Steelers release Dri Archer

YoloinOhio

Anyone else surprised by this? He was a 3rd pick last year

@AroundTheNFL: Steelers announce they've released Dri Archer, claimed WR Jacoby Jones. Archer had fastest 40 time at 2014 combine

My sons team scrimmaged against his team in high school. Let's just say it was not fair. :(

Anyone else surprised by this? He was a 3rd pick last year

@AroundTheNFL: Steelers announce they've released Dri Archer, claimed WR Jacoby Jones. Archer had fastest 40 time at 2014 combine

Speed can be overrated if the guy can't play (Reference: T.J. Graham)

Yes, but a different definition of "can't."

I'll give Harvin a pass on this but even when Goodwin is healthy it just means he's about to get hurt again. The guy hurts himself running 90% of the time without the ball even being near him.

Edited by The Wiz

I'll give Harvin a pass on this but even when Goodwin is healthy it just means he's about to get hurt again. The guy hurts himself running 90% of the time without the ball even being near him.

That's why the Olympics are perfect for him - he can only run a few seconds before something goes wrong. And no touching is allowed!

Crazy that they actually drafted Archer (3rd round) ahead of Martavis Bryant (4th rd)

It goes to show what a crap shoot the draft is, and why it's so hard to build a good team.