Mike zimmer on gregg-o in press conference

I've watched it about a dozen times, and I haven't yet seen how this is true. If you're taking a cheap shot, you launch yourself into they guy and spear him. You don't launch yourself to the side, then hit him with your elbow.

When a QB slides he is giving himself up with the understanding he wont be hit. Not only was he hit but he was KO'd. That was the definition of a cheap shot.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People trusted you - you just didn't actually say what he said at all

I don't think Dave paraphrased Zimmer at all. I think it was Dave making his own comment about Greggo after hearing what Zimmer said on TV.

I've watched it about a dozen times, and I haven't yet seen how this is true. If you're taking a cheap shot, you launch yourself into they guy and spear him. You don't launch yourself to the side, then hit him with your elbow.

That's one of the cheapest shots i've seen in a while. Elbow shiv to the head, driving the head into the ground.

Gregg is a dirtbag. Good for Zimmer calling him out. Did anyone else catch Rodney Harrison call out Fisher a few minutes ago on Football Night? He said while playing against Fisher's team (Titans I guess?), one of the Titans(?) cut out his legs on a play. He said he looked up and saw Fisher laughing as he was hurt on the ground.

People trusted you - you just didn't actually say what he said at all

?? -- i sure as heck did.

Gregg is a dirtbag. Good for Zimmer calling him out. Did anyone else catch Rodney Harrison call out Fisher a few minutes ago on Football Night? He said while playing against Fisher's team (Titans I guess?), one of the Titans(?) cut out his legs on a play. He said he looked up and saw Fisher laughing as he was hurt on the ground.

Harrison was great about this. Edited by dave mcbride

We didn't all see the comments, so no one knew what you were commenting on.

Whatever. I was typing quickly, and figured some of us were watching highlights. Presumably, everyone knows now.

We didn't all see the comments, so no one knew what you were commenting on.

No saint - if i'm reading him correctly - was also questioning my veracity. Which confuses me.

Whatever. I was typing quickly, and figured some of us were watching highlights. Presumably, everyone knows now.

No saint - if i'm reading him correctly - was also questioning my veracity. Which confuses me.

I thought he meant you didn't say what the comments were. Most topics like this put the comments in question in the OP, and your own comments were ambiguous enough to look like what was actually said.

He launched himself at full speed about a foot off the ground against a guy who was sliding. He saw the guy start to go down and then launched low to make sure he could hit him anyway. The fact that he targeted his head instead of spearing him shows how cheap it was. That was totally intentional otherwise he would've been targeting his legs or torso and gone over him when he slid.

I think you captured it perfectly. I think the league will see it the same way tomorrow. Not sure how anyone cannot see that as a cheap shot, especially with the QB giving himself up.

It'd be odd to question your veracity when all you posted was that Zimmerman referred to Williams in a press conference and that you don't like Gregg. You really gave none of the relevant info in the OP.

It'd be odd to question your veracity when all you posted was that Zimmerman referred to Williams in a press conference and that you don't like Gregg. You really gave none of the relevant info in the OP.

Chill out a bit won't you? One of the best posters on this board got excited and distracted and started and incomplete half-post without enough information for some of you (I was reading the same report so immediately knew what he was talking about). That's worth attacking him for, really? This board is littered with half-baked nonsense. Dave McBride is not the problem. Move on dude.

Whatever, man. Williams is a d**k. I'll stand by that. Edited by dave mcbride

Chill out a bit won't you? One of the best posters on this board got excited and distracted and started and incomplete half-post without enough information for some of you (I was reading the same report so immediately knew what he was talking about). That's worth attacking him for, really? This board is littered with half-baked nonsense. Dave McBride is not the problem. Move on dude.

I'm absolutely not attacking him. I was chiming in with why I thought he got the reaction he did (which he both noted surprised him even after reviewing his post, and he directly addressed me about). Ol Dave and I chat on here pretty darn regularly and I can assure you that your defensiveness here is far from needed. I'm not attacking him in the slightest, just letting him know the initial confusion was that he didn't put the quotes in the post not that people thought he was making it up.

Whatever, man. Williams is a d**k. I'll stand by that.

Won't here any argument from me. I maintain that it amazes me that Jeff fisher is seen as one of the untouchable guys of the league when he's been Greggs biggest supporter and closest partner

I'm absolutely not attacking him. I was chiming in with why I thought he got the reaction he did (which he both noted surprised him even after reviewing his post, and he directly addressed me about). Ol Dave and I chat on here pretty darn regularly and I can assure you that your defensiveness here is far from needed. I'm not attacking him in the slightest, just letting him know the initial confusion was that he didn't put the quotes in the post not that people thought he was making it up.

Fair point. I absolutely respect your opinions. Have you seen the Zimmer response yet?

I don't think anyone is attacking DMB.

Won't here any argument from me. I maintain that it amazes me that Jeff fisher is seen as one of the untouchable guys of the league when he's been Greggs biggest supporter and closest partner

Totally agree about fisher -- williams is his creature, yet he evades responsibility. The rodney harrison comments about fisher tonight were good (whatever one thinks of harrison).

there is only one way to cheap shot a guy? He went after his head, when the QB was sliding, and slammed his head into the turf. One the most blatant cheap shots I've seen.