Advice AND Prayers needed

plenzmd1

Been there.....done that.....make sure your insurance covers what it needs to and make sure you buy her the equipment for hands free for her phone.

Still against the law in some states.

"Cell phone use while driving including a hands free device, is prohibited for drivers under age 19, except in the case of an emergency."

The above is Illinois.

Plenz... Check your state laws. Graduated license in Illinois (15-18 year olds) won't even allow them to use hands free until they are 19.

https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/drivers/teen_driver_safety/gdl.html

Get the Bunn "My Cafe." It brews K-Cups AND regular grind.

Also... Bunn is very good w/the warranty... No questions asked, they will just send out another unit if one should fail.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just relating my experience. I would not presume to tell you what works best for you. :doh:

My main point, which seems to not apply to your daughter, is that many young people expect that getting a license and driving a car is a given. Too many people do not teach their children responsibility.

Life is a B word. My children also had schedules that included work, school, and optional after school activities.

The world is not that different!

Sorry I cam off like an ass Rock, was. Not my intention. Agree 100% on the responsibility point.

When you cold brew, do you then drink it cold/room temperature? Have heard a lot of buzz about cold brewing, but not too familiar with it.

You can drink it cold or hot. You make a pitcher of coffee concentrate that you keep in the fridge. If you want a hot cup of coffee, put 1/2 of a coffee cup of water in the microwave for a minute and then fill the rest with the coffee concentrate. For iced, put the concentrate over ice and add some water.

You can drink it cold or hot. You make a pitcher of coffee concentrate that you keep in the fridge. If you want a hot cup of coffee, put 1/2 of a coffee cup of water in the microwave for a minute and then fill the rest with the coffee concentrate. For iced, put the concentrate over ice and add some water.

Microwave?!?!

Are we the only ones on the planet without one? When we bought our house 3 years ago we redid the kitchen and tried to go without one. We wanted as much workable counter space as possible. We have not really missed it.

i'm gonna check this cold brewing method out, i've had it before, never did it myself. seems very simple and really don't need special equipment

Couple things about Keurig:

1. Keurig now makes K-Mugs in addition to K-Cups for the 2.0. They advertise the K-Mugs as 16oz, but there's not setting on the machine that I can find (I've checked them all) that goes above 14oz, but it's still way better than the 8oz K-cups that were worthless to me. They're pretty new, and the only ones I've seen for sale so far are through Keurig.

2. If you look for coupon codes online and pay attention to the deals on Keurig, you can get the cost down. Between codes and free shipping on orders over a certain amount, I get the cost down to about 85 cents a cup. Of course that's more than traditional brewing, but a lot less than buying your cup on from a vendor.

3. The 2.0 also comes with a carafe option in case you need it occasionally, which is good to have.

Can't help you on the Keurig but complete empathy about your child driving alone the first time. My son took a car to college & I found that even more difficult so you have that to ponder in the future. A couple of things to consider regarding your child driving your car. There are two options: 1.) Title/register the car in their name. He/she owns the car. This protects your liability but the cost of insurance will skyrocket. 2.) If the car title is in your name you may wish to have an umbrella policy to help limit your liability in the event of a catastrophic accident. This situation would be if something happened to someone else besides your child and you want to protect your assets in our highly litigious society.

Sorry I cam off like an ass Rock, was. Not my intention. Agree 100% on the responsibility point.

You did not come off as an ass. :oops:

No apology needed. I had three daughters and a son and was delighted when they all had their own wheels!

I also had trouble sleeping until I heard them get home.

Can't help you on the Keurig but complete empathy about your child driving alone the first time. My son took a car to college & I found that even more difficult so you have that to ponder in the future. A couple of things to consider regarding your child driving your car. There are two options: 1.) Title/register the car in their name. He/she owns the car. This protects your liability but the cost of insurance will skyrocket. 2.) If the car title is in your name you may wish to have an umbrella policy to help limit your liability in the event of a catastrophic accident. This situation would be if something happened to someone else besides your child and you want to protect your assets in our highly litigious society.

We already have an umbrella policy, I assume that covers her driving as well. But I should check. And damn, insurance for a girl was freaking pricey, can only image when my knucklehead son starts driving in 18 months!

We already have an umbrella policy, I assume that covers her driving as well. But I should check. And damn, insurance for a girl was freaking pricey, can only image when my knucklehead son starts driving in 18 months!

Get her a boyfriend! :nana:

My 17 year old son has a girlfriend and is always driving. Isn't that what guys do? :wallbash::wallbash: No wonder insurance is higher for the guys!

I didn't learn anything from my father. When he met my mother in the late 1950's... SHE had the vehicle. :D Smart man! Dumb me! :thumbdown: