One Year Out: Who do you select for POTUS?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four top candidates would you like to see as our next President?

• Donald Trump
    • Ben Carson
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Christie is gonna be a factor in this before it's all said and done. Not that he will win the nomination, but that he will make a run toward the top. I can't commit to anyone yet.

I don't even think Christie's a factor in Christie's campaign.

NEW QUINNIPIAC POLL: Carson, Rubio, Cruz, and Christie Over Hillary

One year before Election Day 2016, Dr. Ben Carson is virtually tied with Donald Trump as strong front-runners for the Republican nomination, and Carson tops former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 50 – 40 percent in the final face-off, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.

Trump gets 24 percent of Republican votes, with Carson at 23 percent, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 14 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas at 13 percent, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 4 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds.

Ben Carson’s lead over Hillary Clinton is amazing by itself, but becomes even more so when the demographics are revealed. He’s beating her among women:

Clinton’s traditional lead among women evaporates as American voters pick Carson over the Democrat 50 – 40 percent. Women go 45 percent for Carson and 44 percent for Clinton, while men back the Republican 55 – 35 percent.

Her Inevitable Madameship isn’t just struggling against the good doctor, however:

In other matchups with GOP contenders:

Clinton gets 46 percent to Trump’s 43 percent;

Rubio tops Clinton 46 – 41 percent;

Cruz gets 46 percent to Clinton’s 43 percent;

New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie tops Clinton 46 – 41 percent.

Yes, it is still very early. What these poll numbers do though is dispel the media and Democrat narrative about the GOP field being a hot mess. It is as it has been from the beginning: a deep, talented bench with a lot of potential.

It’s also much younger and much less white than whatever the Democrats have going on.

Christie ? ?

I don't even think Christie's a factor in Christie's campaign.

Good chance he or any Republican won't win NJ in a Presidential election and yeah he'll have a hard time winning a Governor's election again. He's Trump tough without the gaffs and does better on camera IMO than Carson.

Watch Rubio.

He's got some momentum right now.

Trump President, Paul VP

Outsider/successful businessman plus true fiscal conservative who's most well versed in constitution. That would be my dream ticket of the available candidates.

In the general election I will either vote Republican, Independent (although I don't know who that could be right now), or not at all; i.e. no chance I will vote for Hillary.

Edited by JTSP

Trump President, Paul VP

Outsider/successful businessman plus true fiscal conservative who's most well versed in constitution. That would be my dream ticket of the available candidates.

In the general election I will either vote Republican, Independent (although I don't know who that could be right now), or not at all; i.e. no chance I will vote for Hillary.

In all fairness, depending on where you live, it's possible no one gives a schitt about who gets your vote.

I live in CA and my vote means absolutely nothing at any level except the city in which I live.

In all fairness, depending on where you live, it's possible no one gives a schitt about who gets your vote.

I live in CA and my vote means absolutely nothing at any level except the city in which I live.

I've felt this way for many years that I can make a change at the local level only here in CA. You have to start somewhere.