Protesters at MNF Game

Sarcasm off:

No the common theme is that I was being sarcastic in both threads. Although I did/do care more about the Bills staying in Buffalo than I do about the issue of fracking. The issue of fracking is an entirely complex one. I was more attacking one who would attack someone for believing in and championing such a cause- especially by hurling insults at them including the fact they must enjoy granola and playing the drums. I am not taking a stance as to whether fracking is ultimately good or bad (it certainly has its advantages and it certainly has gone horribly wrong in many instances) but I absolutely respect someone who has the balls to do what those guys did last night. Whether they like granola or not.

In what many instances has fracking gone horribly wrong?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your schtick is tired.

Also, Carson isn't a Young Earth believer, not that it should matter anyhow; given that the entire political left holds a much more absurd belief that wealth is generated by magical unicorn rainbow farts.

Looks like he has changed his stance on that from a year or two ago. He does believe that the idea of evolution is propagated by Satan himself though. Super presidential belief.

And my shtick is tired? How's that whole EJ Manuel thing workin out for ya?

Sarcasm off:

No the common theme is that I was being sarcastic in both threads. Although I did/do care more about the Bills staying in Buffalo than I do about the issue of fracking. The issue of fracking is an entirely complex one. I was more attacking one who would attack someone for believing in and championing such a cause- especially by hurling insults at them including the fact they must enjoy granola and playing the drums. I am not taking a stance as to whether fracking is ultimately good or bad (it certainly has its advantages and it certainly has gone horribly wrong in many instances) but I absolutely respect someone who has the balls to do what those guys did last night. Whether they like granola or not.

So in other word, they act like religious zealots without following an established religion with a deity?

Looks like he has changed his stance on that from a year or two ago. He does believe that the idea of evolution is propagated by Satan himself though. Super presidential belief.

And my shtick is tired? How's that whole EJ Manuel thing workin out for ya?

What the !@#$ does a belief in evolution one way or another have to do with being Presidential??

You are literally attacking somebody who doesn't support the anti-fracking agenda without knowing anything about fracking. That's you being a partisan hack. I don't care if you're just being "sarcastic."

I don't care if joesixpack is a partisan moron either. I don't care if he's just hurling insults. You're doing the exact same thing for the other side, while trying to claim the moral high ground. It's bush league and pathetic. You can do better.

I don't not know anything about fracking. Again, fracking is a complex issue. For anyone to boldly to declare that it's a no-brainer one way or the other is ignorant. For someone to declare that someone protesting Bank of America, who does not have a great track record as a bank to begin with, is a jackass and has a penchant for eating granola is just dumb.

I don't care if joesixpack is a partisan moron either. I don't care if he's just hurling insults. You're doing the exact same thing for the other side, while trying to claim the moral high ground. It's bush league and pathetic. You can do better.

No he can't, not really.

Hell, most of this discussion - like any other "scientific" discussion - devolves in to the kindergarten metaphysics of "I don't know, but neither do you, so you should listen to the people I listen to!" Most people wouldn't know "science" if it bit them in the ass.

I don't not know anything about fracking. Again, fracking is a complex issue. For anyone to boldly to declare that it's a no-brainer one way or the other is ignorant. For someone to declare that someone protesting Bank of America, who does not have a great track record as a bank to begin with, is a jackass and has a penchant for eating granola is just dumb.

Someone protesting Bank of America at a football game for financing a LNG terminal is pretty much a jackass, though.

There's "protesting," then there's whoring for attention.

No he can't, not really.

Hell, most of this discussion - like any other "scientific" discussion - devolves in to the kindergarten metaphysics of "I don't know, but neither do you, so you should listen to the people I listen to!" Most people wouldn't know "science" if it bit them in the ass.

Alright I'm an idiot, you guys win. I guess I'm just one of those poor saps that you like to snipe at from the balcony.

Alright I'm an idiot, you guys win. I guess I'm just one of those poor saps that you like to snipe at from the balcony.

Actually, I generally ignore you. Your posts tend to be factless, opinionated rants, and you're a lightweight. It would be less sniping at you from the balcony that clubbing a baby seal.

Someone protesting Bank of America at a football game for financing a LNG terminal is pretty much a jackass, though.

There's "protesting," then there's whoring for attention.

But they got our attention. And they have thusly drawn attention to the issue. So they kind of succeeded in what they sought out to do.

Because in every other modernized, westernized country in the world it would be absolutely insane for that country's leader to not embrace the freaking theory of evolution, that's why.

Why? How is that going to determine the way he leads the country that would affect you and me or anyone for that matter?

Actually, I generally ignore you. Your posts tend to be factless, opinionated rants, and you're a lightweight. It would be less sniping at you from the balcony that clubbing a baby seal.

You are wise my friend. Perhaps someday I will be able to compete in the big heavyweight division and debate with those who think it's still OK to use the word "retard" so haphazardly.

And are you alluding only to my posts that veer into politics or are my football rants likewise bereft of facts?

But they got our attention. And they have thusly drawn attention to the issue. So they kind of succeeded in what they sought out to do.

Jackasses often do get attention. Doesn't mean they're not jackasses.

Lookit all the attention you're getting.

Why? How is that going to determine the way he leads the country that would affect you and me or anyone for that matter?

Dude, I'm done with this one.

EDIT: Actually let me ask you this- would you vote for a guy who was in line with you on most things politically if he was a Scientologist? See I wouldn't.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

You are wise my friend. Perhaps someday I will be able to compete in the big heavyweight division and debate with those who think it's still OK to use the word "retard" so haphazardly.

And are you alluding only to my posts that veer into politics or are my football rants likewise bereft of facts?

Pretty much only your political posts. Though I tend to gloss over your football posts, simply by association.

And my use of the word "retard" is far from haphazard. Quite the opposite, my usage is very specific and well-defined.

Dude, I'm done with this one.

You shouldn't be. You established a concrete and measurable political litmus test that a world leader shouldn't have a literal belief in the Book of Genesis. You should be able to back that up rationally (if not factually.) Beyond that, you should be able to rationally argue that a political litmus test itself is a valid principle.

But you won't. Again, "factless, opinionated rants." Precisely defined as "retarded."

Pretty much only your political posts. Though I tend to gloss over your football posts, simply by association.

And my use of the word "retard" is far from haphazard. Quite the opposite, my usage is very specific and well-defined.

Oh OK gotcha. Yeah I'm not that smart so you're not missing out on much. I was one of those idiots who thought EJ Manuel wasn't going to develop into a franchise QB for the Bills. And then this offseason, I was telling everyone that Derek Carr was going to be good but the legions of mental heavyweights told me that he sucked and that they wouldn't trade Manuel for him. Now I'm just a dumb bloke who is encouraged by Taylor's first five starts and thinks he very well may develop into that guy for the Bills. But what would I know anyway? I'm just a simple-minded mental peasant who opts not to use the word "retard."

I am trying to have hope for humanity!

Haha!!! ;) (sarcastic use of smiley face emoji)

Edited by metzelaars_lives