Bills v fins second half game thread

Beerball

So Roman does know what he is doing?

I've been relatively ok with Roman this year... there's some absolutely confusing play calls at times (too much trickery), but otherwise I think we have a good offense when most of our starters out there. Our depth is a concern though, as evidenced by the last two weeks.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This strengthens Ryan's case for getting his team healthy. Watkins, McCoy, and Williams all have missed time the last few weeks and were huge today. Without them we don't win.

For sure. It's what people have been saying for weeks. It's hard to win with a backup QB, 3rd and 4th string RB, both top WRs out, and your whole right side of the OL on the shelf.

No team can win consistently with that MASH list of injuries.

how much does Rex love the phrase "This just in"

Too much. Obviously it's his obviously.

I've been relatively ok with Roman this year... there's some absolutely confusing play calls at times (too much trickery), but otherwise I think we have a good offense when most of our starters out there. Our depth is a concern though, as evidenced by the last two weeks.

I thought it was cool to pull out the trick play cards, even if poorly executed, ( and read well by the Dolphins) but that makes the game interesting for opposing DCs.

Team win for sure.

the found the depth to be a concern?

Not that I'm predicting Super Bowl or anything, but this is crazy talk. Team has looked good.

This is a dominating win.

Yes the D sure looked dominating on those back to back 80+ yard drives by Miami. For once the O bailed them out, but this was an ugly game for 3 quarters. Bills won the fourth quarter decisively . If they play like that for 3 quarters against anyone but MIami, they get beat. Happy for the win, but it did not look good for the first 3 quarters.

Edited by xsoldier54

This strengthens Ryan's case for getting his team healthy. Watkins, McCoy, and Williams all have missed time the last few weeks and were huge today. Without them we don't win.

agreed. The Healthy Bills are a threat. just ask Sammy and Lesean

I thought it was cool to pull out the trick play cards, even if poorly executed, ( and read well by the Dolphins) but that makes the game interesting for opposing DCs.

Team win for sure.

the found the depth to be a concern?

Maybe I'm overly conservative, but I feel like they are best used in times of desperation, especially if we're moving the ball well 'traditionally'.

Yes the D sure looked dominating on those back to back 80+ yard drives by Miami. For once the O bailed them out, but this was an ugly game for 3 quarters. Bills won the fourth quarter decisively . If they play like that for 3 quarters against anyone but MIami, they get beat. Happy for the win, but it did not look good for the first 3 quarters.

yay...

Maybe I'm overly conservative, but I feel like they are best used in times of desperation, especially if we're moving the ball well 'traditionally'.

well thats a discussion in itself D.

If Miami stuffs the ball in at the end of the half, and we don't get away with a hold, this game would be much different. It was closer than the score says, and the defense was problematic for 2.5 quarters. I don't understand why people can't show concern about parts of the team, even in victory.

The D stepped up, and our offense kept clicking, so again, awesome team victory :)

Nobody said it was a perfect game. But if you were to watch all games with as much interest and passion as we watch our Bills games, you'd notice they're all about as "ugly" as this one. It's like watching your kids play sports, you watch every move they make, focus on what they did wrong, and ignore the fact that everybody else's kid is making mistakes too.

Nobody said it was a perfect game. But if you were to watch all games with as much interest and passion as we watch our Bills games, you'd notice they're all about as "ugly" as this one. It's like watching your kids play sports, you watch every move they make, focus on what they did wrong, and ignore the fact that everybody else's kid is making mistakes too.

Well put.

damn. thats a fine analogy

That's fair. And I'll add that even though some of us were critical about mistakes or issues we can also recognize when they get corrected or overcome. I criticized the Bills for not making adjustments like Miami did in the first half. That was the case at the time, but the Bills did correct that and also started to do some things that Miami couldn't figure out in time.