Week 9: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Sammy Active

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouting Report - Week 9 - Bills-Dolphins

Buffalo is hoping to continue their recent home success against Miami. Their success on first down could play a large role in Sunday's outcome.

@ArmandoSalguero

Meanwhile, WR Sammy Watkins not likely to play for the Buffalo Bills vs. Miami on Sunday. Limited all week, DNP today.

@ArmandoSalguero

ICYMI...Jason Fox: 'The offensive line is ready' http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/11/jason-fox-the-offensive-line-is-ready.html

Scouting Report - Week 9 - Bills-Dolphins

@ArmandoSalguero

Meanwhile, WR Sammy Watkins not likely to play for the Buffalo Bills vs. Miami on Sunday. Limited all week, DNP today.

@viccarucci: Sammy Watkins says he's planning to play Sunday. Said he was bothered by "fatigue" in Thursday's practice. #Bills

OK. Which is it?

OK. Which is it?

I'd go with the direct quote from Sammy.

@ChrisBrownBills

Sammy Watkins said he will "definitely" play Sunday. However he said he'll have to see how ankle holds up as the game goes. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

Kyle Williams and Percy Harvin are out for Sunday. Corey Graham probable along with Mario Williams. #Bills

Tweet from Rodak:

Bills WR Sammy Watkins says he thinks he'll "definitely" play Sunday vs. Dolphins. Officially listed as questionable. Rex Ryan said Watkins had "hiccup" at end of Thursday's practice. Watkins said his ankle was feeling fatigued.

Tweet from Rodak:

Bills WR Sammy Watkins says he thinks he'll "definitely" play Sunday vs. Dolphins. Officially listed as questionable. Rex Ryan said Watkins had "hiccup" at end of Thursday's practice. Watkins said his ankle was feeling fatigued.

Sammy on Sunday?

PLArt_WoodDuckDecoyCsm.jpg

OK. Which is it?

that salguero dude is a Miami reporter. He was having wishful thinking.

Sammy on Sunday?

PLArt_WoodDuckDecoyCsm.jpg

i think to some degree that will be the case. They all know the offense functions more effectively if he's playing. As Rex said, as long as it more of a pain tolerance issue than a situation where he could injure it further by playing, he will be on the field. Edited by YoloinOhio

@SalSports

Watkins listed as questionable, says he will play. Graham, Mario probable. Harvin out (full report and story): http://www.wgr550.com/Watkins-listed-as-questionable-says-he-will-play/22151154

@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins on Thursday: “I just kind of told the coaches, ‘Hey, my ankle is kind of bothering me. I had a little tweak.’” Held out Friday

@SalSports

Watkins listed as questionable, says he will play. Graham, Mario probable. Harvin out (full report and story): http://www.wgr550.com/Watkins-listed-as-questionable-says-he-will-play/22151154

‏@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins on Thursday: I just kind of told the coaches, Hey, my ankle is kind of bothering me. I had a little tweak. Held out Friday

Someone asked in another thread if Sammy was always injured in college. It made me think back to the only full game I saw him in, and I thought I remembered him being hobbled a bit.

Now I don't believe that he'll always be bothered by a nagging injury, but it does give pause looking at how much he has been thusfar.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Breaking Down The Bills
By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

Examining the Dolphins opponent’s strengths and weaknesses.

INJURY REPORT: James Out; Parker, Kovacs Doubtful For Sunday

By Alain Poupart - miamidolphins.com

Get the latest injury updates from the Dolphins and Bills heading into Sunday’s AFC East showdown at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

@SunSentinel

#Dolphins vs. #Bills: Who has the edge? http://sunsent.nl/1NUcnGh

CTJn6cbWUAAi0Q4.jpg

Watkins insists he'll play; has to manage ankle injury
Sammy Watkins was held out of practice Friday and is listed as questionable, but said he'll definitely play on Sunday.

Sammy Watkins: "I'll Definitely Be Out There" (2:25)
Sammy Watkins talked to the media friday after practice and offered up a quick update on his injury and his status for Sunday.

All teams go through injuries. Good teams find a way to win.

yeah and the supposedly good teams Pittsburgh and Dallas have not found any way to win without their key players. Neither could Cinci or Carolina last year; this year their key guys are healthy and, what a surprise, they 're 15 and 0. "next man up" is a bunch of garbage unless Brady or Rodgers are your QB. For a teams top 10 or 12 players, the drop from 1st to 2nd team is dramatic... lose 5 or 6 of 'em for 7 or 8 games and your season is usually over...