand you gotta move on and try something new in life sometimes, this seemingly is one of those football times.

Regardless, DB (aside from Frank Reich) was probably the most stand up, respected, mature and worthy of role model status we as Bills fans could have possibly asked for from the QB position.

No negatives to speak of from a character standpoint (unlike most if not all others in RECENT team history).

Well done DB. Onward to rooting for the Bills under the leadership of JPL.

I think we all like Drew and wish him well. He truly is a class act, but not quite as "stand up" as he could be. What I mean is, he should be more aware of himself. He ought to know that he's not worth 4 million per year. He ought to know that his time as a backup has begun. He's simply not quick of mind. And you have to be.

He'll either be a:

1. Cowboy -- most likely.

2. Brown -- Crennel likes big arms, or so I hear. I hope he likes missed reads, too.

3. Seahawk -- Don't count out Bledsoe wanting to play for his home team, even as a backup. He might see it as a convenience. He'll surely rot out there, as he spends more time with family than with his playbook.

4. Chief -- Vermeil likes old guys at the helm.

5. Raider -- Nobody likes old guys on the cusp of retirement as much as Al Davis.

6. Bear -- They're pretty desperate for a healthy passer.

7. Raven -- Seriously. Billick loves big arms, but there's no way he gives him the starting job.

What I mean is, he should be more aware of himself. He ought to know that he's not worth 4 million per year. He ought to know that his time as a backup has begun. He's simply not quick of mind. And you have to be.

nod, this is dead on....I sure haven't heard many objective analysts say he still has the skills to lead his team to the Super Bowl. I still think the best place for him would be Buffalo--but its tough to tell someone who has been not just a starter, but the proverbial golden boy, for probably the last 20 years (including jr. high, high school, college and pro)--that the talent, timing, awareness are slipping...

I just wish him the best...