Mike zimmer on gregg-o in press conference

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/08/mike-zimmer-calls-out-rams-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams-after-cheap-shot-on-teddy-bridgewater/

He told reporters, “if we were on the street, there probably would have been a fight,” in regard to the hit. He also referenced history with defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.
H.C. Mike Zimmer: "I agree that it was a cheap shot. [Gregg Williams'] defenses are all like that."
Edited by Heitz

Totally a cheap shot. Launched himself at the head of a sliding QB and knocked him out... cold.

I've watched it about a dozen times, and I haven't yet seen how this is true. If you're taking a cheap shot, you launch yourself into they guy and spear him. You don't launch yourself to the side, then hit him with your elbow.

I've watched it about a dozen times, and I haven't yet seen how this is true. If you're taking a cheap shot, you launch yourself into they guy and spear him. You don't launch yourself to the side, then hit him with your elbow.

He launched himself at full speed about a foot off the ground against a guy who was sliding. He saw the guy start to go down and then launched low to make sure he could hit him anyway. The fact that he targeted his head instead of spearing him shows how cheap it was. That was totally intentional otherwise he would've been targeting his legs or torso and gone over him when he slid.

Edited by vincec