McCown Out for the Season; Manziel Out with Concussion

If you're an alcoholic, there is no such thing as "letting off a little steam" or "social drinking". This is a move based on the character (or lack thereof) of one Johnny Manziel. It's not Pettine's fault he was saddled with an immature alcoholic QB. JFF needs to wake up and wake up fast. He's headed to Cryin' Leaf and Art Schlichter country.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

browns cut manuel we better jump on it

big upgrade to taylor

so ...you just say things to get a reaction?

You know its getting desparate when counting on Cleveland to do your dirty work

like every other 5-5 team (there are 4 of us) rooting for the 2 and 3 win teams to beat the other 5-5 teams in the WC race? Guess they are all desperate, yes. Edited by YoloinOhio

@AroundTheNFL

Have the Browns had it with Manziel? @judybattista weighs in http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000587429/Battista-Browns-have-had-it-with-Manziel

@AroundTheNFL

Pettine was always reluctant to play Manziel, says @Rand_Getlin http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-nfl/0ap3000000587404/Getlin-Pettine-was-always-reluctant-to-play-Manziel

What's Johnny Manziel's future in the NFL? (3:50)
Johnny Manziel was demoted to third string after a video of the QB partying surfaced. NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala discusses the future of the second-year pro.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If you're an alcoholic, there is no such thing as "letting off a little steam" or "social drinking". This is a move based on the character (or lack thereof) of one Johnny Manziel. It's not Pettine's fault he was saddled with an immature alcoholic QB. JFF needs to wake up and wake up fast. He's headed to Cryin' Leaf and Art Schlichter country.

Alcoholic are you? Have a close family member who has suffered the disease?

He is done in Cleveland. He will get one attempted reclamation project opportunity for the same reason that I think EJ Manuel will - the standard of back ups around the league stinks so teams will gamble on guys with talent who have not been able to put it all together.

However, I never thought Johnny Manziel was a Quarterback who was going to have success in the National Football League as a starter and his dream of being a starter is all but over now.

He is done in Cleveland. He will get one attempted reclamation project opportunity for the same reason that I think EJ Manuel will - the standard of back ups around the league stinks so teams will gamble on guys with talent who have not been able to put it all together.

However, I never thought Johnny Manziel was a Quarterback who was going to have success in the National Football League as a starter and his dream of being a starter is all but over now.

if Chip is still in Philly this offseason, I think he will sign him if he's cut. He recruited him to Oregon and he was verbally committed there before Mariota committed and then he flipped to A&M. He fits that offense. Otherwise I'm not sure who would bother. then again there's always Jerry World. Edited by YoloinOhio

so ...you just say things to get a reaction?

like every other 5-5 team (there are 4 of us) rooting for the 2 and 3 win teams to beat the other 5-5 teams in the WC race? Guess they are all desperate, yes.

After another low output performance with known weaknesses compketely on display, how anyone can think TT is the answer is beyond me, and simply dismiss other names uselss. Because Imo manziel had a ton more game and potential than Taylor.

After another low output performance with known weaknesses compketely on display, how anyone can think TT is the answer is beyond me, and simply dismiss other names uselss. Because Imo manziel had a ton more game and potential than Taylor.

no one said Taylor is the answer. No one is simply dismissing "other names." They are dismissing Manziel's name. That is your opinion that Manziel is a better NFL QB than Taylor... But It certainly has not been evidenced on the field in terms of performance, or off the field in terms of behavior/prep/professionalism.

no one said Taylor is the answer. No one is simply dismissing "other names." They are dismissing Manziel's name. That is your opinion that Manziel is a better NFL QB than Taylor... But It certainly has not been evidenced on the field in terms of performance, or off the field in terms of behavior/prep/professionalism.

I've seen him move around better, create more space, and make more professional throws than Taylor. And with worse talent. Based on that and how he used evans, I bet he makes far better use of Watkins. I'd rather work with the guy with on field potential and off field issues, than the opposite Edited by JTSP

I've seen him move around better, create more space, and make more professional throws than Taylor. And with worse talent. Based on that and how he used evans, I bet he makes far better use of Watkins. I'd rather work with the guy with on field potential and off field issues, than the opposite

you wanted Hardy too, if I recall, and cut Mario or Hughes? Sweet roster you are building there. I'm out! Can't argue with this type of thought process. Edited by YoloinOhio

I've seen him move around better, create more space, and make more professional throws than Taylor. And with worse talent. Based on that and how he used evans, I bet he makes far better use of Watkins. I'd rather work with the guy with on field potential and off field issues, than the opposite

I don't see the same things with Manziel that you are seeing. And I am talking on field not off field.