What caused the Russian plane crash?

truth on hold

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't AF447 Crash because the pitot tubes froze over and the co pilot lost situational awareness and put the plane in a low airspeed stall?

And what happened to that Malaysian a320 that crashed over summer? Wasn't that similar? I can't remember

AF447 crashed because the pitot tubes froze over, which disengaged the autopilot, and the pilots for some unknown reason put the plane in a climb (7000 ft/m, 30 degree angle of attack) while fighting the turbulence. It had nothing to do with the computer, which acted properly (it detected the incorrect data inputs, and disengaged like it was supposed to, to let the pilots recover the situation.) It was entirely pilot error.

The other one...I think you mean the Indonesia Air crash. That was largely the same thing (disengaged autopilot, improper crew response), but in that case the autopilot was disengaged because the pilot had to turn off a balky flight computer. So that was at least partially a computer's fault.

That was largely the same thing (disengaged autopilot, improper crew response), but in that case the autopilot was disengaged because the pilot had to turn off a balky flight computer. So that was at least partially a computer's fault.

I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.

I just watched 2001 A Space Odyssey last week. That is one weird movie. Two and a half hours and if broken down into any relevant bits it could have been 30 minutes tops.

I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.

I just watched 2001 A Space Odyssey last week. That is one weird movie. Two and a half hours and if broken down into any relevant bits it could have been 30 minutes tops.

2001 is as much about the visual as it is the story. Was that your first time watching it?

2001 is as much about the visual as it is the story. Was that your first time watching it?

No second time. I get the whole visual thing but for me I'm about the story not the visual. Sure visual helps but there needs to be a compelling story behind it too. I also get that the story behind 2001 I very up to interpretation. That's why I really don't care for movies these days they seem to be more about explosions and eye candy that about story.

No second time. I get the whole visual thing but for me I'm about the story not the visual. Sure visual helps but there needs to be a compelling story behind it too. I also get that the story behind 2001 I very up to interpretation. That's why I really don't care for movies these days they seem to be more about explosions and eye candy that about story.

Amazing how wrong people in the 50s/60s were about the advancement of technology.

U.S. official says intelligence suggests someone at airport put bomb on plane

The U.S. does not believe the explosive device was designed to get past airport security procedures — either passenger screening or other security measures — in Egypt, another U.S. official said.

Rather, it is believed whoever was behind it used a conventional explosive device and took advantage of lax security at the local airport or had someone complicit at the airport, the official said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/04/middleeast/russian-plane-crash-airport-security/index.html

Edited by JTSP

thinking it's still a coin toss between structural problem with tail section or bomb, but with bomb an increasing probability, wondering if this video released shortly after the crash by ISIS is legit:

http://youtu.be/l_Vj-A6KVxA

It does appear to be a twin engine passenger plane like the airbus. What's not visible is the tail section breaking apart. Also if this was from a previous or different incident, why hasn't that been pointed out?

Edited by JTSP