Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing a Tom Izzo team is always a tall order, he is an amazing coach both during regular season, but especially during the tournament! Isso seems to really be good at coaching against the next opponent. I also think Syracuse with it's pesky 2-3 zone is the perfect kind of team for tournaments like this, they force the team to focus on that style of play moreso than if it is a regular season game, you can kinda be prepared to play the 2-3 zone during regular season and if you lose, well it hurts but at that moment, it doesn't end your season. Tournament time you need to know exactly how to play against the 2-3 zone or you do go home. But hey, Dayton first, that should be a great game.

I have MSU winning it all this year in my bracket. You can pretty much pencil them in in the Final 4 every year.

I still have nightmares of when we lost to them in the sweet 16 in 2000. That was a good Cuse team too. I think MSU shot 70% from the field, and killed us. They won the title that year too.

Well, making it to the sweet 16 would be considered "a run" for a team like...I don't know...St. Bonaventure.

J/K :)

Yeah, it would be. And, that's where I think we had a chance to go this year.

I'm sure none of you watched the game last night. The Bonnie players came out with zero intensity and heart. The crowd was soldout, incredibly loud and supportive. Very disappointed in the team, as now it voice to aholes like above - who think now the committee was right.............Yeah, a mailed in effort came in just short of an all out Wagner effort. Had nothing to do with the team I saw all year.

And, that's very disappointing that they would not have more pride than that. Or too much pride - thinking they're above the NIT, which is now a good tournament and much harder to get into with the new rules.

Easy on the Bonnies, they got knocked out of the Not Invited Tournament in the first round.

Good luck on your stupid bet.

For some reason, what you just posted makes me think of this.

Shooter McGavin is a huge bills fan and hangs with Jim Kelly.

This is what bitterness sounds like. 10 out of 10 on the bitter factor

Put on your baby blue gentlemen and enjoy watching the Heels show you how to do it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'm not one of those that believe that statement, I am not sure if the committee got it right(or wrong) and if Syracuse beats Dayton, that won't do any more to convince me they got it right. I get the emotional let down, hell i fully believe that if Syracuse hadn't gotten in they would have declined all other post season tournaments, which is no better than mailing it in in one of the 'lesser' tournaments. Bonaventure is on a course heading in the right direction. It'll be nice to have some in-state competion...the UB crowd keeps pimping their team but so far I haven't seen it :-)

Yeah, it would be. And, that's where I think we had a chance to go this year.

I'm sure none of you watched the game last night. The Bonnie players came out with zero intensity and heart. The crowd was soldout, incredibly loud and supportive. Very disappointed in the team, as now it voice to aholes like above - who think now the committee was right.............Yeah, a mailed in effort came in just short of an all out Wagner effort. Had nothing to do with the team I saw all year.

And, that's very disappointing that they would not have more pride than that. Or too much pride - thinking they're above the NIT, which is now a good tournament and much harder to get into with the new rules.

I have MSU winning it all this year in my bracket. You can pretty much pencil them in in the Final 4 every year.

I still have nightmares of when we lost to them in the sweet 16 in 2000. That was a good Cuse team too. I think MSU shot 70% from the field, and killed us. They won the title that year too.

Things aren't going so good for Mateen Cleeves these days:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14981894/ex-basketball-star-mateen-cleaves-faces-sex-assault-charge

This is what bitterness sounds like. 10 out of 10 on the bitter factor

That's exactly what is is. Total bitterness. This was a team that had the potential to make that "run" to the Sweet Sixteen (a run in our book). Best season in all my years.............Taken away by the committee and then the team mails in a performance that let's the twittersphere say See!

I'm not one of those that believe that statement, I am not sure if the committee got it right(or wrong) and if Syracuse beats Dayton, that won't do any more to convince me they got it right. I get the emotional let down, hell i fully believe that if Syracuse hadn't gotten in they would have declined all other post season tournaments, which is no better than mailing it in in one of the 'lesser' tournaments. Bonaventure is on a course heading in the right direction. It'll be nice to have some in-state competion...the UB crowd keeps pimping their team but so far I haven't seen it :-)

No, you're not. Thanks. Unlike you guys, now we have to worry about keeping our coach - and all league player (you guys have to worry about them going to the NBA - we have to worry about them thinking they need to show their talents in a P5 league).

If we keep both - we have some great players who red shirted this year - transfers and such - and will keep that right direction going. I hope SU will play us again next year.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14981894/ex-basketball-star-mateen-cleaves-faces-sex-assault-charge

That's exactly what is is. Total bitterness. This was a team that had the potential to make that "run" to the Sweet Sixteen (a run in our book). Best season in all my years.............Taken away by the committee and then the team mails in a performance that let's the twittersphere say See!

No, you're not. Thanks. Unlike you guys, now we have to worry about keeping our coach - and all league player (you guys have to worry about them going to the NBA - we have to worry about them thinking they need to show their talents in a P5 league).

If we keep both - we have some great players who red shirted this year - transfers and such - and will keep that right direction going. I hope SU will play us again next year.

It will be a really good loss on their resume if they do and can keep it close.

Hey, VCU and Shaka Smart had a nice long tenure together...mid majors aren't quite as one and done as they used to be, key is to get someone there to build the program, stick around for a few years with some success to make it even more attractive once they get to that level. My Dad went to Bonaventure so it has a small spot in my heart, but Syracuse consumes the rest of my college basketball heart.

It will be a really good loss on their resume if they do and can keep it close.

I'm sure you don't know, since you're being one right now - but SU didn't take a lead until 8 minutes left in the game. Bonnies had control the whole game, hit a cold stretch at a bad time - and then it was desperation time. That was nowhere close to being a 13 point game, in terms of what you think that means if you didn't watch it.

aholes? Take it easy man. I was just joking around. Sorry your team lost.

aholes? Take it easy man. I was just joking around. Sorry your team lost.

I'm not talking about you. I know you were just kidding.

Hey, VCU and Shaka Smart had a nice long tenure together...mid majors aren't quite as one and done as they used to be, key is to get someone there to build the program, stick around for a few years with some success to make it even more attractive once they get to that level. My Dad went to Bonaventure so it has a small spot in my heart, but Syracuse consumes the rest of my college basketball heart.

Yeah, we had exactly that - always fearing Jim Baron will leave - but then when he did, Jan van Brenda Koff came in and kept it going..............Then he let in a stud with a welding degree!

Good to know your Dad is a Bonnie!

I'm sure you don't know, since you're being one right now - but SU didn't take a lead until 8 minutes left in the game. Bonnies had control the whole game, hit a cold stretch at a bad time - and then it was desperation time. That was nowhere close to being a 13 point game, in terms of what you think that means if you didn't watch it.

I know you're calling me an a-hole, I just don't put much stock in the words of a crybaby.

As to the Cuse-Bonnie game, I think Syracuse won. Here are my comments about that game.

Mixed feelings about that game. It is always good to see a win, but the half court offense struggled mightily. Richardson looks as good as advertised and Lydon looks like he's going to be a really good young player. Big kid with a good outside shot. While watching, I kept thinking of Ricky Roe in the movie "Blue Chips". :lol:

Syracuse will be returning better players than Bona and will be bringing in better players. Count me as unconcerned at the idea of Cuse having to play them next year.

I know you're calling me an a-hole, I just don't put much stock in the words of a crybaby.

As to the Cuse-Bonnie game, I think Syracuse won. Here are my comments about that game.

Syracuse will be returning better players than Bona and will be bringing in better players. Count me as unconcerned at the idea of Cuse having to play them next year.

What the hell do your comments say about anything? You do realize you have about 30X the resources of Bona. You shouldn't be concerned. Especially, since Boeheim ended the series because he knows he can lose in the RC.

Watch the VCU coach's press conference on youtube from this week if you want to see how the economics of the game are all slanted towards Syracuse.

But, you get on here and talk **** like you're talking about a pretty even playing field, like the NFL.

https://twitter.com/shannshep/status/659496921644597248

Pretty easy to end a series and say good bye.

Knock off the smack talk.

Why are we even talking about Bona? Don't we have a game tomorrow? I don't know much about Dayton other than what read in a PS article. Not a lot of size and not a great shooting team from what I saw. Anyone know anything about them?

I am so pumped because I managed to keep my work schedule clear for tomorrow. Got a 4 pack of Heady Topper I've been saving for a week (that is really hard to do), and a few Cuban cigars I smuggled back from the Dominican. Life is good.

Go Cuse!!

Enjoy the Heady, I had one saturday night while listening to ELP Brain Salad Surger. I'm heading out to a bar near me to hopefully score some Pliny the Younger at a tap event then watching the game, shaping up to be a great day!

Why are we even talking about Bona? Don't we have a game tomorrow? I don't know much about Dayton other than what read in a PS article. Not a lot of size and not a great shooting team from what I saw. Anyone know anything about them?

I am so pumped because I managed to keep my work schedule clear for tomorrow. Got a 4 pack of Heady Topper I've been saving for a week (that is really hard to do), and a few Cuban cigars I smuggled back from the Dominican. Life is good.

Go Cuse!!

Knock off the smack talk.

Are you kidding me? In a Syracuse thread, I'm saying Syracuse will beat another team next year. I'm also needling someone taking it way too seriously. Pretty harmless stuff.

Anything for the guy calling people aholes?

What the hell do your comments say about anything? You do realize you have about 30X the resources of Bona. You shouldn't be concerned. Especially, since Boeheim ended the series because he knows he can lose in the RC.

Watch the VCU coach's press conference on youtube from this week if you want to see how the economics of the game are all slanted towards Syracuse.

But, you get on here and talk **** like you're talking about a pretty even playing field, like the NFL.

https://twitter.com/shannshep/status/659496921644597248

Pretty easy to end a series and say good bye.

I know it's an uneven playing field, I just don't care. Life isn't fair. Bona deserved to get in. I said before they got snubbed. Nothing can be done about it now. Good luck next year.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall