McCown Out for the Season; Manziel Out with Concussion

Good tuteledge only works with one who wants to be "tuteled." Johnny Footfall has never exhibited any inclination in that regard at any level of football he's played. He is just not committed to being a student of the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. I believe it is proven by the link posted

Manziel on his benching: 'I was forced to learn a hard lesson'

"I was forced to learn a hard lesson," Manziel said, according to Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer. "I had to learn the hard way and I'm lucky to be back in the position that I'm in and being the starter again so I'm definitely not taking that lightly.

He's back because they have little option.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compassion for JM?? That comment allows anyone who wasn't convinced long ago to conclude you are FOS.

If the "higher ups" (hilarious....why not call them the "grand muckity mucks" grampa?) demanded JM to start it was because they were tired of Pettine's silly act with the benching, unbenching, etc---even Hallam, a man with no shame, are embarrassed as his HC took "laughing stock of the NFL" a quantum leap beyond where they had been.

Everyone KNEW Pettine's "punishment" was going to last one week tops. We knew Austin wasn't going to save Pettine's dumb ass. Petting further embarrassed himself by pretending he was actually mulling this decision over real hard before making it, despite it already having been announced for days as a done deal.

Yes, compassion. It's no surprise you have no idea what it is or means.

Yes, higher-ups. It's a commonly used term. Google it.

And Pettine has a far better idea about what kind of future Goofball has than the HIGHER-UPS who don't see him everyday in practice, or during games, or who care more about selling tickets or trying to make their mistake look better because Jimbo drafted him because Goofball begged him to. Yanking him in and out of the lineup isn't going to make a difference in his career trajectory, but maybe, just maybe, he'll get the idea that this isn't college anymore and drinking yourself silly isn't acceptable anymore. But most likely, not.

Good tuteledge only works with one who wants to be "tuteled." Johnny Footfall has never exhibited any inclination in that regard at any level of football he's played. He is just not committed to being a student of the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly.

Do you remember Billy Joe Hobert? I don't recall anyone forcing Marv Levy to play him or even keep a QB who self-admittedly didn't want to work on his craft on the roster. As I recall, Marv was gobknobbed for running BJH out of town on a rail.

Yes, compassion. It's no surprise you have no idea what it is or means.

Yes, higher-ups. It's a commonly used term. Google it.

And Pettine has a far better idea about what kind of future Goofball has than the HIGHER-UPS who don't see him everyday in practice, or during games, or who care more about selling tickets or trying to make their mistake look better because Jimbo drafted him because Goofball begged him to. Yanking him in and out of the lineup isn't going to make a difference in his career trajectory, but maybe, just maybe, he'll get the idea that this isn't college anymore and drinking yourself silly isn't acceptable anymore. But most likely, not.

Yes, your compassion shines right through when you call him "an alky", "chump", "Johnny Goofball" and (doubling down on the clever) shortening it to "Goof". And by saying he would bring Gatorade to Austin (who you described as "a scrub"). All of that demonstrates a "sympathetic pity for the sufferings or misfortunes of others". More gold!

And, as usual, your pretzel logic falls short. On the one hand, you say that the Browns have no choice but to start JM. Yet you also say that only Pettine knows he's not fit to start because of some deficits that only he (and not the GM--a "higher up"?) can see "in practice, or during games". Can't be both doc.

Honest question, how many times has JM "drank himself silly" and not been able to practice or play? Is it as frequent as you are implying?

How many people were unhappy with Jim for his early antics and not wanting to play in Buffalo?

I don't recall any drinking problems as I was probably just as drunk but I may have not liked Jim for his anti Buffalo stance.

Many.

Folks have short memories. Because Jimbo eventually did some great things and now embraces Buffalo, they forget he was just "okay" his first two years in the NFL, he was a partier, and the team wasn't winning. The inherent logical fallacy is "Yeah Kelly was a partier, but he's a HoFer." That's what he is now. Not what he was when he started.

To be fair, Kelly's antics were not nearly as well known. I think if social media had been a thing back then, Kelly would've gotten killed. Maybe his whole career.

Edited by FireChan

Yes, your compassion shines right through when you call him "an alky", "chump", "Johnny Goofball" and (doubling down on the clever) shortening it to "Goof". And by saying he would bring Gatorade to Austin (who you described as "a scrub"). All of that demonstrates a "sympathetic pity for the sufferings or misfortunes of others". More gold!

And, as usual, your pretzel logic falls short. On the one hand, you say that the Browns have no choice but to start JM. Yet you also say that only Pettine knows he's not fit to start because of some deficits that only he (and not the GM--a "higher up"?) can see "in practice, or during games". Can't be both doc.

Honest question, how many times has JM "drank himself silly" and not been able to practice or play? Is it as frequent as you are implying?

Just because I don't care for how someone acts, especially someone who hasn't done anything wrong to me personally, it doesn't mean I want to see his/her life ruined. You apparently do. Oh well.

My logic is like a pretzel...rod. I said Pettine has no choice because McCown is out and Davis isn't a former 1st rounder who was hand-selected by the owner. Hence "the higher-ups are making the decision." And again, he won't do anything to jeopardize the remainder of the contract he has due when he gets fired by going against the front office/owner (remember Wade and Ralph?). Had he been fully on-board with starting Goofball, he'd have said on Monday "Johnny Manziel is the starter from here on out." He couldn't even bring himself to say that he was the starter for even the next game.

I don't know how many times he's drunk himself silly, but seeing as how he had to check himself into rehab earlier this year, I'd figure it's happened at least once. In any case, given that he has a problem with alcohol, any consumption is a red flag, and it's even worse when it's during the season. The lying about it only compounds the problem. Goofball even admitted he had a lesson to learn, so I'm not sure why you're making excuses for him. You were on EJ's case from the minute he was drafted and he had no baggage, unlike this guy.

its funny, that the brownies have nearly no choice but to start the Goof. nearly, no choice.

is this some kind of in fighting thing, cuz it aint about making the playoffs.

Just because I don't care for how someone acts, especially someone who hasn't done anything wrong to me personally, it doesn't mean I want to see his/her life ruined. You apparently do. Oh well.

My logic is like a pretzel...rod. I said Pettine has no choice because McCown is out and Davis isn't a former 1st rounder who was hand-selected by the owner. Hence "the higher-ups are making the decision." And again, he won't do anything to jeopardize the remainder of the contract he has due when he gets fired by going against the front office/owner (remember Wade and Ralph?). Had he been fully on-board with starting Goofball, he'd have said on Monday "Johnny Manziel is the starter from here on out." He couldn't even bring himself to say that he was the starter for even the next game.

I don't know how many times he's drunk himself silly, but seeing as how he had to check himself into rehab earlier this year, I'd figure it's happened at least once. In any case, given that he has a problem with alcohol, any consumption is a red flag, and it's even worse when it's during the season. The lying about it only compounds the problem. Goofball even admitted he had a lesson to learn, so I'm not sure why you're making excuses for him. You were on EJ's case from the minute he was drafted and he had no baggage, unlike this guy.

who cares if he is a drunken liar coke head. i dont . Can he win on Sunday?

Isn't winning all that truly matters to team Owners?

you are lying if you say no.

its funny, that the brownies have nearly no choice but to start the Goof. nearly, no choice.

is this some kind of in fighting thing, cuz it aint about making the playoffs.

who cares if he is a drunken liar coke head. i dont . Can he win on Sunday?

Isn't winning all that truly matters to team Owners?

you are lying if you say no.

Winning obviously matters. Does Goofball have what it takes to win? He hasn't shown it yet. Add in the drinking and lying and it's not a good recipe for success.

RG3. Tim Tebow. There are many "greats". Great athletes. Very successful in college and with loyal legions of fans.

Manziel has that too.

On the other hand

What he doesn't have is a proven track record in the NFL on the field. In an age when coaches get on the radio and preach non-stop about "good, quick decision making, especially at the QB position", Manziel has swirled in controversy. Why isn't he playing? Some might say he's shown a real lack of good decision making. A lack of commitment.

On the third hand

But play him anyway!

The good news for the "play him" proponents is that the Browns are going to play him.

Get your popcorn ready.

RG3. Tim Tebow. There are many "greats". Great athletes. Very successful in college and with loyal legions of fans.

Manziel has that too.

On the other hand

What he doesn't have is a proven track record in the NFL on the field. In an age when coaches get on the radio and preach non-stop about "good, quick decision making, especially at the QB position", Manziel has swirled in controversy. Why isn't he playing? Some might say he's shown a real lack of good decision making. A lack of commitment.

On the third hand

But play him anyway!

The good news for the "play him" proponents is that the Browns are going to play him.

Get your popcorn ready.

It would have been interesting to see who they would have gone with if McCown didn't get injured.

The franchise reeks of dysfunction. Who knows? But I doubt it would've changed much of anything in the bottom line.

Even when things go right the Browns are a mess. Got two first round picks? Bust them both. But I do hope they get something for Johnny Football from Jerruh Football. I'd love to see the Cowboys founder even more.