Marriot HarborCenter Quick Review

plenzmd1

We always seem to get questions about where to stay for a game, and cause this place is new will throw in my quick review.

Staying in a king room with a lake view. Room is very big, enough room for sectional couch in the corner next to the window.

Obviously very new, but what's very nice is wood laminate flooring( close enough to real hard wood) thought the room. Area rug beneath the bed to keep your tootsies warm when they hit the floor, but the flooring gives the room a really nice upscale touch.

Bedding etc all what you expect at a full service Marriot.

TV is exceptional, nice 56 inch with great and easy remote. Even the sleep button is clearly marked and easy to find!

Bathroom hard for me to judge as we are in an accessible room , but seems like standard Marriot fixtures and appointments.

Lobby and bar are very attractive, but the bar is quite expensive, and not just by Buffalo standards. Manhattan with Knob Creek was $13, draft of craft was $8, decent wine was $15 for a six ounce pour .

Only bad design is the valet drop off area. Just plain not big enough.

View of the lake , grain elevators, ship and Canalside awesome. Also be great to be inside the arena 2 minutes after you leave hotel.

Overall, I think this place is great , especially with the family.

Embassy Suites , Lofts on Pearl and Comfort suites prolly still better with a crew of guys in for Bills game.

How was the pool? Laminte flooring are being used in hotels now to reduce Bed Bugs potential!

I did not know that!

Pool is slow, too many waves form the boats!

BTW, just did a short run around downtown, sometimes forgot all the truly awesome buildings down here.

We always seem to get questions about where to stay for a game, and cause this place is new will throw in my quick review.

Staying in a king room with a lake view. Room is very big, enough room for sectional couch in the corner next to the window.

Obviously very new, but what's very nice is wood laminate flooring( close enough to real hard wood) thought the room. Area rug beneath the bed to keep your tootsies warm when they hit the floor, but the flooring gives the room a really nice upscale touch.

Bedding etc all what you expect at a full service Marriot.

TV is exceptional, nice 56 inch with great and easy remote. Even the sleep button is clearly marked and easy to find!

Bathroom hard for me to judge as we are in an accessible room , but seems like standard Marriot fixtures and appointments.

Lobby and bar are very attractive, but the bar is quite expensive, and not just by Buffalo standards. Manhattan with Knob Creek was $13, draft of craft was $8, decent wine was $15 for a six ounce pour .

Only bad design is the valet drop off area. Just plain not big enough.

View of the lake , grain elevators, ship and Canalside awesome. Also be great to be inside the arena 2 minutes after you leave hotel.

Overall, I think this place is great , especially with the family.

Embassy Suites , Lofts on Pearl and Comfort suites prolly still better with a crew of guys in for Bills game.

Jesus those are downtown SF booze prices.

Hilton oceanfront is where all the Cougars reside. Can't come off as cheap if you want to go to the promised land.

Ok you pay $15 plus for a cocktail at the Hilton Oceanfront I'll pay $12 for a cocktail at the Palace in San Francisco and we'll compare cougar notes. :D

I will say the Hilton on VA.Beach is the most heavily traveled piece of real estate by tourists in a tourist centric town. Kind of like comparing getting a beer at a game to getting a beer at your local tavern.

I went to No Frill prolly two weeks ago, ( bout mile from ocean from Jim , but nice place. Manhattan $10.

Also, I goofed up the price here was $13 for well, $15 for the Knob Creek.

$15 expensive anywhere, but a schock to the system when in Buffalo!

Crimminy, took 11 people out for wings and pizza and beers and wine last night, bill was $165 with tip! And we had a large left over.