Advice AND Prayers needed

plenzmd1

Uh oh!! :o

Ha!

Thanks for the all Keurig stuff...for the last three years pretty much been stopping at 7-11 when picking her up at practice. Tomorrow no 4 AM wakeup :worthy: No 6.30 AM picking her up. No more driving her somewhere else at 4:30 for another workout!

And you guys can tell me till the cows come home she should pay for her own insurance. aint going to happen!

I defy any of you guys to have a day that starts at 4.00 AM everyday but Sunday, ends no earlier than 8 with homework (with no real breaks in between)...and go out and get a second job to pay for something you don't have right now.

Different world now...she works 10 times harder than i do.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all -- everybody knows single-serve is more expensive than traditional brewing. If the cost of owning a single-serve coffee machine is prohibitive for you, then your decision is easy. Clearly, that's not the issue for the OP.

Secondly -- enough with the "much better product" nonsense. Unless you're that much of a snob, the difference in quality for your 1-2 cups a day isn't even worth mentioning.

Sorry about your bad taste in coffee. This isn't really disputed by anybody except perhaps people that have never actually tasted it before. That's roughly akin to saying there's no difference between a mcdonalds hamburger and a kobe beef burger from Ruth's Cris

It's about as expensive to brew 1-2 cups a day with a Keurig as to make a whole pot using whole beans and a grinder. The latter method produces MUCH better coffee. I was a keurig guy for a while, then switched back and couldnt be happier.

My daughter is 16 and on her 3rd month of driving on her permit - God help us both, but I am ready for her to get her license so I don't have to defer happy hour any longer

Cost is less of an issue. I like the Keurig for the ease of use-- no grinding, clean-up, etc.

I will say this-- there is a great coffee place in my building and I can get a large for under $2, and the quality is much better than the k-cups. So, most mornings I just buy there, even though spending $10 a week on coffee is less than ideal I use my Keurig on the weekends mostly.

We have a Keurig and it's passable for when you just need a quick cup.

We also have a 4-cup cone drip machine, and grind our own beans. Doesn't really take much time or effort, doesn't create wasted coffee, and you can make it as strong as you want with the beans you prefert. Buy whole beans on eBay, Walmart or Amazon and it's cheap too! I'm partial to Starbucks Sumatra; usually runs me about $7 for a 12-oz bag online.

Keurig is bad for the environment.

Why? And just so you know I am a good dyed in the wool liberal and I do like the NYT

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/the-reign-of-recycling.html?referer=

And BTW, still up at 4:30, can't wait for her to get home. 5:45 now, so nervous next 40 minutes!

Edited by plenzmd1

$17.00 Black & Decker 12 cup coffee maker does it for me. I've been the Keurig route and didn't like being tied to single cups at a time; not as flexible as an old school coffee machine which lets me have a cup then fill the travel mug.

I got nothing for the daughter driving thing.

Yea, i went back to my old ways and just ordered a Presto Percolator for $37. Had one from 95-2012...when it died just about same time i started driving to practice in the AM.

BTW, she made it home just fine...and just left for school with her brother ...i think i will get used to not having to drive them everywhere :worthy: !

Why? And just so you know I am a good dyed in the wool liberal and I do like the NYT

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/opinion/sunday/the-reign-of-recycling.html?referer=

And BTW, still up at 4:30, can't wait for her to get home. 5:45 now, so nervous next 40 minutes!

The K-Cups were not recyclable but now looks like they are but how many people put them in the recycling bin? I know no one in my office does. I only drink coffee at home and we have a reusable filter so where is zero waste when we make coffee other than the grounds.

The K-Cups were not recyclable but now looks like they are but how many people put them in the recycling bin? I know no one in my office does. I only drink coffee at home and we have a reusable filter so where is zero waste when we make coffee other than the grounds.

Would not recycle them even if i could. No way that is good for either the environment or society as a whole. I know, i know, i an arsehole...i have just never seen an argument that makes sense where recycling anything put paper,cardboard, and metal make any sense for either the environment or society as a whole.

And you guys can tell me till the cows come home she should pay for her own insurance. aint going to happen!

I defy any of you guys to have a day that starts at 4.00 AM everyday but Sunday, ends no earlier than 8 with homework (with no real breaks in between)...and go out and get a second job to pay for something you don't have right now.

Different world now...she works 10 times harder than i do.

I was just relating my experience. I would not presume to tell you what works best for you. :doh:

My main point, which seems to not apply to your daughter, is that many young people expect that getting a license and driving a car is a given. Too many people do not teach their children responsibility.

Life is a B word. My children also had schedules that included work, school, and optional after school activities.

The world is not that different!